celebrate in simple style with:

Brilliant Bundt Cakes

buy now!

Grilled Shrimp and Corn with Creamy Lime Vinaigrette

Grilled Shrimp and Corn with Creamy Lime Vinaigrette on ASpicyPerspective.com #dinner #healthyA bright and healthy spin on Shrimp and Grits, using grilled shrimp, grilled corn on the coband a light creamy lime vinaigrette.

Grilled Shrimp and Corn with Creamy Lime Vinaigrette  #corn #shrimp #healthyrecipe #lime

Corn on the cob comes with such happy associations.

Warm weather. Grilling. Buttery hands. Big toothy grins. Eating outdoors. Relaxing on the deck without a care in the world, if only for an evening.

Grilled Corn on the Cob #Corn "Pin & Win" on http://www.sunshinesweetcorn.com/home/livin-the-sweet-life-pinterest-contest/

I wait eagerly every year to get my hands on fresh sweet ears of corn in July and August.

Fortunately this year, my wait is over because our local grocery stores are already stocked with fresh Florida Sweet Corn.

Florida’s Sunshine Sweet Corn is at its peak right now!

It’s grown by family farmers in Palm Beach County, Florida. The tropical climate provides a harvest of fresh sweet corn a bit earlier than most places in the US. That means the corn you are seeing at the market right now isn’t tough and tasteless; it’s sweet and ready to eat.

Although we love chomping corn right off the cob, today I used my fresh ears of corn to make a playful and healthy version of shrimp and grits.

Grilled Shrimp and Corn with Creamy Lime Vinaigrette.

Grilled Shrimp and Grilled Corn on the Cob "Shrimp and Grits" "Pin & Win" on http://www.sunshinesweetcorn.com/home/livin-the-sweet-life-pinterest-contest/ corn #shrimp #healthyrecipe

Instead of loading dried grits with heavy cream and butter, I grilled corn on the cob, then cut it off the cob and topped it with juicy jumbo grilled shrimp and a zippy lime vinaigrette.

The lime vinaigrette is made with plain Greek yogurt, so it’s tangy and creamy, giving the grilled shrimp and corn a vibrant punch of flavor.

Grilled Shrimp and Grilled Corn on the Cob "Shrimp and Grits" with Creamy Lime Vinaigrette "Pin & Win" on http://www.sunshinesweetcorn.com/home/livin-the-sweet-life-pinterest-contest/ corn #shrimp #healthyrecipe

There is certainly a time and place for traditional shrimp and grits, yet this figure-friendly version, Grilled Shrimp and Corn with Creamy Lime Vinaigrette, makes getting in shape for swim suit season much easier.

Make sure to check your market for Florida’s Sunshine Sweet Corn.

Grilled Shrimp and Corn with Creamy Lime Vinaigrette

Yield: 4-6 servings

Prep Time:15 minutes

Cook Time:14 minutes

• 2 pounds raw jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 6 ears fresh Florida Sweet Corn
  • 1 ripe lime, juice and zest
  • ¼ cup olive oil, divided
  • 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • ¼ - ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
  • Salt and Pepper

1. Preheat the grill to high heat. Remove the cornhusks and corn silk, and place the fresh Florida Sweet Corn and the shrimp on a rimmed baking sheet.
  2. Whisk 2 tablespoons lime juice, 2 tablespoons oil, honey and yogurt together. Add the crushed red pepper, lime zest, salt and pepper to taste. Whisk again. Set the vinaigrette aside.
  3. Toss the shrimp with 1 tablespoon of olive and salt and pepper to taste. Then brush the corn with 1 tablespoon of oil and salt and pepper to taste.
  4. Grill the corn for 8-10 minutes, turning every 2 minutes until all sides are slightly charred. Grill the shrimp for approximately 4 minutes, 2 minutes per side.
  5. When the corn is cool enough to handle, Cut the corn off the cob. Serve the grilled corn warm, topped with shrimp and a drizzle of lime vinaigrette.

Notes: If you don’t own a grill you can achieve similar results by cooking the corn and shrimp in a large cast iron skillet over high heat. Make sure the skillet is piping hot before adding the corn or shrimp.

Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!

Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Florida Sweet Corn. All opinions are my own.

You May Also Like...

34 Responses to “Grilled Shrimp and Corn with Creamy Lime Vinaigrette”

1. katieposted April 26, 2013 at 6:02 am

Yum! This sounds amazing!!! Love me some grilled corn on the cob!

2. Tasha @Thatssoyummyposted April 26, 2013 at 6:27 am

This looks absolutely delicious and I know we would love it! Yummy!

3. Tieghanposted April 26, 2013 at 6:45 am

This look perfect!! I can not wait to get my hands on some corn. It has not hit Colorado yet, but hopefully soon!

4. Leah | So, How's It Taste?posted April 26, 2013 at 6:57 am

What a great idea to sub grilled corn for a twist on shrimp & grits. That vinaigrette sounds awesome & I love that it’s figure-friendly!

5. Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabblesposted April 26, 2013 at 7:13 am

Oh. My. Awesome! I love shrimp and corn together, especially when it’s grilled! See you in sunny FLORIDA very, very soon!!! :)

6. Erika @Southern Souffleposted April 26, 2013 at 8:26 am

Goodness that looks amazing.. Nice spin on shrimp and grits.

7. Diane {Created by Diane}posted April 26, 2013 at 9:03 am

looks fabulous, I love shrimp and on the grill, even better!

8. Heather @ Heather's Dishposted April 26, 2013 at 9:21 am

Great – now I won’t be able to stop thinking of this until I make it! Guess I know what’s for dinner tomorrow night ;)

9. claire @ the realistic nutritionistposted April 26, 2013 at 9:29 am

Corn on the cob = summer. So I’m digging this!

10. Juliaposted April 26, 2013 at 10:24 am

So summery!! I love grilling season!

11. Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungryposted April 26, 2013 at 11:35 am

Oh how i missed fresh sweet corn! This dish will be in constant rotation this summer, you can count on that.

12. Laura (Tutti Dolci)posted April 26, 2013 at 1:32 pm

I love grilled shrimp, this would make a fab Friday night dinner!

13. Jennifer @ Mother Thymeposted April 26, 2013 at 1:43 pm

This is my kind of meal! Love the lime vinaigrette! Have a great weekend! :)

14. Jeanetteposted April 26, 2013 at 1:51 pm

I can’t wait until corn is in season around this neck of the woods – this sounds do good Sommer – love that Lime Vinaigrette!

15. Georgia @ The Comfort of Cookingposted April 26, 2013 at 2:32 pm

Such a delish looking summer recipe! Definitely giving this a whirl sometime soon. Thanks, Sommer!

16. Coletteposted April 26, 2013 at 3:09 pm

We have dinner planned now!

17. Kevin @ Closet Cookingposted April 26, 2013 at 4:17 pm

What a nice light and tasty meal!

18. BusyWorkingMamaposted April 26, 2013 at 6:35 pm

The shrimp dish looks delicious.

19. Lokness @ The Missing Loknessposted April 26, 2013 at 7:10 pm

Oh… What a great summer dish! Sweet corn and shrimp sounds so delicious together.

20. marlaposted April 26, 2013 at 7:45 pm

Such a fun & vibrant dish!

21. Miss @ Miss in the Kitchenposted April 26, 2013 at 10:01 pm

This just looks so fantastic! I am so ready for summer and grilling season.

22. Kiran @ KiranTarun.composted April 26, 2013 at 11:42 pm

Can never go wrong with shrimp and corn! Oh corn :)

23. Chrisposted April 27, 2013 at 12:39 pm

“Instead of loading dried grits with heavy cream and butter” Not that there’s anything wrong with that ;) :)

Great recipe, Sommer, I can’t wait to try it once we get decent corn here. Our store is most definitely NOT stocking Florida sweet corn as it is starchy, bland, and dry…not to mention $5.99 for 5 ears!

24. Alison @ Ingredients, Inc.posted April 28, 2013 at 5:48 pm

On my list this week1

25. Kristenposted April 28, 2013 at 8:12 pm

Sweet corn season is my absolute favorite time of the year! Yum – love this recipe! Totally pinning for later.

26. Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love.posted April 28, 2013 at 10:30 pm

Every thing about this is just gorgeous! This is THE perfect summer meal!

27. Jeanetteposted April 29, 2013 at 8:31 am

I love how light this shrimp and grits dish is – I’ve had the real thing once and it was decadently delicious!

28. Aggieposted April 29, 2013 at 9:38 am

Oh I can’t wait to get my hands on some fresh corn, this screams summer goodness to me! Love it!

29. Nutmeg Nannyposted April 29, 2013 at 4:47 pm

Oh wow, I love this corn :) this looks amazing!

30. ashley - baker by natureposted April 30, 2013 at 8:50 pm

Grilled shrimp and corn are two of my favorite things EVER! Love this meal, Sommer!!!

31. Carolynposted May 1, 2013 at 4:30 am

Love that grilling season is here! Looks so yummy.

32. Ali | Gimme Some Ovenposted May 1, 2013 at 3:20 pm

Oooh, Sommer – grilled shrimp and corn is one of my all time favorite combos! Totally bookmarking this!!

33. Edithposted May 16, 2013 at 4:49 pm

It has 0 grams of total fat, 420 mg’s of sodium, 1 grams of total carbs and less than 1 gram of protein in it. I highly recommend the Crock-Pot Cook Carry Countdown Slow Cooker as a great slow cooker that any household would be grateful to have. cup of organic beef juice (grease-extracted), preferably left-over from cooking a roast or prime rib.

34. Pingback: Grilled Lemon and Thyme Shrimp and Veggie Skewers | Diethood