celebrate in simple style with:

Brilliant Bundt Cakes

buy now!

Kimchi Grilled Corn on the Cob

Grilled Corn on the Cob with Kimchi Butter: charred, spicy, sweet-n-sour flavors that make this grilled corn recipe shine on the picnic table.

Tangy Kimchi Grilled Corn on the Cob | ASpicyPerspective.com #grilling #summer #corn #grilledcorn

Grilled Corn on the Cob is one of my favorite summertime foods.

There’s something earthy and appealing about getting the family together to shuck corn. It reminds me of sitting on my grandma’s screened-in porch on sultry West Virginia evenings, snapping peas and shucking “carn” as she would call it.

Grandma had a way of making the chores she gave us seem like fun. We never minded working away as she told us stories of summers long ago.

Nowadays, I sit with my babies out on the deck on sultry Blue Ridge evenings and teach them to pull back the husks and snap the bottoms off, just so. They always save a pile of husks and silks to make corn husk dolls (ahem, action figures for Carson) and pick off a few sweet kernels to nibble on when they think I’m not looking.

Kimchi Butter Grilled Corn on the Cob | ASpicyPerspective.com #grilling #summer #corn #grilledcorn

Since we eat grilled corn on the cob all through the late spring and summer, we have many variations that make fresh sweet corn even more enticing.

Like this Kimchi Grilled Corn on the Cob, with Kimchi Butter made from pureed kimchi, melted butter, and honey.

If you happen to have homemade kimchi in the fridge, that’s great. But most often, I simply buy prepared kimchi from the refrigerated section at the grocery store. I place it in the food processor and puree until smooth. Then add honey, butter, and salt for a intriguing topping to brush over the corn.

Spicy Kimchi Grilled Corn on the Cob | ASpicyPerspective.com #grilling #summer #corn #grilledcornDishes from Villeroy & Boch.

The tangy kimchi butter chars a little, enhancing the flavor of both the kimchi itself and the sweet ears of corn.

You’ve got to try this!

Kimchi Grilled Corn on the Cob

Yield: 4-6 servings

Prep Time:5 minutes

Cook Time:10 minutes

• 4-6 ears fresh Florida Sweet Corn
  • 1 cup prepared kimchi
  • ¼ cup melted butter
  • 2 Tb. honey
  • Salt

1. Preheat the grill to high heat. Remove the cornhusks and corn silk, and lay the fresh Florida Sweet Corn on a rimmed baking dish.
  2. Place the kimchi in a food processor or high-powered blender. Pulse until the kimchi is finely chopped. Then add the melted butter, honey and salt to taste. Puree until smooth.
  3. Brush the kimchi mixture onto the ears of corn, coating completely. Then place the corn on the grill. Grill for 8-10 minutes, turning the corn every 2 minutes until all sides are slightly charred. Remove and serve warm.

Notes: If you don’t own a grill you can achieve similar results by cooking the corn in a large cast iron skillet over high heat. Make sure the skillet is piping hot before adding the corn.

Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!

Thankfully Florida’s Sunshine Sweet Corn is ripe and sweet in the spring, due to their early growth season, and is already in most grocery stores. We’ve been eating grilled corn on the cob for the last month.

Don’t miss out on this Pinterest Contest running until May 15th!

Sunshine Sweet Corn Pinterest Contest – Livin’ The Sweet Life

Pin any one of the delicious recipes YOU FIND HERE, using the hashtag #LivintheSweetLife and be automatically entered to win a deluxe entertaining package from Williams Sonoma, each specially designed to help you share the sweet flavor of Florida fresh corn with the ones you love.

Sunshine Sweet Corn Pinterest Contest - Pin & Win Contest Here: http://www.sunshinesweetcorn.com/home/livin-the-sweet-life-pinterest-contest/

Prize Packages Include:

Sweet Cinco De Mayo: Corn is essential to Mexican cuisine, making Cinco de Mayo the perfect holiday to celebrate the sweet fresh flavor of Sunshine Sweet Corn. This deluxe package from Williams-Sonoma includes a La Crusette Grill Pan, Margarita Pitcher and Glasses Set, Gourmet Margarita Mix and Salts, Molcajete, and copy of Mexican Everyday by Rick Bayless

Sweet Spring Brunch: Celebrate t fresh spring flavors, like the sweet taste of Sunshine Sweet corn, over brunch – whether you eat in the garden among the blooms or bring spring flowers indoors. This deluxe package from Williams-Sonoma includes a Calphalon Egg Poacher, Cake Stand, Glass Pitcher, Boerum 12-Cup French Press, and Brunch! Cookbook by Gale Gand

Sweet and Smoky: There’s really nothing better or simpler than grilled sweet corn. Warm Spring days were made for getting out and grilling and Sunshine Sweet Corn was made for grilling! This deluxe package from Williams-Sonoma includes a La Cruset grill pan, gourmet grilling spices, corn picks, luxury grill tools, and a Charred & Scruffed Cookbook by Adam Perry Lang.

Visit Florida’s Sunshine Sweet Corn Site and start pinning!

You May Also Like...

48 Responses to “Kimchi Grilled Corn on the Cob”

1. Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchenposted May 10, 2013 at 5:18 am

Sommer, this so easily will become our favorite grilled corn-on-the-cob recipe! So creative and with options for peeps who do not make their own Kimchi. Perfect recipe for spring and summer grilling! Pinning… xo

2. Belinda @zomppaposted May 10, 2013 at 5:28 am

Spicy corn on the cob? Loving this!!!

3. Tieghanposted May 10, 2013 at 6:05 am

I am so jealous!! Corn is no were to be found in my Colorado grocery store! Your killing me with these recipes!!
    This look SO good! I love the sweetness!

4. karenposted May 10, 2013 at 7:01 am

hmm being half Korean, Kimchi is something I always have in my refrigerator. Gonna try this one! Thanks

5. Robyn Stone | Add a Pinchposted May 10, 2013 at 7:13 am

What a yummy way to eat grilled corn – just in time for summer!!!

6. Julie @ Table for Twoposted May 10, 2013 at 7:22 am

I LOVE LOVE sweet corn especially when it’s grilled!! It just brings out the flavor even more and I’m going to admit, I love the charr taste hehe :)

7. Stephanie @ Girl Versus Doughposted May 10, 2013 at 7:24 am

This makes me SO excited for summer and grilling and munching on BBQ! Love the kimchi butter… so unique!

8. Kevin @ Closet Cookingposted May 10, 2013 at 7:25 am

Love the idea of kimchi ‘butter’ for corn on the cob!

9. Abby @ The Frosted Veganposted May 10, 2013 at 7:48 am

So, I could eat about 25 of these in a row, looks sooo good!

10. Jennifer @ Mother Thymeposted May 10, 2013 at 7:51 am

Grilled corn is the best! I love these flavors. Yes, I definitely need to try this soon.

11. Jenny Flakeposted May 10, 2013 at 8:00 am

Ooo, this corn sounds amazing! Love!!

12. Anita at Hungry Coupleposted May 10, 2013 at 9:06 am

We are all about grilled corn on the cob in summers. Sweet Long Island corn is amazing and we pick it up by the bushel at local farmer’s markets. I’m always looking for interesting new toppings for it.

13. Heather Christoposted May 10, 2013 at 9:38 am

yum! perfect summer dish!

14. amalliaposted May 10, 2013 at 10:15 am

Grilled corn is everyone’s favorite in Indonesia, especially in rainy season. delicious

15. Debbieposted May 10, 2013 at 10:24 am

Oh my…YUM! Kimchi is a staple in our home and I am so trying this! Thanks!

16. Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungryposted May 10, 2013 at 10:43 am

Grilled corn is a summertime favorite! And I can only imagine how good the kimchi is slathered on top of the sweet kernels.

17. Angieposted May 10, 2013 at 10:50 am

How interesting! Can’t wait to try!

18. Paula - bell'alimentoposted May 10, 2013 at 10:50 am

Absolutely love grilled corn.

19. Averie @ Averie Cooksposted May 10, 2013 at 12:02 pm

That is SUCH perfect looking corn! Makes me yearn for summer even more!

20. Shainaposted May 10, 2013 at 1:08 pm

I adore grilled corn, and the combination of corn and kimchi sounds so fresh. I can’t wait to try it.

21. Chrisposted May 10, 2013 at 1:10 pm

WOW! WOW!

Did I mention WOW ?

Have to get me some kimchi because I WILL be having this corn. Nicely done, Sommer.

22. Julia | JuliasAlbum.composted May 10, 2013 at 3:10 pm

I love kimchi flavor, and I can see how it will go beautifully with corn, especially grilled corn on the cob! What a great idea!

23. Brian @ A Thought For Foodposted May 10, 2013 at 3:27 pm

I love kimchi… i love grilled corn. So, why have I never thought to do this???? Magnificent!

24. Laura (Tutti Dolci)posted May 10, 2013 at 4:15 pm

Grilled corn is the only way I like it!

25. Kelly @ Life made Sweeterposted May 10, 2013 at 6:34 pm

Wow, loving this idea, so creative! We usually have homemade kimchi in the fridge and love grilled corn so will have to try this next time for sure! Thank you Sommer:)

26. Kiran @ KiranTarun.composted May 10, 2013 at 11:27 pm

Charry grilled corn and kimchi butter? Oh my yum!

27. Daniela @ FoodrecipesHQposted May 11, 2013 at 6:22 am

Never Kimchi, looks so dense and tasty… Sounds like a great match with grilled corn!

28. Miss @ Miss in the Kitchenposted May 11, 2013 at 8:40 am

You come up with the most amazing flavors!

29. Gabyposted May 11, 2013 at 9:03 am

So fascinated by this recipe!! Giving it a go for tomorrow bbq fiesta :)

30. Chrissy Jee | TheDumpling Mamaposted May 11, 2013 at 1:56 pm

I love Kimchi and corn! I would never have thought to use kimchi as a sauce for the grilled corn. This looks delicious! Thanks for sharing.

31. Cassie | Bake Your Dayposted May 11, 2013 at 4:11 pm

This just screams summer to me. Love it!

32. Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love.posted May 11, 2013 at 11:16 pm

I loveeee grilled corn too!! It totally is THE food of summer!

33. Marian (Sweetopia)posted May 12, 2013 at 1:47 pm

Looks SO good! Can’t wait to try!

34. Jeanetteposted May 12, 2013 at 3:47 pm

Now that sounds good Sommer – love kimchi and grilled corn!

35. Laurie {SimplyScratch}posted May 13, 2013 at 6:20 am

Grilled corn till its slightly charred is my fave… but the kimchi butter sounds fabulous Sommer!!

36. marlaposted May 13, 2013 at 8:19 am

Sommer, this is such a creative corn on the cobb recipe! Love the kimchi twist.

37. Cookbook Queenposted May 13, 2013 at 1:35 pm

From now on this is the only way I want my corn. Ever.

38. Tara @ Unsophisticookposted May 13, 2013 at 8:23 pm

We love grilled corn on the cob. This sounds amazing!

39. Nicole (MyLoveForCooking)posted May 13, 2013 at 8:39 pm

OH MY!!!! Incredible idea….Kimchi plus Corn….love it!

40. Nutmeg Nannyposted May 14, 2013 at 9:14 am

Oh wow, this looks delicious :) I LOVE corn on the cob!

41. katieposted May 14, 2013 at 12:27 pm

oh wow. this looks amazing! i love the twist on traditional corn!

42. Kiersten @ Oh My Veggiesposted May 14, 2013 at 6:19 pm

I LOVE THIS! Holy crap, I love this. I look forward to corn every summer and I’m always looking for new things to do with it!

43. Alice @ Hip Foodie Momposted May 29, 2013 at 11:28 pm

oh my goodness!!! I LOVE this. must try very soon!!! I’ve heard of the kimchi butter on steak but this is awesome! LOVE!

44. janelleposted June 2, 2013 at 11:28 am

my daughter will love this! she is a huge kimchi fan, her grandmother is from Korea and makes it every time she goes to visit. Thank you for this recipe!

45. Pingback: 30 Blogs Featuring Methods for Fixing Corn on the Cob this Summer « Au Pair Care

46. Pingback: Grilled Corn with Herbed Butter | Diethood