Shrimp and Gnocchi Lettuce Wraps + Giveaway
Nothing says gnocchi like… lettuce wraps. Wait, what?! Ok, so a lettuce wrap recipe isn’t exactly what you think of when you plan to make gnocchi, but maybe we need to change that.
I’m having such fun playing mad scientist in my new kitchen; it makes me think of my oldest brother. Growing up, Kevin was the experimental cook in our family.
While the rest of us learned mom’s recipes to-a-tee, Kevin was whipping up his own creations. As siblings do, we always teased him for this.
His concoctions weren’t the prettiest dishes, so we often refused to try them, but at least he was adventurous. Now that I look back, I bet some of the things he made were pretty darn good.
Over the years I’ve learned that part of what makes cooking fun is taking ingredients that don’t normally go together and creating something new and exciting.
(Sorry it took me so long, Kevin.)
Find these dishes here.
I particularly love doing this with pasta. I mean really, what doesn’t go with pasta? It’s so easy to create delectable dishes with any variety of noodle.
Today I’ve got a lettuce wrap recipe that combines shrimp and Delallo gnocchi!
These perfect little pillows of carby goodness are a lovely surprise wrapped in a crisp lettuce leaf. I quickly sautéed the shrimp, then gave the gnocchi a little sear to provide texture.
Honestly, what could be better than little balls of potato dough, crispy on the outside, but soft and moist in the middle?
It’s almost like putting tiny Asian dumplings inside the lettuce wraps.
These crispy little potato dumplings are a beautiful pairing with the garlicky shrimp, smothered in spicy serrano mint sauce. It gives the lettuce wrap so much contrast.
Cool. Crisp. Herby. Spicy. Moist. Tender. Mmmmmm.
The addition of gnocchi in this lettuce wrap recipe makes it so much more than an appetizer. It’s dinner, or both.
Maybe even breakfast….
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Lettuce Wrap Recipe with Shrimp Gnocchi and Spicy Mint Sauce
For the Spicy Mint Sauce:
- 2 bunches of fresh mint, leaves removed
- 1 serrano chile, seeded
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 inch chunk fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 Tb. honey
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tb. fish sauce
For the Lettuce Wraps:
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, patted dry
- 1 lb. Delallo Potato Gnocchi
- 3 Tb. vegetable oil
- 1 Tb. sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 heads butter lettuce, leaves removed
- Cilantro Leaves for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the gnocchi according to the DeLallo package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place all the ingredients for the spicy mint sauce in the food processor (or small blender) and puree until smooth.
- Heat a large skillet to high heat. Add both oils. Once the oil is smoking, add the shrimp. Salt and Pepper to taste and add the garlic on top of the shrimp. Sautee for 2 minutes per side, or until pink, then remove from the skillet.
- Add the cooked gnocchi to the remaining oil in the skillet. Pan fry the gnocchi for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once the gnocchi are golden brown, but still soft, add the shrimp back to the skillet and toss.
- To serve, scoop some of the shrimp-gnocchi mixture onto a lettuce leaf. Drizzle the spicy mint sauce over the top, fold like a taco and enjoy!
Along with this fresh herby cozy-crisp lettuce wrap recipe, I’ve got a killer giveaway for you today!
Delallo Pasta is one of my favorite go-to ingredients because they make incredible Organic Pasta, and have whole wheat and gluten free pastas as well. I love adding Delallo pasta to a variety of global dishes. Yet Delallo is much more than a pasta company.
Did you know they make all sorts of authentic Italian foods? Sauces, pestos, olives, vinegars, infused oils, breadsticks… You could make a full-scale feast out of all the delicious items they provide.
Today Delallo Foods is offering one heck of a Sampler Basket Giveaway, worth over $200!
This DeLallo Sampler Basket Includes
- DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- DeLallo Golden Balsamic Vinegar
- DeLallo (Set of 4) Dipping Spices
- DeLallo Potato Gnocchi
- DeLallo Organic Whole-Wheat Orzo
- DeLallo Organic Whole-Wheat Orecchiette
- DeLallo Organic Whole-Wheat Spaghetti
- DeLallo Fusilli
- DeLallo Fusilli col Buco
- DeLallo Pomodoro Fresco Marinara Pasta Sauce
- DeLallo Pomodoro Fresco Tomato-Basil Pasta Sauce
- DeLallo Pomodoro Fresco Spicy Arrabbiata Pasta Sauce
- DeLallo Pomodoro Fresco Creamy Vodka Pasta Sauce
- DeLallo Pomodoro Fresco Roasted Garlic Pasta Sauce
- DeLallo Basil Pesto Sauce
- DeLallo Sun-Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil
- DeLallo Italian Grissini Torinese-Style Breadsticks
- DeLallo Italian Sesame Breadsticks
- DeLallo Modenacrem Balsamic Glaze
- DeLallo Hot Pepper Garlic Sauce
- DeLallo Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Anthropologie Cuisine Couture Apron
- Heirloomed Linen Napkin Set
To enter, follow the prompts in this automated entry form. For US residents only.
SUBSCRIBE below to receive new recipes by email + Our FREE eCookbook Top 25 Recipes!