celebrate in simple style with:

Brilliant Bundt Cakes

buy now!

Triple Pork Fried Rice

Triple Pork Fried Rice Recipe on ASpicyPerspective.comThere’s pork fried rice…. and then there’s Triple Pork Fried Rice! I’m bringing you a pork fried rice recipe that will set the sows a squealin’.

The BEST Pork Fried Rice Recipe on ASpicyPerspective.com

Have I ever told you how much I love pork?

Of course I have.

My “About Me” Page used to read that I was a closet porkaholic. I decided that didn’t sound very nice, so I took it off. But certainly not because I feel any different.

Pork is by far my favorite source of protein. It’s so rich, juicy, flavorful, and there are so many options of piggy products. You’ve got:  bacon, pork belly, canadian bacon, pork chops, ham, pork roast, pork loin, rib roast, pork ribs, pepperoni, sausage, ground pork, pulled pork, pork shank, ham hocks…. I could go on.

Most of my favorite meals involve a little porky flavor, even if it’s just bacon grease. But today’s dish is about celebrating pork in all its glory, with a trinity of porky deliciousness.

Love this Triple Pork Fried Rice Recipe on ASpicyPerspective.com

A little over a year ago, Lt. Dan and I went to Hawaii for a wedding. (Note to Friends: I would prefer if all future weddings were held in tropical places.)

It had been a while since we had traveled without the kids, and we were able to rest and really enjoy each other’s company without the wee ones present.

One of our most memorable meals was at a little diner on Maui called the Kihei Cafe. They served triple pork fried rice for breakfast. An enormous pile of sizzling hot rice with bacon, ham and diced pork generously dabbled throughout.

Kihei Cafe’s pork-tastic rice dish left such an impression, I had to come home and create my own version.

How to Make Triple Pork Fried Rice Recipe on ASpicyPerspective.com

This simple Triple Pork Fried Rice is amplified by the addition of bacon and ham, on top of the traditional seared bits of pork chop. The rice is fried right in the bacon grease to enhance the pork essence. Scrambled eggs, garlic, ginger, onions, sweet peas and carrots help balance the porky overload.

Triple Pork Fried Rice is a new family favorite for breakfast, lunch or dinner. In fact, you may want it for all three!

Must-Try Triple Pork Fried Rice Recipe on ASpicyPerspective.com

COOK’S NOTES

Prep all the ingredients and lay them in order before you start; cooking fried rice is a fast process.

Make sure the wok or skillet is smoking hot before adding any ingredient.

The key to a really good fried rice recipe is to use cold rice. Leftover refrigerated rice is firm and a little dry. So it can withstand the stirring and tossing without getting mushy.

Triple Pork Fried Rice

• 1 cup frozen peas
  • 1 cup shredded carrot
  • 1-3 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic chile sauce or sriracha
  • 1 lime, cut into wedges
  • Oil if needed

1. Chop all the ingredients and lay them out so they are easy to grab once you start stir frying the rice. Whisk the eggs.
  2. Place a large wok or skillet over high heat. Once the skillet is piping-hot, add the bacon, and stir until just cooked through and crisp. Remove the bacon and place in a bowl. Add the diced pork to the wok. Stir and saute for 2-3 minutes, then add the ham and cook another 1-2 minutes. Remove and place all pork products in the bowl.
  3. Add the eggs to the wok and stir until scrambled and cooked through. Remove and place in the bowl.
  4. If the wok is dry add 1 tablespoon of oil. Then add the onions, carrots, ginger and garlic to the wok. Stir and fry for 1-2 minutes, then dump the rice on top of the veggies. Place the pork and eggs back in the wok and stir.
  5. Add soy sauce to taste and chile garlic sauce. Squeeze a couple lime wedges over the rice and mix in the peas. Then stir and cook just until the peas and rice are warmed through.
  6. Serve warm with a lime wedge.

Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!

You May Also Like...

67 Responses to “Triple Pork Fried Rice”

1. dessertfortwoposted April 1, 2013 at 6:07 am

Ohhhh this sounds perfect!

2. Brian @ A Thought For Foodposted April 1, 2013 at 6:45 am

I think I’d have to set aside my pescatarian ways to try a bite of this gorgeous fried rice.

3. Ali | Gimme Some Ovenposted April 1, 2013 at 7:05 am

This is brilliant, Sommer!!! I was seriously OBSESSED with pork fried rice growing up. Our family ate at a local Chinese restaurant every Saturday for lunch, and I ordered this for about 15 years. :)

The triple pork sounds fabulous!

4. Tieghanposted April 1, 2013 at 7:09 am

Love this! I mean how delicious is fried rice and you make quick, easy and healthier at home! score!

5. Kevin @ Closet Cookingposted April 1, 2013 at 7:24 am

Now that’s how you enjoy some pork!

6. Aimee @ Simple Bitesposted April 1, 2013 at 7:32 am

My kids scarf any kind of fried rice. I can’t wait to try your porky version!

• Sommer — April 1st, 2013 @ 2:21 pm

Aimee, secretly we ALL scarf down any type of fried rice, but this is my favorite.

7. Mariaposted April 1, 2013 at 7:36 am

Great dinner idea!

8. Jeanetteposted April 1, 2013 at 7:36 am

I love Hawaii – it’s one of my favorite places to vacation (wish we could go more often). Next time we’re on Maui, will have to check out Kihei cafe – that fried rice sounds so tempting! So glad you were able to recreate it at home.

9. Stephanie @ Girl Versus Doughposted April 1, 2013 at 7:47 am

I love everything about this fried rice. EVERYTHING.

10. Julie @ Table for Twoposted April 1, 2013 at 7:48 am

wow, I love the amount of pork in this dish! it’s definitely calling my name!! i love your bowls :)

11. Jo-Lynne {Musings of a Housewife}posted April 1, 2013 at 7:49 am

I am officially drooling. MUST. TRY. THIS!

12. Heather Christoposted April 1, 2013 at 8:07 am

This is my husbands favorite dish. I have to try this!!!

13. Jenny Flakeposted April 1, 2013 at 8:13 am

I’d take a bowl for breakfast! Delicious!

14. Cookbook Queenposted April 1, 2013 at 8:14 am

Closet Porkaholic is possibly the funniest thing I have ever heard in all my days.

This rice looks so fab!!!

15. katieposted April 1, 2013 at 8:56 am

woah! This recipe is pork-ilicious (is that a word… it is now)! Looks amazing!

16. marlaposted April 1, 2013 at 8:59 am

I love pork too ~ this fried rice would be LOVED by everyone in my family.

17. Liz @ The Lemon Bowlposted April 1, 2013 at 9:06 am

Officially drooling!!

18. Bethposted April 1, 2013 at 9:26 am

Yum! What a great sounding recipe. I also just came across your site through a post on Facebook – I love the name of it. Can’t wait to check out more of your recipes.

19. Heather | Farmgirl Gourmetposted April 1, 2013 at 9:26 am

Seriously….I think I can smell it from all the way across the US. I LOVE pork fried rice! Looks amazing Sommer.

20. Heather @ Heather's Dishposted April 1, 2013 at 9:45 am

I was just thinking that this reminds me of a place on Maui that we go when when we’re there and I always get their fried rice for breakfast. It’s only the best thing ever!

21. naomiposted April 1, 2013 at 9:59 am

Holy pork! Yes!

22. Gabyposted April 1, 2013 at 10:32 am

I mean does fried rice get any better than this! LOVE it

23. sippitysupposted April 1, 2013 at 10:50 am

I too came across something similar in Hawaii just a couple of weeks ago. I’ll admit I thought about making a version of my own but I didn’t know where to start. So I’ll start here. GREG

24. Jenposted April 1, 2013 at 11:07 am

Looks delish. Nice work!
    Have you looked into the symbolism of upright chopsticks in Chinese culture? They should always be placed on its side;upright chopsticks is a no-no. Just wanted to highlight.

• Sommer — April 1st, 2013 @ 2:18 pm

Thanks Jen… Shoot! I knew you weren’t suppose to cross them. Hopefully I don’t offend anyone.

25. Paula - bell'alimentoposted April 1, 2013 at 12:14 pm

I’m a total pork-aholic too ; )

26. Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungryposted April 1, 2013 at 12:27 pm

Yummy! I cant wait to make this for dinner and reap in the praises.

27. Abbyposted April 1, 2013 at 12:32 pm

Yum! This sounds so delicious! Can’t wait to give it a try!!

28. Toni | Boulder Locavoreposted April 1, 2013 at 12:37 pm

This dish is the Holy Trinity of Pork! Yum. Don’t you love eating stuff like this for breakfast? So much more satisfying.

29. Jen @ Savory Simpleposted April 1, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Straight into my recipe box!

30. Georgia @ The Comfort of Cookingposted April 1, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Such a great spring recipe, Sommer! This is my kinda rice!

31. Tammyposted April 1, 2013 at 1:30 pm

Great photos! Not sure if you know that in Chinese culture it’s actually not so good to place chopsticks in that ‘up’ position though? It’s considered as bad luck actually!

• Sommer — April 1st, 2013 @ 2:20 pm

Tammy, Oh dear! Unfortunately I just learned this today. Good thing this is Hawaiian Fried Rice, not Chinese. ;)

32. Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchenposted April 1, 2013 at 1:55 pm

Fabulous dinner idea, girlfriend! And, I thought The Big Lug and I were pork fiends by adding BOTH bacon and ham in our weekend morning scrambles…along with some bacon drippings for good measure! Pinning… xo

33. Angieposted April 1, 2013 at 2:11 pm

Yummy, fried rice is my favorite!

34. Marian (Sweetopia)posted April 1, 2013 at 2:46 pm

Does look perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner! Yum!

35. jennifurlaposted April 1, 2013 at 3:14 pm

looking at these pictures is torture~

36. Kristinposted April 1, 2013 at 3:25 pm

This would be right up the Moyers’ alley……can’t wait to try this! I laughed so hard about the closet pork…….too good!

37. Laura (Tutti Dolci)posted April 1, 2013 at 5:19 pm

This must be a pork lover’s dream!

38. Cassieposted April 1, 2013 at 5:23 pm

I love fried rice, Sommer! We have been eating it so much lately. Great one, here!

39. Belinda @zomppaposted April 1, 2013 at 7:18 pm

I think I drooled on myself. Thanks.

40. ashley - baker by natureposted April 1, 2013 at 7:28 pm

I’m a porkaholic too! No shame here! Love this rice.

41. Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabblesposted April 1, 2013 at 8:03 pm

Super delish, I’m loving all the pork in this!

42. Chung-Ah | Damn Deliciousposted April 1, 2013 at 11:02 pm

You had me at triple pork! I have a go to pancetta fried rice recipe but I definitely have to try this!

43. Miss @ Miss in the Kitchenposted April 2, 2013 at 6:18 am

I could totally go for this for a great breakfast! Also great tip about the cold rice, I had no idea.

44. Carolynposted April 2, 2013 at 6:55 am

I love pork in every capacity too, Sommer. Just went to a restaurant where I had pork bones and tails as a meal. Straight up, so good! I am with ya!

45. Gloria @ Simply Gloriaposted April 2, 2013 at 9:53 am

I actually have everything in the fridge! I’m thinking of making this for lunch today for all the HS boys (only 4) that come over everyday for lunch…yes, they’re very spoiled! Thank you for sharing!

• Sommer — April 2nd, 2013 @ 8:34 pm

Gloria, You’ll have to let me know how it turns out! :)

46. Tara @ Unsophisticookposted April 2, 2013 at 10:35 am

Fabulous way to use up leftover rice!

47. shelly (cookies and cups)posted April 2, 2013 at 4:03 pm

I could live on fried rice. I am quite certain of it.

48. Monetposted April 2, 2013 at 8:14 pm

I love pork…but Ryan is practically obsessed with it. And we both love fried rice. So I think we’ll need to make a batch of this as soon as we get back to Austin! Thank you so much for sharing, my friend!

49. Nutmeg Nannyposted April 2, 2013 at 8:20 pm

My husband and I love pork so much! This dish looks utterly amazing :)

50. Kiran @ KiranTarun.composted April 2, 2013 at 8:50 pm

Porky deliciousness!!

51. Brandon @ Kitchen Konfidenceposted April 3, 2013 at 6:35 pm

You really can never have too much pork!!

52. kitaposted April 4, 2013 at 7:27 am

hahaha, closet porkaholic. I see nothing wrong with that :D
    This fried rice would make my man one happy camper.

53. Sandy@ReluctantEntertainerposted April 4, 2013 at 7:49 am

I love pork, too. Didn’t you love the food while over in Hawaii? It’s so awesome! Great recipe, Sommer!

54. Diana @ Appetite for Chinaposted April 5, 2013 at 12:22 pm

Love your new take on pork fried rice. :) What a great one-dish meal!

55. Val @once a week cookingposted April 6, 2013 at 9:48 pm

Green onions, that’s the key that I messed up in my last try at fried rice. With bacon and sriracha sauce you can’t go wrong ;)

56. Chrisposted April 7, 2013 at 9:14 am

This sounds fantastic, Sommer, the only thing better than pork is three times as much pork, right? Love your styling, as always.

57. Russell van Kraayenburgposted April 8, 2013 at 3:29 pm

I think I may have commented on this already but I’m going to go ahead and comment again because IT HAS THREE PORKS! Love it!

58. Jonathanposted November 4, 2013 at 7:48 pm

I will definitely be making this, thank you for sharing your recipe, but the pictures of the chopsticks sticking out of the rice… eek!

59. Sarahposted February 26, 2014 at 7:50 pm

Hi! Loved your entry on triple pork fried rice, might give it a try this weekend :) Just a note though, it’s really inappropriate to place your chopsticks vertically into a bowl (at least in the Chinese culture, not sure about Japanese or Korean culture, but I don’t think it’s favored either) because it looks like a person putting in joss sticks into an urn (for praying to the dead or the gods). Here’s a picture of what I’m trying to say – http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/buddhist-prayer-sticks-1367526.jpg. So yeah, basically just try not to put chopsticks vertically into a bowl. Putting it horizontally on the bowl is good though :)

60. Sheriposted May 21, 2014 at 11:18 am

I absolutely love this dish, I crave it all the time, my husband and I discovered this place and dish our first trip to Maui, I cannot wait to make it! thank you!

61. Pingback: 15 Healthy Fried Rice Recipes | Daily Healthy Tips

62. Pingback: Easy Bacon Fried Rice Recipe | Bacon Lovers Fried Rice — Best Recipe Box

63. Aliceposted October 14, 2014 at 7:32 pm

I made this recipe for dinner tonight. It was amazingly delicious. You think that three versions of pork may be too much, but it isn’t. I added a little extra chili sauce for more heat along with salt and pepper. My family loved it. Made a ton and I can’t wait for leftovers!