Wake your family up to a piping-hot pile of homemade waffles! These Coconut Macadamia Nut Waffles will make you feel like you woke up in the tropics.
I’ve got Hawaiian on the brain. I must need a vacation…
Last Friday it was Hawaiian Ahi Tuna Burgers and this morning I’ve got Coconut Macadamia Nut Waffles.
Sigh, what can I say. I love Hawaiian inspired dishes.
Lina Dishes from Villeroy & Boch.
I first experienced coconut waffles in Maui about a year and a half ago. I was sitting in the shade of a coconut palm, at a little beach front diner. The salty ocean breeze caressed my face as I lazily sipped fresh squeezed POG and thought about making afternoon plans.
It was a perfect morning.
We had ordered a couple different dishes to share and when they showed up, the towering plate of coconut waffles was almost too much to bare.
Crisp on the outside, soft on the inside, and packed with fresh coconut.
These were the waffles of the gods. At least, the Hawaiian gods.
Today’s homemade waffles are inspired by the waffles I tasted in Hawaii. If you close you eyes, they almost make you feel like you’re in the islands.
Coconut macadamia Nut Waffles
Yield: 10 waffles
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:15 minutes
- 2 cups Gold Medal All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tb. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup club soda
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (could be coconut oil)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup roasted macadamia nuts, chopped
- Top with Whipped Cream, Maple Syrup, Coconut and Macadamia Nuts
- Preheat the waffle iron. Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk in the coconut milk, eggs, oil, vanilla and club soda. Then mix in the coocnut and nuts.
- Spray both sides of the waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. scoop the waffle batter into the waffle iron and close. Cook for 4-8 minutes per batch, depending on you waffle iron.
- Serve with whipped cream and syrup, then sprinkle with extra coconut and macadamia nuts.
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!