A zesty cheesy Nacho Hot Dog Recipe that packs a CRUNCH! These babies are loaded with intrigue and are quick to make. Big fun for summer parties!
The sounds you will make when you bite into my nacho hot dog recipe.
(Don’t worry, everyone else around you will be making the same noises.)
CRUNCH… MMMM, oh wow. *splurp-smack* (finger licking) Crunch, crunch, MMMM!
This is the naturally occurring clamor of two Saturday night favorites coming together.
Nachos + Dogs = Palate Euphoria.
Don’t resist it.
Remember “Bob” from the old movie What About Bob?
With this week’s “Dog Days of Summer” Nacho Hot Dog Recipe, Bob has got nothing on you.
Crunch, oh yeah, Mmmmmmmmmm.
Here’s the Breakdown:
- Crumbled Tortilla Chips (These could be your favorite seasoned tortilla chip)
- Loads of oozy melty cheese
- Crema Mexicana (or sour cream)
- Fresh cilantro
Simply load the dogs in the buns, cover them with crushed tortilla chips and California-made hispanic cheeses and bake them, just like you would bake a big tray of nachos. Then pile on the cool toppings and dinner is served!
Crunch, crunch, YES. Want. More. CRUNCH, mmmm!
Nacho Hot Dog Recipe
Yield: 8 hot dogs
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:5 minutes
- 8 hot dogs or polish sausages
- 8 hot dog buns
- 4 cups partially crumbled tortilla chips, any variety
- 2 1/2 cups shredded California-made mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup fresh salsa
- 1 cups fresh guacamole
- 1/2 cup California crema mexicana (or sour cream)
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the hot dogs in the buns and place them on a baking sheet. Pile 1/2 cup crumbled chips on top of each hot dog, followed by a heaping 1/4 cup of shredded cheese. Bake for 5-8 minutes, until the cheese is melty and the hot dogs are warmed through.
- Top each dog with salsa, guacamole, crema mexicana, and cilantro. Serve warm.
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
More “Dog Days” Hot Dog Recipes
Mardi Gras Pepper Dogs – The Kitchn
King’s Hawaiian Gourmet Dog – Tonya Staab
Cajun Dogs – Country Cleaver