Peaches n’ Cream Cake
Slice into summer with this heavenly Peach Cake, dappled with fresh ripe peaches and drizzled with sweet cream glaze!
I was at my local grocery store a few days ago and guess what I found.
Fresh. Local. Peaches.
You know what that means? Summer is really truly here.
No more wishing for summer, and dreaming of peach cake and lavender lemonade. It’s actually time to make them!
There are very fews things in life that make me happier than fresh ripe peaches.
As a child, I would sit on our back porch on steamy summer afternoons, next to the big bushel of peaches my mom had brought home from the farmer’s market. With my brothers and sisters, I would ravishly devouring peach after peach, until mom finally told us we had had enough. Then we wiped the sticky-sweet juice off our chins and counted our pits. It was somewhat of a contest.
Once I counted 4 pits before mom caught us!
Every year I keep my fingers crossed that the weather will be suitable for a good crop of peaches. They are temperamental, you know.
When peaches are good, they are really good. Soft, juicy, and almost creamy, with a tangy-sweet essence that lingers on long after you eat them.
When peaches are bad, don’t even bother. The blight flavor and mealy texture are a huge disappointment. On such occasions, I throw in the towel and bake with frozen peaches.
Love this Villeroy & Boch Cake Plate!
Well, based on my first taste of the season, I think it’s going to be a good year for peaches. So today I’m paying homage to my beloved peach with a Peaches n’ Cream Cake.
This peach cake is something spectacular.
The cake itself is tender and sweet with the fresh creamy flavor of sour cream. It’s freckled with little morsels of sun-ripened peaches, then drizzled with a sweet cream glaze.
It’s not a fussy cake, but a relaxed, homey cake to slice and serve on sultry summer evenings.
It’s the kind of cake you take to a barbecue, or nibble on at a neighborhood picnic. I assure you, your neighbors will be asking for this peach cake recipe after they have a taste.
This ultra moist cream cake with tangy-sweet bits of peach, tastes of summer sunshine.
Yield: 12 slices
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 60-80 minutes
Peach Cake ~ Peaches n' Cream Cake
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 Tb. vanilla extract
- 1 lb. diced fresh (or frozen) peaches, with or without skins
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tb. heavy cream
- 1 Tb. orange or pineapple juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan (10-15 cup pan.)
- In a medium bowl, sift together 2 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, 3-5 minutes. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then add the sour cream and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Scrape the bowl, then slowly add the flour mixture to the wet mixture. Scrape the bowl again.
- Toss the peaches with the remaining ¼ cup of flour. Scoop a third of the the batter into the Bundt pan, then sprinkle a third of the peaches on top. Repeat two more times with the remaining batter and peaches.
- Place in the oven and reduce the temperature to 325 degrees F. Bake for 60-80 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool at least 20 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely. Once cooled whisk together the powdered sugar, heavy cream, and orange juice. Drizzle the glaze over the top of the cake.
More Summertime Cakes:
Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes ~ Grandbaby Cakes
White Chocolate Cheesecake with Mixed Berries ~ Bakers Royale
Kiwi Cake ~ TarlaDalal
Get a FREE GIFT when you SUBSCRIBE to receive new posts by email:
52 Responses to “Peaches n’ Cream Cake”
Pingback: Yummy Fruity Desserts