Bacon Wrapped Veggie Bundles
Roasted vegetables neatly tied in bacon and drizzled with cider maple glaze. These bacon wrapped beauties are a surefire way to get your kids to eat their veggies, and will make a great addition to any holiday meal this season.
I have a theory that if you wrap anything in bacon, it becomes mysteriously delicious.
Anyone share this theory with me?
Bacon Wrapped Cardboard… Shoes… Parsnips…
Just kidding. I love parsnips, but I know three other people that happen to live in my house that would rather tackle eating a sneaker than a parsnip.
However, tie those parsnips up in bacon and drizzle them with cider maple glaze, and we have a different senario on our hands.
These visually appealing and individually portioned roasted vegetables are a great side dish for any meal, even Thanksgiving!
Simply trim and slice carrots and parsnips into long pieces, about the same dimensions as the asparagus. Then tie them into neat bundles with a thick strip of bacon.
While the roasted vegetables are in the oven, whisk up a simple maple glaze with pure maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, and spices. Then drizzle the maple glaze over the veggies and pop them back in the oven for a few minutes. Viola!
The slightly bitter parsnips actually balance the sweetness of the carrots and glaze to make a decidedly well-rounded dish.
Who would have thunk?!
Bacon Wrapped Roasted Vegetables with Cider Maple Glaze are a new Collier family favorite… even with the parsnips.
I think so.
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Bacon Wrapped Roasted Vegetables with Maple Glaze
For the Roasted Vegetables:
- 1 lb. carrots, trimmed and quartered lengthwise
- 1 lb. parsnips, trimmed and peeled, then cut into long spears
- 1 lb. asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 8 slices thick cut bacon
- Salt and pepper
For the Maple Glaze:
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 Tb. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F, and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Trim all the veggies, cutting the carrots and parsnips into long pieces approximately the same size as the asparagus.
- Separate the veggies into bundles with about 3 asparagus spears, 3 carrot spears and 3 parsnip spears. Tie each bundle with a piece of bacon and lay them on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk the ingredients for the glaze together. After 20 minutes, drizzle the glaze over the veggies and place them back in the oven for another 5 minutes. Serve warm.
Like what you see? SUBSCRIBE below to receive new recipes by email.