Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
Rich lavish Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie drizzled with chocolate ganache and sprinkled with chopped nuts. This peanut butter pie is calling your name!
I need your help…
I’m currently in the middle of a scandalous love affair with peanut butter pie, and I don’t know how to get out of it.
I’ve tried avoidance, focusing on other things, even cold showers.
But something about the rich luxurious filling and dark chocolatey crust entangles my emotions and makes me lose all sense of right and wrong.
Caught in a feverish trap of cool clouds of nutty filling and mysteriously dusky pie crust.
I don’t want this pie to sway my affections and cause further remorse.
Could you take it off my hands for me?
I can’t seem to give it up alone.
In grave danger of gaining 50 lbs,
All jokes aside, this chocolate peanut butter pie is SHOCKINGLY ADDICTIVE.
You really need to make it, but only when you have people coming over. Unless you have willpower like the strength of a steel trap, you WILL eat it all.
As in, I’m having a party just-because I need to make this peanut butter pie.
I won’t judge, I promise.
Consider yourself warned.
This pie is dangerously enticing!
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes (active time)
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
For the Chocolate Pie Crust:
- 1 cup all-purpose Gold Medal Flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 Tb. sugar
- 6 Tb. COLD butter, cut into cubes
- 4 Tb. COLD shortening, cut into cubes
- 3-4 Tb. cold booze (like brandy or bourbon)
For the Peanut Butter Pie Filling:
- 3 cups California heavy cream, whipped (6 cups whipped cream)
- 2 cups traditional creamy peanut butter
- 2 - 8 oz. packages California cream cheese
- 4 cups powdered sugar
For the Toppings:
- 1/4 cup California heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1 small chocolate bar for chocolate curls
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and lower the rack to the lowest position. Cut the butter and shortening into cubes and place in the freezer to chill while pulling out the other ingredients. Pour the booze over ice to chill.
- Place the flour, cocoa powder, salt and sugar in a food processor. Add the cold butter and shortening and pulse to break up the butter into small pea-size balls. Drain the booze and add one tablespoon at a time pulsing, in between, until the dough come together. Don't add too much liquid and don't over mix. Dump out on a piece of plastic wrap. Wrap well and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Once the dough has chilled, place a piece of parchment paper (or foil) on the counter. Flour the paper and place the dough in the center. Flour a rolling pin and roll the dough out into a 12 inch circle. Use the paper to flip the dough into a deep-dish pie pan, then remove the paper. Fit the crust down into the pie pan, don't stretch the dough. Fold the rough edges under and crimp the edges with your fingers. Then place the paper back inside the pie crust and fill with pie weights (or dried beans or rice.)
- Bake the pie crust for 17-20 minutes until set. Allow the crust to cool before removing the pie weights and paper. Cool completely before filling.
- For the filling: Using an electric mixer whip the heavy cream into firm peaks and set aside. Using a clean bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth then beat in the peanut butter. Scrape the bowl and slowly add the powdered sugar. Once the mixture is smooth, gently fold in the whipped cream until the texture is consistent.
- Scoop the pie filling into the cooled crust. Refrigerate immediately. For the Toppings: Microwave the heavy cream until scalding hot. Add the chocolate chips and allow them to sit in the hot cream for 2-3 minutes. Stir until smooth. Once the chocolate ganache cools a little, use a spoon to drizzle it over the top. Then sprinkle with peanuts. Use a veggie peeler to shave chocolate curls over the top. Chill until ready to serve.
More Chocolate Favorites
Chocolate Brownie Waffles – Edible Perspective
Marble Loaf Cake – Roxanna’s Home Baking
Chocolate Cream Pie Brownies – Handle the Heat
SUBSCRIBE below to receive new recipes by email + Our FREE eCookbook Top 25 Recipes!
52 Responses to “Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie”
Pingback: Friendsgiving | Alexis Terzian