Easter S’mores Cookie Pops + Giveaway
These fun Easter Cookies will give Mr. Bunny a run for his money. Tender graham cracker cookies topped with chocolate and marshmallow Peeps make these S’more Cookies completely irresistible!
Beautiful Spring Dishes from Villeroy & Boch.
Can you feel it? Spring is just around the corner.
I went for a walk yesterday and could smell the light grassy aroma of daffodil shoots on the passing breeze. That scent always reminds me of spring, and fresh beginnings.
I love a fresh start, don’t you?
Scrapping trials and mistakes from the past, be they lazy baking habits or personal vices. Waking up on a crisp spring morning with eyes-wide-open to new potential.
That’s what Easter is all about. Celebrating the miracle of new life and endless possibilities.
We like to take time to do a little soul-searching on Easter as we celebrate faith, family, and friends. Then of course we make cutsy treats to share with our loved ones.
I mean, what’s Easter without soul-searching and marshmallow Peeps?
These simple Easter cookies are a great little treat to pass around to friends. They are festive, easy enough to make with the kids, are served on a stick, and taste just like S’MORES.
The s’mores cookies are made with “graham cracker” cookie dough. They aren’t as crisp as real graham crackers, but are sturdy enough to hold to a stick.
We then topped the s’mores cookies with melted chocolate, marshmallow Peeps, and pastel sprinkles.
What’s not to love?
I’ve got two mommy tips for you on this one, to ensure a peaceful baking experience and clean Sunday dresses:
1. If the kids are helping: Make the dough ahead and chill it. That way, the kids can start with your pre-made dough and help roll, cut, bake and decorate without the extra waiting around.
2. If you plan to serve these Easter cookies at a picnic where they will be in the direct sunlight, insert the lollipop sticks into the dough before baking, for a little extra support. Otherwise, attaching the stick with melted chocolate will suffice!
Yield: 24 cookie pops
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Easter Cookies "S'mores Cookies"
For the Graham Cracker Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened (1/4 cup)
- 2 Tb. honey
- 1 Tb. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 Tb. milk
- 1/2 tsp. molasses
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
For the Cookie Pops
- 12 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 Tb. butter
- 24 marshmallow Peeps (+ colored sugar to match Peeps *optional)
- Easter sprinkles
- 24 lollipop sticks
- Using an electric mixer, cream the brown sugar and butter together until fluffy. Add the remaining cookie ingredients and beat until well combined. Wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F and line several cookie sheets with parchment paper. On a floured work surface, roll out the dough until it's 1/8 inch thick. Use a round 2 1/2 - 3 inch cookie cutter to cut out the cookies. Place them on the prepared cookie sheets, 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake for 13-16 minutes until golden around the edges, yet soft in the center. Remove from the oven and cool completely on the cookie sheets.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together. Either do this over a double-boiler on low heat, or place in a microwave-safe bowl and nuke in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until it's just barely melted. Continue to stir until all the chunks melt away.
- Cut the Peeps apart. If you have it, dip the exposed portion of the peeps in colored decorating sugar.
- Spread the melted chocolate on top of each cookie. Place a lollipop stick on each cookie and turn in the chocolate to coat the tip. Gently press a Peep over the top of the stick. Sprinkle the chocolate with Easter sprinkles. Set aside until the chocolate hardens. (If you're in a hurry, place the cookie sheets in the fridge for 5 minutes to harden the chocolate.)
The chocolate will harden to hold the s'mores cookie pops together. If you plan to have these in the direct sun, where the chocolate might melt. Gently insert a lollipop stick into each unbaked cookie before baking.
Not one, but TWO special treats today!
I’ve got a fun Giveaway for you complements of Harry and David.
This plush Easter Bunny Cookie Jar is loaded with Easter Goodies and Fresh Pears. It would make the perfect gift to send to a friend… or keep it for yourself. Just think, once you’ve polished off all the goodies, you can store your S’mores Cookie Pops in it!
Make sure to check out all the fun spring gift ideas Harry and David has to offer!
Follow the prompts in this automated entry form and leave me a comment below.
Share This Post
Don't miss a thing! Subscribe now to receive posts by email.
163 Responses to “Easter S’mores Cookie Pops + Giveaway”
Pingback: Easter Treats Recipe Roundup
Pingback: Range Kleen Blog » Desserts on a Stick!