Rich chocolatey mocha with a kick of cinnamon and spicy heat. This latin-inspired mocha recipe will keep you warm, down to your toes, all through the chilly months.
Ever had a Mexican Mocha?
It’s a cafe mocha drink with the addition of rustic spices and spicy heat!
When I step into a coffee shop, it’s the first thing I look for on the menu. This rich blend of coffee and California-made cream with cinnamon, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper makes this warming beverage even more stimulating.
The spices add an extra layer of warming-power that makes my throat tingle and my heart happy.
Dishes from Villeroy & Boch.
My recipe today is written for one beverage. Yet, this is a great mix to make in larger batches for edible gifts this season.
Just imagine packaging up a jar of Mexican Mocha Mix with some aromatic roasted coffee beans, and a cute little instruction tag.
Who wouldn’t want that?!
Or what about tailgating? Hanging in the parking lot with friends on a chilly autumn day would be much more toasty with a Mexican Mocha in your hands.
Personally, I like to make a large batch of Mexican Mocha Mix to keep in the pantry for rainy days.
Yield: 1 cup
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Mexican Mocha Recipe
- 6 oz. strong coffee (or two shots espresso)
- 2 Tb. powdered sugar
- 1 Tb.unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1-3 Tb. California heavy cream (or half & half)
- In a small bowl, mix the dry ingredients together.
- Pour the coffee in a large mug, stir in the cocoa mix, until smooth. Then add cream to taste.
- I usually like to make a larger batch of the Mexican Mocha Mix so I can make them quickly when needed. See batch instructions below.
Mexican Mocha Mix (Large Batch)
1 cup powdered sugar
Use 3 tablespoons per cup.
Get a FREE GIFT when you SUBSCRIBE to receive new posts by email: