celebrate in simple style with:

Brilliant Bundt Cakes

buy now!

Fire Roasted Corn Dip

Hot Molten Fire Roasted Corn Dip on ASpicyPerspective.comHere’s a chunky, cheesy, creamy, smoky, corn dip that is slap-you-speechless good! If you’ve got guests coming over this week, this Fire Roasted Corn Dip is the party snack to serve.

HOT Fire Roasted Corn Dip | ASpicyPerspective.com #dip #party

There’s nothing quite like the combination of sweet grilled corn and gooey cheese.

Nothing, folks.

I’ve been making cheesy Fire Roasted Corn Dip for years and every single time I make it, close friends oooh and ahhh over it, as if they’ve never had it before. Even Lt. Dan will say, “Babe, you’ve got to make this again. It’s SO GOOD!”

This statement is always followed by a sigh, eye roll, and the response, “You do realize I’ve made this dip for you about one hundred times.”

He never believes me.

Cheesy Fire Roasted Corn Dip | ASpicyPerspective.com #dip #party

There’s just something special about this Fire Roasted Corn Dip. Every bite seems like the first.

I think I hear Foreigner playing in the distance…

Fresh Corn

My Fire Roasted Corn Dip starts with fresh sweet corn gently charred on the grill.

Making Cheesy Corn Dip

Followed by grilled onions, grilled red peppers, garlic, green onions and spicy chorizo.

Grilled Corn Pin & Win Contest Here: http://www.sunshinesweetcorn.com/home/livin-the-sweet-life-pinterest-contest/

All these goodies are added to a mixture of cream cheese and spicy habenaro cheddar for a little extra kick.

Making Corn Dip Pin & Win Contest Here: http://www.sunshinesweetcorn.com/home/livin-the-sweet-life-pinterest-contest/

Bake until molten and bubbly and you’ve got hot cheesy corn dip that will knock you right out of your chair.

Chunky Fire Roasted Corn Dip | ASpicyPerspective.com #dip #party #florida #corn Pin & Win Contest Here: http://www.sunshinesweetcorn.com/home/livin-the-sweet-life-pinterest-contest/

It’s all that, and a bag of chips. Preferably tortilla chips.

Gooey Fire Roasted Corn Dip | ASpicyPerspective.com #dip #party #florida #corn

Fire Roasted Corn Dip

Yield: 8-12 servings

• 3-4 ears fresh Florida Sweet Corn
  • 1 small onion, peeled and sliced into rings
  • 1 small red bell pepper
  • 1 cup cooked chorizo
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
  • ½ pound shredded spicy pepper cheese, like habanero cheddar or pepper-jack
  • ¼ cup chopped green onions

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degree F. Preheat the grill to high heat. Remove the cornhusks and corn silk, and place the fresh Florida Sweet Corn, onion slices and red bell pepper on the grill. Grill the corn and bell pepper for 8-10 minutes, turning every 2 minutes until all sides are slightly charred. Grill the onion slices for approximately 3 minutes per side.
  2. When the veggies are cool enough to handle, cut the corn off the cob. Then chop the onions and pepper, removing the pepper seeds.
  3. In an 8 X 8 inch baking dish or one-quart soufflé dish, mix all the ingredients together until well combined. Bake for 10-15 minutes until the edges are bubbly. Serve warm with tortilla chips.

Notes: If you don’t own a grill you can achieve similar results by searing the veggies in a large cast iron skillet over high heat. Make sure the skillet is piping hot before starting.

Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!

Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Florida Sweet Corn. All opinions are my own.

You May Also Like...

46 Responses to “Fire Roasted Corn Dip”

1. Tieghanposted April 15, 2013 at 6:35 am

This looks incredible! Wow, I love all the grilled veggies, such a fun dip!

2. Ali | Gimme Some Ovenposted April 15, 2013 at 6:46 am

Oh wow – this looks incredible, Sommer! A perfect summer app to serve to friends!!

3. zerrinposted April 15, 2013 at 6:54 am

This looks like an amazing dip to surprise friends coming over for a movie or game night! When I read the title, I thought corns would be pureed or something, but this one is a unique dip with roasted corns! Love all the roasted veggies! Combining them with cream cheese and cheddar makes it a heavenly dip!

4. Jessica@AKitchenAddictionposted April 15, 2013 at 7:03 am

This dip sounds incredible! Love the grilled corn!

5. Cassie | Bake Your Dayposted April 15, 2013 at 7:32 am

This could not be more up my alley. Love, love, love it, Sommer!

6. Helene Dsouza I Masala Herbposted April 15, 2013 at 7:48 am

Looks incredible Sommer! I am drooling here on the other side of the world.

7. marlaposted April 15, 2013 at 8:05 am

LOVE this dip ~ perfect for summer parties & BBQ’s!!

8. Shainaposted April 15, 2013 at 8:10 am

The corn looks so good on the grill. The perfect summer appetizer.

9. Erin @ The Spiffy Cookieposted April 15, 2013 at 8:12 am

I need to steal someone’s grill…

10. Angieposted April 15, 2013 at 8:17 am

This looks amazing!

11. Bev @ Bev Cooksposted April 15, 2013 at 8:24 am

My mouth just slid off my face in a river of drool.

12. Julia @ A Cedar Spoonposted April 15, 2013 at 9:00 am

This dip looks amazing! So mouthwatering. I love grilled corn so creating a dip is a wonderful idea.

13. Kevin @ Closet Cookingposted April 15, 2013 at 9:10 am

Hot cheesy corn dip is so good and I could dive right into that one!

14. Julie @ Table for Twoposted April 15, 2013 at 9:21 am

This dip looks SO GOOD, Sommer!! I’m a huge corn girl and this is the perfect dip for a cookout this summer!

15. Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungryposted April 15, 2013 at 9:45 am

This dip makes me wish I could bust out my grill already! Roasted corn is the best.

16. Jeanetteposted April 15, 2013 at 9:46 am

I love the idea of a hot corn dip – great for entertaining!

17. Heather | Farmgirl Gourmetposted April 15, 2013 at 10:06 am

Yum squared. I want that bowl in my face pronto!

18. Miss @ Miss in the Kitchenposted April 15, 2013 at 11:42 am

Oh my goodness, this looks so fabulous!

19. Lizposted April 15, 2013 at 12:55 pm

Oh, I love corn, especially roasted on the BBQ! To add cheese to this as well – perfect! Can’t wait to try! :)

20. Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungryposted April 15, 2013 at 1:15 pm

This dip is making me wish it was summer already!

21. Laura (Tutti Dolci)posted April 15, 2013 at 2:35 pm

This dip sounds so good, love the fire roasted corn!

22. Carolyn Mposted April 15, 2013 at 2:43 pm

This recipe is wonderful. Unfortunately, I am not buying any corn that is not guaranteed GMO free – and most is not, even in Florida.

23. Cookbook Queenposted April 15, 2013 at 3:00 pm

Men.

They have the memory of…something that doesn’t have a memory.

How he could forget this dip is beyond me. BEYONNNNNDDDD. YUM!!!

24. Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchenposted April 15, 2013 at 3:25 pm

Over the moon over your Fire Roasted Corn Dip, Sommer! Love that chorizo is in it, too, to make it especially tasty. The only thing that seems missing is some fresh cilantro, for this girl. And, I would serve your dip with Late July® Organic tortilla chips. (Available at Whole Foods Market.) If you have not tried them, you MUST! Addicting. Sea Salt Seashore, Sweet Potato, Summertime Blues (blue chips) and Mild Green Mojo (green chiles with cheese & lime) are our faves. They also have a Dude Ranch (ranch flavored). Each made with all-natural organic ingredients. Thanks for this great recipe for Cinco de Mayo and summertime entertaining. Pinning! xo

25. Kiersten @ Oh My Veggiesposted April 15, 2013 at 5:51 pm

Oh my gosh, I LOVE this, Sommer! I always get so excited when I can find fresh corn in the store again. :)

26. Gabyposted April 15, 2013 at 6:22 pm

ummm yes. I’ll take the entire pot please.

27. Heather Christoposted April 15, 2013 at 9:53 pm

I have to say, this sure does look good!!

28. Marlyposted April 16, 2013 at 7:20 am

This would be fun to take to a summer party. Can’t wait to add a vegan touch to it. Thanks for the inspiration!

29. BusyWorkingMamaposted April 16, 2013 at 10:28 am

YUM – I love using fresh corn. Great recipe.

PS – the kitchen is beautiful!!

30. Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabblesposted April 16, 2013 at 5:22 pm

Turn up the Foreigner and hand over the corn dip! YUM!!!

31. Alison @ Ingredients, Inc.posted April 16, 2013 at 7:59 pm

I want some now! My kids will love this

32. Nutmeg Nannyposted April 17, 2013 at 8:16 am

Oh my, this looks so tempting! I love corndip :) I have to try this recipe out soon!

33. Carla @ Gluten Free Recipe Boxposted April 17, 2013 at 12:49 pm

Wow! Creamy, chunky, and spicy, all in one. I love it! This sounds so perfect. Thanks for sharing.

By the way, I found you via Huffington Post’ article on Food Bloggers: the top 10 of February. Congrats!

Carla

34. Marian (Sweetopia)posted April 17, 2013 at 5:56 pm

Looks amazing, Sommer! Can I be one of your guests coming over for this? ;-)

• Sommer — April 17th, 2013 @ 7:24 pm

You know it!

35. Kiran @ KiranTarun.composted April 18, 2013 at 10:07 am

Yum! I love corn dip, especially a fire roasted corn dip with so many yummy ingredients :)

36. Pingback: Friday Favorites! Almost no time to pin. | A Tasty Life

37. Christine B.posted April 19, 2013 at 2:04 pm

This looks divine. Can’t wait for it to get warmer when I can enjoy this and all of the wonderful summer flavors!

38. Laura R.posted April 21, 2013 at 4:39 pm

I made this for my Book Club and it was Amazing! So easy to make, super cheesy and Yummy. Thank you for such a great recipe. :)

• Sommer — April 21st, 2013 @ 7:19 pm

Thanks for coming back to tell me Laura! So glad you liked it.

39. Jill Aposted April 25, 2013 at 6:55 pm

This looks amazing. One quick question – do you recommend using Spanish cured chorizo; sliced or a mexican chorize that you cooked and sliced?

• Sommer — April 25th, 2013 @ 7:03 pm

Hi Jill, I used the uncooked Mexican chorizo and browned it in a skillet, but you could definitely chop up the Spanish variety!

• Jill A — April 26th, 2013 @ 6:15 am

Thanks! I’m going to give it a try this weekend.

• Jill A — May 1st, 2013 @ 10:20 am

I’m eating it now. Super Delicious! I actually made it for my son’s teachers but kept a small ramiken for myself. I roasted a couple of jalapenos and chopped them up too. Thank you Sommer.

40. Pingback: In Season: Sweet Corn | THE KITCHENTHUSIAST