Salted Caramel Cashew Blondies
A heavenly blondies recipe kissed with cashews and little morsels of salted caramel. Just what you need to satisfy your “salted caramel” cravings.
Well I’m back in my kitchen and enjoying all the wonderful elements of the remodel. (Which I’ll share with you all next week!)
It’s so nice to cook and bake again.
You never really appreciate how much you love something until you’ve had to take a break from it for a while.
Being forced out of my kitchen for a fews weeks has caused me to really think through what it is I love about preparing food.
Cooking for me is not a chore or daily requirement for sustenance. It’s relaxing.
Cooking allows me to take my focus off daily drama and participate in something that effects all the senses in a powerful and healing way. To put my hands on wholesome ingredients birthed from the earth. To breath in the aromas of nature.
Cooking allows me to use my creative energy for the sake of others. To feed people I love and bring a smile, and a little comfort, to their day.
Cooking provides a lasting connection from where we’ve come from, and where we’re going.
Cooking inspires passion and personal connection, in a world of instant messages and emoticons.
Classic Dishes from Villeroy & Boch.
I love to cook. …And I love to BAKE!
The hint of tang, balances the intensity of the decedent caramel bits spotted throughout. Buttery cashews and a generous sprinkling of Celtic Sea Salt take my blondies recipe to the upper echelon of sugary bliss.
The aroma alone, will refresh your love for cooking. (And baking!)
This Salted Caramel Cashew Blondies Recipe is just the thing to share with friends this weekend. Share the love through blondies.
Yield: 16 blondies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Salted Caramel Cashew Blondies Recipe
- 1/2 cup plain California yogurt
- 3/4 cup melted butter, unsalted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 11 oz. bag of Kraft Caramel Bits
- 3/4 cup raw whole cashews
- Celtic Coarse Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9X9 inch baking dish with non-sticking cooking spray and line the bottom with a parchment paper square.
- Drain the yogurt and add to a large bowl. Mix in both sugars until smooth. Add the melted butter and mix in quickly. Then add the eggs, vanilla, salt, and baking powder. Mix to combine. Finally mix in the flour until smooth.
- Fold 2/3 of the caramel bits into the mixture. Then pour into the baking dish and smooth. Sprinkle the remaining caramel bits and the cashews over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 35-50 minutes. Check the center at 35 minites, with a tooth pick. If the center is puffed high and the toothpick comes out clean, remove from the oven. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt immediately, so the salt will stick!
- Cool in the baking dish. Once cool, gently turn the whole sheet of blondies out of the dish to make them easier to cut.
More Blondies and Brownies
Caramel Pretzel Blondies ~ Averie Cooks
Like what you see? SUBSCRIBE below to receive new recipes by email.