Guacamole and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
Today I’ve got a zesty and creamy guacamole and cheese stuffed chicken breast recipe, that your whole family will love. The combination of the latin flavors and rich goat cheese make this chicken dinner really stand out!
I’ve been craving chicken lately. Do you ever go through phases where you only crave one type of protein, or one food?
NO… I’m not pregnant. I just like chicken.
But I will admit, the chicken breasts I buy at the market each week can get a little old, if they are not paid the proper respect.
We’ve been making chicken soup, chicken pasta, slow cooker chicken, and many more. But today I offer you a Guacamole and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Recipe.
It’s so good guys, with similar flavors to a chicken and cheese enchilada without all the wrappings. This is a great recipe to serve with a big salad or roasted vegetables if you are watching your carb intake.
I used soft creamy goat cheese and blended it with my favorite go-to gauc, Wholly Guacamole.
I like to make homemade guacamole as well, but there are times when a really great pre-made product comes in handy, and this is one of those times.
Wholly Guacamole is as close to homemade as possible. Their special packaging allows them to make guacamole without all the chemicals often used for preservatives. It’s pretty great stuff!
I blended the goat cheese and guacamole with some sweet red peppers, then spooned into inside the incision I made in each chicken breast. Then I sealed the chicken breast with a toothpick and rubbed them down with latin spices before baking.
The spicy heat from the outside, combined with the cheesy guac-goodies of the inside, is really something spectacular! Plus it comes together so quickly, for a bold and comforting dinner your family will beg for, again and again.
I’m crazy over this stuffed chicken breast recipe. It’s on the top of my chicken dinner love list.
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe (Guac and Cheese)
- 3 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, 6 total
- 8 oz. package Wholly Guacamole
- 6 oz. chevre goat cheese, softened
- 3 Tb. chopped roasted red pepper or sun-dried peppers
- 2 Tb. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Place the chicken breasts on the baking sheet and use a boning knife to cut a horizontal deep pocket through the center of each chicken breast. Make sure it runs the length of the breast but doesn't cut all the way through.
- Place the chevre and guacamole in a bowl and use a fork to blend. Then mix in the chopped red peppers. Spoon the filling inside each chicken breast and carefully close them. Use a toothpick to secure the gap in each breast. Then rub oil over the chicken breasts and rub to coat.
- Mix the spices, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Then sprinkle over the chicken and gently rub in.
- Bake the chicken for 30-40 minutes until the juices run clear.
More Great Chicken Recipes
Chicken and Cheese Enchiladas – TidyMom
Honey Mustard Chicken – Bake Your Day
Chipotle Honey Glazed Chicken – Simple Bites
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Wholly Guacamole. All opinions are my own.
SUBSCRIBE below to receive new recipes by email + Our FREE eCookbook Top 25 Recipes!