Cherry Coconut Brownies + Giveaway
This easy brownie recipe with creamy coconut swirls, and topped with fresh ripe cherries, is something to experience. In fact, I kind of feel like a bad person, showing you a picture of them when you can’t reach out a grab one… Sorry.
A friend of mine talks about candy, with a chocolate cherry coconut combination, that someone brings her from Australia each year.
Anyone know what these candies are called or have tried them?
Cherry Ripe, I think…
Well, I can’t stand it when I hear about something amazing, but don’t have the means to experience it for myself. Therefore, every time she mentions these illusive bars (at least Illusive in the US) I can’t stop thinking about them for months on end.
My latest bout of Cherry Ripe Envy lead to the creation of these magnificently decedent brownies. So in a way, my manic obsession was a good thing.
Now I (we) can have Australian Cherry Ripe inspired treats whenever we want, mate.
This wickedly wonderful easy brownie recipe starts with a dark chocolate base, speckled with chocolate morsels for good measure.
Then a thick creamy coconut mixture is swirled over the top, followed by fresh pitted cherries.
As the brownies bake, the ripe juicy cherries settle into the brownies realeasing their juices into the batter. So that each bite is a fusion of dark, tart and creamy tropical flavors.
Heavenly. Devilish. I can’t decide…
Plus they look so dazzling in these Emile Henry Baking Dishes, it was a shame to take them out.
(I take that back. It was a shame when they were gone.)
Emile Henry Bakeware is something special. Made from Burgundian clay in France, it distributes and retains heat extremely evenly. And the hand-applied glaze won’t scratch, you can also cut right inside the dish.
The Urban Collection (like all Emile Henry products) is made of all natural materials and is backed by a ten-year warranty, so you know your going enjoy it for years to come!
My easy brownie recipe with cherries and coconut was a HUGE hit, and so are my Emile Henry baking dishes…
Yield: 25 brownies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Coconut Cherry Easy Brownie Recipe
For the easy brownie recipe:
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup All -Purpose Gold Medal Flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tb. instant coffee granules
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pitted cherries (25 cherries)
For the coconut swirl:
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter (or spray) a 9-10 inch square baking dish and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar together in a large bowl. Add the eggs, coffee granules, and salt. Scrape the bowl then slowly beat in the four and cocoa powder. Scrape the bowl again and mix in the chocolate chips with a spatula. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Using a clean bowl and beaters, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add in the sweetened condensed milk and beat until smooth. Then add in the egg and beat until smooth. Stir in the coconut until well combined.
- Pour (or scoop) the coconut mixture over the brownie batter, distributing evenly. Use a spatula or butter knife to swirl the coconut mixture through out the batter. Then place the cherries on top in 5 even rows of five. Don't push them in, but let them sit right at the surface. Bake the brownies for 45-60 minutes, until a tooth pick inserted intot he center comes out clean. Cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting.
I Wasn’t Kidding!
Emile Henry has generously donated 3 Square Urban Baking Dishes in Green Apple, Raspberry and Tangerine for our Giveaway Today! One lucky reader will receive all three to help with fall baking this season.
To enter, simply follow the prompts in this automated entry form. For US residents only.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Emile Henry. All opinions are my own.
Like what you see? SUBSCRIBE below to receive new recipes by email.