Oatmeal Cinnamon Butterscotch Cookies
Soft Chewy Oatmeal Cookies with a twist! These cinnamon cookies, made with layers of oats, cinnamon chips and butterscotch chips are a perfect treat on their own, or with ice cream.
Soft oatmeal cookies have a special place in my heart.
As a little girl, I always looked forward to my mom’s chewy oatmeal cookies speckled with juicy raisins.
She made the best cookies.
Other kids on our block swooned over her cookies and were just as excited as I was, when she baked them.
In fact, my mom was (is) so inspiring in the cookie department, it has secretly been a goal of mine to be the mom who makes the best cookies in the whole neighborhood… town… world.
Have you noticed that there is not a classic chocolate chip cookie recipe on ASP?
I have a chocolate chip cookie recipe I’ve been tweaking for 13 years, and I keep my cookie notes under lock-and-key. It’s taken a long time to get the recipe just the way I want, and I feverishly hoard it like a bee to its honey comb.
If I give out my secret chocolate chip cookie recipe, then that levels the playing field in the neighborhood.
See why I have to keep it to myself? *wink*
One day I’ll release my magic cookies to the world. But for today, please accept these Chewy Oatmeal Cookies with Cinnamon and Butterscotch Chips, as a tasty alternative.
They aren’t THE cookies, but they are pretty spectacular.
There’s something about soft thin oatmeal cookies, with crispy edges and a chewy center that makes my heart melt.
These chewy oatmeal cookies loaded with ample cinnamon chips and a handful of butterscotch chips, are to die for.
Awesome Modern Dishes from Villeroy & Boch.
The addition of a few butterscotch chips sprinkled about, gives them a slightly boozy quality that offsets the rustic flavors of oats and cinnamon.
I could eat these all day long.
Let me rephrase, I did eat these all day long.
Yield: 3 dozen
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Chewy Oatmeal Cookies with Cinnamon and Butterscotch Chips
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1 cup cinnamon chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line several cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer and a separate bowl, cream the butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy, 3-5 minutes. *Don't cut the time short here.
- Add the vanilla and eggs to the butter mixture and beat to combine. Then slowly add the flour mixture until just combined.
- Scrape the bowl and beat on low, adding the oats and baking chips.
- Using a tablespoon, drop the cookie dough in 1 1/2 tablespoon portions onto the cookie sheets. Make sure they are spaced 2-3 inches apart for spreading.
- Bake the cookies for 10-11 minutes, until the edges are golden, but the centers still seem soft. Cool completely on the baking sheets before moving.
Corn Cookies ~ Savory Simple
Coconut White Chocolate Cookies ~ Averie Cooks
Pink Grapefruit Sandwich Cookies ~ Brown Eyed Baker
Like what you see? SUBSCRIBE below to receive new recipes by email.
73 Responses to “Oatmeal Cinnamon Butterscotch Cookies”
Pingback: Easy Oat Cookies picklebums.com