Fluffy Banana Cream Pie
This fluffy banana cream pie recipe is piled high with fresh ripe bananas and creamy vanilla filling, then topped with pillowy whipped cream and toasted coconut. If you’re a sucker for classic cream pies, this needs to be on your Easter table!
When I think of Easter brunch, I think of a table decorated with spring flowers and Easter eggs, lined with hearty salads, rolls, glazed ham, and desserts galore.
Dishes that aren’t necessarily fancy, but are inviting and abundant.
Dishes your grandmas might make.
Most classic brunch buffet items are make-aheads.
Grandma knew she’d be too busy Easter morning, going to church in her Easter bonnet and hiding eggs in the tall grass, to do a lot of cooking. So she planned several days in advance with pasta salads and casseroles.
And she made desserts that could sit in the fridge for a few days and were all the better for it.
Like a Banana Cream Pie Recipe, for instance.
Banana Cream Pie might be the easiest of all the cream pie varieties and it’s so amazing.
Crumbly graham cracker crust loaded with fresh banana chunks, creamy filling, a mountain of whipped cream and more bananas.
And toasted coconut on top, just because.
Today’s banana cream pie recipe is super fluffy. The light-as-a-cloud filling is a blend of cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla pudding, then folded with fresh whipped cream.
The fluffy texture holds the pie components together, slices exceptionally well, and provides a nice contrast to the dense banana chunks and crust.
Plus it’s sweetened with rich silky sweetened condensed milk, so you know it’s got to be good!
I made the graham cracker crust from scratch. Although you could always buy a pre-made crust, homemade graham crackers crusts are thicker and slightly more crumbly, giving the banana cream pie recipe even more nostalgic appeal.
This classic banana cream pie recipe is my favorite dessert for Easter brunch.
You’ve got to try it!
Yield: 1 pie
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Banana Cream Pie Recipe
For the Graham Cracker Crust
- 14 whole graham crackers, about 7 ounces
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoons water
For the Pie Filling
- 2 cup heavy cream, whipped and divided
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 - 3.4 ounce box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup cold California milk
- 8 ounce California cream cheese
- 14 ounce sweetened condensed milk
- 4-5 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place the graham crackers in the food processor. Pulse until the crackers are chopped to fine crumbs. Add the melted butter, sugar, salt and cinnamon, pulse to combine. Add 1 tablespoon of water and pulse a couple more times. If the crumbs are moist and pinch together well, dump into a pie pan. If not, repeat with another tablespoon of water and proceed.
- Press the graham cracker mixture firmly against the bottom and sides of the pie pan. Then bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool completely.
- Using an electric mixer, whip the heavy cream with the 3 tablespoons of sugar and vanilla. Scoop into a separate bowl and set aside. Then mix the instant pudding and milk in another bowl, until well combined. Set aside.
- Using the mixer, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Then with the mixer still running, add the sweetened condensed milk and pudding. Scrape the bowl and beat until smooth. Using a spatula, fold in half the whipped cream.
- Now spread a thin layer of the filling over the bottom and sides of the cooled pie crust. Cut 3-4 bananas into chunks. Press the chunks to the bottom and sides of the pie crust. Then scoop the remaining filling into the pan crust. Smooth the filling, top with the remaining whipped cream, cover gently with plastic wrap, and chill for at least one hour.
- When you are ready to serve the pie, decorate the top with more fresh cut banana chunks and toasted coconut.
Is this your first time visiting A Spicy Perspective?
Stay a while, poke around, and find more great recipes such as:
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE to get weekly updates of New Recipes!
SUBSCRIBE below to receive new recipes by email + Our FREE eCookbook Top 25 Recipes!
120 Responses to “Fluffy Banana Cream Pie”
Pingback: Serving an Assortment of Easter Desserts and Coconut-Key Lime Pie Recipe | reluctantentertainer.com Reluctant Entertainer I Sandy Coughlin - Lifestyle, Entertaining, Food, Recipes, Hospitality and Gardening
Pingback: This fluffy banana cream pie recipe is piled high with fresh ripe bananas and creamy vanilla filling, then topped with pillowy whipped cream and toasted coconut. If you’re a sucker for classic cream pies, this needs to be on your Easter table! | Dre
Pingback: 15 Banana Dessert Recipes
Pingback: The 12 pies of Thanksgiving | GCmag.org
Pingback: banana cream. | loveliness.
Pingback: Chocolate Cream Pie
Pingback: Miss American Pie | blah blah birds
Pingback: Banana Cream Pie Recipe | OptimaFood
Pingback: バナナ・カスタードクリームパイ | Recipes From America