celebrate in simple style with:

Brilliant Bundt Cakes

buy now!

The Kohler Food & Wine Experience

Reminiscing over Kohler Food and Wine Experience 2013, the largest food and wine festival in the midwest! You’re going to want to mark this on your calendar for next year.

Kohler Food & Wine Experience 2013 in Kohler, Wisconsin #travel #food #wine

Ever heard of Kohler, Wisconsin?

Home of Kohler the company, The American Club Resort, Whistling Straits Golf Course, and the annual Kohler Food & Wine Experience??

If you’ve been reading along since this time last year, you might remember my trip to Kohler last fall. This year I was very forunate to get another chance to head back up to The American Club with a wonderful group of bloggers.

Kohler Food & Wine Experience 2013 in Kohler, Wisconsin #travel #food #wine

Every October, Kohler’s American Club Resort, just named the Top Resort in the Midwest by Conde Nast Traveler Magazine’s Readers Poll, hosts a fabulous food and wine festival in the cozy little village of Kohler, Wisconsin.

Although Kohler is best known for their sleek and durable home fixtures, they also own several esteemed companies such as Ann Sacks Tile, Baker Furniture, and Robern Cabinetry.

And let’s not forget their award winning resort, golf courses and spa, all inspired by members of the Kohler family.

Kohler Food & Wine Experience 2013 in Kohler, Wisconsin #travel #food #wineBeautiful Bloggers in our Group: Ali, Heidi, Sandy, Dara, Amy and Amanda.

When we first arrived in the village of Kohler, we headed to the Kohler Design Center and Museum. I’m always amazed to see early American ingenuity, like Kohler’s first electric dishwasher seen above.

We played “How Many Bloggers Can Fit in the Bathtub” and Ooooed and Ahhhhed over the breathtaking room designs in the upper level of the design center.

Kohler Food & Wine Experience 2013 in Kohler, Wisconsin #travel #food #wine

Then we stopped by Kohler’s Craverie Chocolatier Cafe to meet Chef Annette Righi, Kohler’s head chocolatier.

Chef Annette told us the story of Mr. Herbert Kohler’s passion for fine chocolates, spurring on the creation of their signature Terrapin, a chocolate caramel candy named after a type of turtle.

And of course we tried a few…

Kohler Food & Wine Experience 2013 in Kohler, Wisconsin #travel #food #wine

After that we spent a ridiculously-indulgent weekend: visiting Kohler’s Water Spa, eating at their marvelous restaurants, going to parties, tasting wines, and watching cooking demos with famous chefs.

Taste of the Vine -Kohler Food & Wine Experience 2013 in Kohler, Wisconsin #travel #food #wine

And I learned a few things… Did you know Ernie Els (the golfer) partnered with world-renowned wine maker Louis Strydom to make his own Australian wines?

They were wonderful.

Kohler Food & Wine Experience 2013 in Kohler, Wisconsin #travel #food #wine

I also learned quite a bit about beer pairing from master beer sommelier Marc Stroobandt.

Marc and Chef Michael Feker put on a highly entertaining cooking and pairing demo using Stella Artois Beers.

Kohler Food & Wine Experience 2013 in Kohler, Wisconsin #travel #food #wine

Never have so many beers been placed in front of me at one time… it was pretty nice.

Kohler Food & Wine Experience 2013 in Kohler, Wisconsin #travel #food #wine

We got to meet beloved Chef Jacques Pepin and his daughter Claudine. They shared their take on gourmet fast food, i.e. cooking quick at home.

Kohler Food & Wine Experience 2013 in Kohler, Wisconsin #travel #food #wine

Yet one of the coolest things we got to do was hang out with Cat Cora in the Kohler Greenhouse Coffee Shop.

Cat sat with us for over an hour and chatted about family, cooking, business, and technology.

We were proud to be able to teach her something… how to use “AirDrop” photo sharing on her iphone. That was a very proud moment! *wink*

Cat Cora -Kohler Food & Wine Experience 2013 in Kohler, Wisconsin #travel #food #winePhoto Credit: Foodie Crush

On our last night in Kohler we visited the quaint River Wildlife Lodge restaurant for one last glorious meal before we all had to head back to reality.

It was hard to say goodbye to such a marvelous weekend!

River Wildlife Lodge -http://www.americanclubresort.com/village/tours/design_center.html

So to recap, #KohlerFoodWine is an event not-to-be-missed in 2014.

I’ve been twice now, and would love to make it a yearly getaway. Both trips were so unique, offering different wines, dishes, and experiences. Plus the homey luxury of the American Club Resort makes you wish you could stay forever!

River WildLife -http://www.americanclubresort.com/village/tours/design_center.htmlPhoto Credit: Cookin Canuck

If you get the chance to visit Kohler this year, here’s what I suggest you do…

Kohler Bucket List

Stay at the American Club

Relax at the Waters Spa

Play Golf at one of the Award-Winning Courses (Lt. Dan will talk more about this soon!)

Eat at the Immigrant Restaurant (or the Horse & Plough, River Wildlife Lodge, and Cucina)

Splurge at Craverie Chocolatier Cafe

Shop  in Kohler’s Shops at Woodlake

Visit the Design Center (and jot down all your newly-discovered remodel plans.)

Plan for the Kohler Food & Wine Experience 2014!

Disclosure: The American Club hosted me at this event. All opinions are always my own.

You May Also Like...

27 Responses to “The Kohler Food & Wine Experience”

1. Julie @ Running in a Skirtposted October 30, 2013 at 4:49 am

I’m hungry and thirsty just thinking about this! So glad you had a good trip.

2. Miss @ Miss in the Kitchenposted October 30, 2013 at 6:31 am

What an incredible event! I know I would love going through the design center, not to mention all of that wonderful food!

3. Melanie @ Carmel Momentsposted October 30, 2013 at 6:31 am

Looks like a ton of fun!

4. Kevin @ Closet Cookingposted October 30, 2013 at 6:37 am

That looks like a fun adventure!

5. marlaposted October 30, 2013 at 6:49 am

Wow this looks like such a FUN event!! Thanks for sharing :)

6. Ali @ Inspiralizedposted October 30, 2013 at 7:00 am

Looks like such a blast – and a beautiful place to spend a day! Thanks for sharing.

7. Jenny Flakeposted October 30, 2013 at 7:16 am

Cute! Love the pics!! xoxo

8. Erin | The Law Student's Wifeposted October 30, 2013 at 7:23 am

Oh my goodness, I have totally been to Chef Feker’s restaurant, Il Mito in Milwaukee–it is AMAZING and my favorite Italian food (he did a demo for my bridal shower, and it made my life.) So glad you had a good time in my home state :-). It looks like an incredible experience!

9. Ali | Gimme Some Ovenposted October 30, 2013 at 7:34 am

Ha! I forgot about the posing-in-the-bathtub pic. Classic Kohler. ;)

Such a wonderful roundup! And an even more wonderful experience. So grateful to get to share it with you and such a great group of girls. Cheers!!

10. Sandy@ReluctantEntertainerposted October 30, 2013 at 7:37 am

What a fantastic time, I can’t wait to finish up my post. There were so many incredible things about this trip, and you recapped it so well. I want to go back to Kohlher! Great job, girl!

11. Heather Christoposted October 30, 2013 at 7:48 am

Looks like an awesome trip Sommer!!

12. Carolynposted October 30, 2013 at 8:01 am

Looks like such a great event, Sommer. Now how do I get myself invited??? :)

13. Marian (Sweetopia)posted October 30, 2013 at 8:06 am

What an amazing event with amazing people, Sommer! Love the food bloggers you were with, Jacques, Cat Cora and all the Kohler food and wine experiences!

14. Julie @ Table for Twoposted October 30, 2013 at 8:43 am

I totally didn’t know there was actually a city of Kohler, haha! That’s so awesome! Looks like such a fun weekend :)

15. Dawn Kleinposted October 30, 2013 at 9:20 am

I live just a few miles from Kohler. I’ve been to the Design Center, the Horse and Plow, and the Woodlake Shops, but that’s it. I’m glad you had a good time! The weather and fall colors were gorgeous that weekend! It’s been colder now and the colors aren’t quite as pretty anymore.

16. Liz @ The Lemon Bowlposted October 30, 2013 at 9:58 am

No wonder there’s a wine shortage now!!! I blame you ladies!! ;-) I can’t believe I’m in Michigan and I’ve never been to Kohler, WI! I need to get there!!

17. Cookin Canuckposted October 30, 2013 at 10:38 am

It was such an amazing trip, and you captured it perfectly in your photos, Sommer! I was so glad to spend the weekend with you wonderful ladies.

Kohler truly puts on a fantastic Food & Wine event in the most amazing location.

18. Georgia @ The Comfort of Cookingposted October 30, 2013 at 11:37 am

Oh my goodness, how divine does this look! What a wonderful experience and a great time had with girlfriends.

19. naomiposted October 30, 2013 at 11:50 am

Looks like you guys had a great time and I’m sure the food was fabulous!

20. Heidi @foodiecrushposted October 30, 2013 at 6:31 pm

Oh man, I want to go BAAAACK! What an amazing trip, food, location and of course the company we were in! I’ve told everyone I know its a place they need to put on their list. Who-da thunk? In the middle of Wisconsin! What a wrap-up.

• Heidi @foodiecrush — October 30th, 2013 @ 6:32 pm

PS I had my last terrapin tonight. But I still have another box of chocolates. Who needs Halloween Candy?

21. Aimeeposted October 30, 2013 at 7:35 pm

You all are so darn CUTE! Looks like fun.

22. Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabblesposted October 31, 2013 at 6:58 am

This trip looks absolutely wonderful. Great recap, Sommer. We’ve always wanted to visit Kohler and The American Club…and my hubby wants to bring his golf clubs with! How great to experience it with Kohler Food & Wine!

23. Megan {Country Cleaver}posted November 1, 2013 at 8:41 am

What a fun adventure – and Jaques Pepin? I die!!!!!!!

24. Pingback: Kohler Food and Wine Festival Experience 2013 » Lifestyle Coaching

25. Pingback: Kohler Food and Wine Festival Experience 2013 | reluctantentertainer.com Reluctant Entertainer I Sandy Coughlin - Lifestyle, Entertaining, Food, Recipes, Hospitality and Gardening

26. Pingback: Kohler Food and Wine Experience - 2013 - She Wears Many Hats