Indian Roasted Chickpeas + Giveaway
A bold and crunchy snack that is waistline-friendly. Roasted Chickpeas are my new best friend as we close in on summer vacation.
Swimsuit season is just weeks away… are you ready?
I am. Bahahahahahahaha!!
Ok, maybe not, but I’m getting there.
I have this habit of “chubbying up” from October 31st through February 14th, only to have to work it off all spring.
What can I say, I love holiday foods with a passion.
This time of year, I’m on the hunt for light, protein-packed snacks that can satisfy a salty junk food craving. Yet those are hard to come by.
I find using exotic spice blends in healthy snack options, makes them much more intriguing.
Take chickpeas, for instance.
Sure they’re healthy, but they aren’t so great straight out of the can (or boiling water.)
Find these dishes here.
However, spicy roasted chickpeas are an entirely different story.
Add a little curry powder and garam masala, then roast until crisp and you have just added serious wow-factor to plain-jane chickpeas.
Have you tried roasted chickpeas?
They’re like crunchy little Corn Nuts, but so much better for you.
You can pop them all through movie night without any guilt. They also make a great addition to lunch boxes, or to keep in the glove compartment for road trip snack-attacks.
Folks, roasted chickpeas are my new favorite snack.
This particular “Indian” blend of spices really makes the roasted chickpeas sing with ferocious flavor.
I used J.R. Watkins spices in this recipe and noticed a significant difference in zesty appeal. J.R Watkins might be best known for their baking extracts, natural remedies, and personal care items, like baby oil and hand cream.
But don’t forget about the incredible line of natural spices they’ve been providing for over 100 years. J.R. Watkins spices have a high concentration of essential oil, meaning the flavors are intense.
Intense spices are a good thing.
You can find all J.R. Watkins herbs, spices and seasoning blends here.
Now go roast some Indian-spiced chickpeas… and while they’re baking why not buy yourself a new swimsuit online!
Yield: 3 cups
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cans (3 cups) cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tb. olive oil
- 1 tsp. J.R. Watkins Curry Powder
- 1 tsp. J.R. Watkins Garam Masala
- 1/4 tsp. J.R. Watkins Garlic Powder
- 1/8 tsp. J.R. Watkins White Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Rinse the chickpeas and dry thoroughly with a paper towel. Then remove any loose skins.
- Pour the dried chickpeas out onto the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Shake the pan to coat the chickpeas in oil.
- Sprinkle the curry powder, garam masala, garlic powder, white pepper and salt over the chickpeas and then shake the pan again to evenly distribute the spices.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, then toss and mix the chickpeas and return to the oven for another 15 minutes. **If you want your chickpeas to be extra crunchy, turn the oven off and leave the chickpeas in the oven for another 15-20 minutes.
- Remove and cool before eating. Store in an air-tight container.
J.R. Watkins is offering a Spicy Giveaway today with 25 Herbs and Spices!
This Giveaway includes All Natural J.R.Watkins:
- Thyme Leaves
- Garlic Powder
- Ground Cloves
- Ground Mustard
- Chili Powder
- Crushed Rosemary
- Cayenne Red Pepper
- Onion Powder
- Ground Cinnamon
- Oregano Leaves
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Curry Powder
- Chinese 5 Spice Blend
- Garam Masala
- Ginger (ground)
- Herbs de Provence
- Italian Seasoning
- Turmeric (ground)
- White Pepper (ground)
- Crushed Red Pepper
- Cilantro Leaves
To enter, follow the prompts in this automated entry form. For US residents only.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by J.R. Watkins. All spice-loving opinions are my own.
Get a FREE GIFT when you SUBSCRIBE to receive new posts by email: