Raspberry Cranberry Sauce + Giveaway
Tangy-sweet cranberry sauce loaded with fresh Driscoll’s raspberries. This raspberry and cranberry sauce is so perky, it’s sure to be the star of your Thanksgiving table. Serve any leftovers with goat cheese and crostini for a savory sweet snack!
Every single year I look forward to holiday cooking.
To me, preparing meals for holiday events seems much more meaningful than cooking the rest of the year.
I think of my mom buzzing around the kitchen, always so calm no matter how many people were crowded at her table. I think of my in-laws up north, nestled in toasty houses with snow on their window sills.
The rustic and vibrant flavors of the cool months stir up warm memories of past celebrations. Apples, pumpkin, butternut squash, brussels sprouts, cranberries and raspberries… all these fresh ingredients create anticipation of upcoming events and new memories to be made.
Holiday recipes are special because they are made with love. We take the time to add little touches we know our friends and family will enjoy.
As part of Driscoll’s Made with Love campaign this season, I made this recipe with love for my family, and I know your family will feel just as loved when you make it for them!
I’m a fan of any kind of cranberry sauce, but this raspberry-cranberry sauce is a family favorite.
My kids are crazy for fresh berries, so this raspberry-heavy sauce is right up their alley.
I combined fresh cranberries, fresh Driscoll’s raspberries, ginger, and mint in a sauce pot with some sugar and a heavy dose of raspberry liqueur. The raspberry liqueur adds depth to the raspberry-cranberry sauce and accentuates the natural berry flavors in the fruit.
Once the sauce has simmered for a few minutes to burst all the berries, it can be served warm or cold, as a Thanksgiving side dish, as a compote to serve with cheese, or on desserts.
One of my favorite ways to enjoy it is on some slices of fresh baguette with a smear of soft goat cheese. Mmmmmm.
I could make a whole meal out of that.
Crazy for cooking and baking with fresh berries?
Driscoll’s has a fantastic Made with Love Sweepstakes going on to get you in the holiday spirit!
Over the next two months…
- 2 Grand Prize Winners will be selected to Win a KitchenAid Stand Mixer + a Year’s Worth of Fresh Driscoll’s Berries.
- 4 Additional Winners will be selected to Win a Year’s Worth of Fresh Driscoll’s Berries!
To enter Driscoll’s KitchenAid Sweepstakes, LINK HERE.
And just for fun, today one lucky reader could win $100 worth of Fresh Driscoll’s Berries!
Enter using the automated entry form below. For US residents only.
Raspberry Cranberry Sauce
- 3 cups (12oz.) fresh cranberries
- 4 cups (3 - 6oz. packages) fresh Driscoll's Raspberries
- 1/3 cup raspberry liqueur
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tb. fresh grated ginger
- 2 Tb. chopped fresh mint
- Pinch of salt
- Place the cranberries, raspberry liqueur, sugar, ginger, mint and salt in a saucepot, saving the fresh raspberries for later. Heat the pot to medium heat and simmer for about 10 minutes, stir the cranberries every few minutes.
- Once the cranberries have popped and a sauce has formed, add the fresh raspberries. Stir and simmer another 5 minutes, until the raspberries have just cooked through. Serve warm or cold.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Driscoll’s. All opinions are my own.
Like what you see? SUBSCRIBE below to receive new recipes by email.
114 Responses to “Raspberry Cranberry Sauce + Giveaway”
Pingback: » Giveaways-November 1, 2013