Buffalo Chicken Bites

Looking for quick and tasty Super Bowl Snacks? Look no further. These itty bitty Buffalo Chicken Bites are just the thing to serve at your game-day party!

Buffalo Chicken Bites | A Spicy Perspective #superbowl #gameday #partysnacks

Pin It

A hoard of feverish football fans are heading to your house is a little over a week. Do you feel calm and collected?

If not, that’s okay. Most people get a bit frazzled at the thought of preparing food for a large group.

Bacon

My game plan is to make a few show-stopping super bowl snacks, then fill in with easy store-bought items like chips and salsa or veggies and dip.

That way, the dishes I make really stand out, but I’m not preparing days in advance.

Celery

I always try to provide super bowl snacks that are loaded with comforting flavors, yet presented in a unique way.

Buffalo Chicken

Like these little Buffalo Chicken Bites.

You can’t very well have a Super Bowl Party without buffalo chicken, but you can steer clear of sticky wings and red fingerprints on the sofa.

Making Buffalo Chicken Bites | A Spicy Perspective #superbowl #gameday #partysnacks

Buffalo Chicken Bites wrap up all the goodness of buffalo wings, in neat little packages to keep your fingers clean.

I whipped up an easy creamy buffalo chicken filling with hot wing sauce, celery, onions, and cream cheese. Then scooped it into Athens Mini Fillo Shells.

How to Make Buffalo Chicken Bites | A Spicy Perspective #superbowl #gameday #partysnacks

Before serving, I simply sprinkled crumbled blue cheese, bacon, and chopped celery leaves over the top. Voila!

I love using Athens Mini Fillo Shells for super bowl snacks like this. They are pre-baked, so you can serve them straight out of the package, but you can also pop them in the oven for bubbly-hot appetizers and desserts.

Super Bowl Snacks: Buffalo Chicken Bites | A Spicy Perspective #superbowl #gameday #partysnacks

Just think of all the amazing little snacks YOU could make with Athens Mini Fillo Shells!

Check out this fun Athens Recipe Contest:  Enter your phyllo-inspired recipe for a chance to win great prizes!

Easy Buffalo Chicken Bites | A Spicy Perspective #superbowl #gameday #partysnacks

Yield: 30

Buffalo Chicken Bites

• 3 strips bacon
  • 1/2 cup celery, diced
  • 1/2 cup onion, diced
  • 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
  • 4 oz. cream cheese
  • 1/4 cup hot wing sauce
  • 2 boxes Athens Mini Fillo Shells
  • 1 oz. crumbled blue cheese
  • chopped celery leaves for garnish

1. Heat a skillet to medium-high. Add the bacon and brown for 5-7 minutes. Remove the bacon and crumble when cool.
  2. Add the celery and onion to the bacon grease. Saute for 2-3 minutes to soften, then add the cream cheese. Allow the cream cheese to melt a little, then mix in the chicken and hot wing sauce. Mix well.
  3. Spoon the warm chicken mixture into the phyllo shells. Then sprinkle the tops with crumbled blue cheese, bacon, and celery leaves. Serve warm or at room temperature.

More Super Bowl Snack Ideas:

Sweet and Spicy Beef Nachos

Creamy Caramelized Onion Dip

Bagna Cauda with Sun-Dried Tomatoes ~ A Farmgirl’s Dabbles

Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms ~ Lauren’s Latest

Vegan Jalapeno Poppers ~ Namely Marly

Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Athens Foods. All opinions are my own.

59 Responses to “Buffalo Chicken Bites”

Aimee @ ShugarySweets — January 25, 2013 @ 6:56 am

I love bite sized snacks. These are awesome Sommer!

Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen — January 25, 2013 @ 7:25 am

Sommer, your Buffalo Chicken Bites look out-of-this-world tasty! Plus, being adorable yet man-friendly sets these appetizers in their own class. You, m’lday ROCK! Cannot wait to share with you my “Buffalo Chicken” spin in my next recipe. WOOT! xoxo

shelly (cookies and cups) — January 25, 2013 @ 7:45 am

I love these!! The perfect way to eat Buffalo Chicken!

Brian @ A Thought For Food — January 25, 2013 @ 7:52 am

I can only imagine how quickly these babies will go at a super bowl party. They look divine!

Belinda @zomppa — January 25, 2013 @ 7:55 am

Fantastic! Almost too elegant for the way I’d just pop ‘em in!

Jeanette — January 25, 2013 @ 7:57 am

I love the idea of little buffalo chicken bites in a crisp shell! Super Bowl is all about the snacks so these would be perfect.

Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch — January 25, 2013 @ 8:03 am

Such great snacks! Love these!

Kevin @ Closet Cooking — January 25, 2013 @ 8:17 am

Thee would be great for a super bowl party!

Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles — January 25, 2013 @ 8:49 am

I’ll take a dozen, please! I wouldn’t need any other game day food but these, YUM! Have a great weekend, Sommer, and thanks for the link!

Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. — January 25, 2013 @ 8:51 am

all the men I know will love these! Women too!

Aimee @ Simple Bites — January 25, 2013 @ 8:51 am

Delish!! I love small bites and yours really pack a punch of flavor.

Bev @ Bev Cooks — January 25, 2013 @ 8:54 am

I’m kind of dying right now.

Gaby — January 25, 2013 @ 9:17 am

How freaking cute are these!!! Love mini bite sized things!

Heather @ Heather's Dish — January 25, 2013 @ 9:28 am

I don’t even need a a game to want to make these – they are too stinking cute!

marla — January 25, 2013 @ 10:07 am

These bites look great!! Perfect for game day :)

naomi — January 25, 2013 @ 10:13 am

I love those Athens cups, they make everything so much faster and love the filling!

Marian (Sweetopia) — January 25, 2013 @ 10:17 am

These look amazing, Sommer! Thanks for the idea!

Julie @ Table for Two — January 25, 2013 @ 11:36 am

I LOVE anything buffalo!!! This really is the perfect football snack! It’s easy to grab, eat, and most importantly, you can still enjoy the game while eating it! haha

a farmer in the dell — January 25, 2013 @ 11:45 am

I love a good bite size snack. Anything with buffalo sauce is a major win for me!

Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen — January 25, 2013 @ 11:53 am

I couldn’t stop at just one!

Tara @ Unsophisticook — January 25, 2013 @ 12:12 pm

LOVE these mini fillo shells — so cute!

claire @ the realistic nutritionist — January 25, 2013 @ 12:48 pm

Fillo shells really are just so darn cute. Love these bites!

Chris — January 25, 2013 @ 1:24 pm

Those premade shells are a great time saver! And the flavor of buffalo chicken in one bite? THAT is a thing of beauty. Great photos too, Sommer!

Laura (Tutti Dolci) — January 25, 2013 @ 1:28 pm

These are the cutest little bites, Sommer! :)

Jennifer @ Mother Thyme — January 25, 2013 @ 1:53 pm

You had me at Buffalo. These look incredible! A great addition to a Super Bowl party for sure!

Toni | Boulder Locavore — January 25, 2013 @ 2:00 pm

I’m mad for anything ‘buffalo chicken’. These are a perfect bit, so cute and I’m sure delicious. Great creation Sommer! Just included a link to you for a gluten free game day recipe round up! After our live chat this week I was left hungry for football food!

Julia @ A Cedar Spoon — January 25, 2013 @ 2:39 pm

I love that these are bite size! I think food is so much better this way so you have an excuse to eat more, and try more!

Cassie — January 25, 2013 @ 2:47 pm

You know I adore these! Perfect for Super Bowl too!

Danielle — January 25, 2013 @ 3:18 pm

This is seriously the perfect bite! I’m going to have to try these (sans the bleu cheese) for our super bowl party.

Melissa B — January 25, 2013 @ 4:03 pm

These look so cute! I love finger food like this!
    Thanks!

Brandon @ Kitchen Konfidence — January 25, 2013 @ 6:28 pm

When I saw the title in my feed reader, I was expecting something totally different. After clicking through, I was pleasantly surprised :) These look SO good. Love the addition of celery leaves on top.

Jenny Flake — January 25, 2013 @ 7:55 pm

Bite size and perfect! I’d like the whole plate to myself :) Great party food.

Amy Tong — January 25, 2013 @ 8:11 pm

These are absolutely delightful! What a flavorful creation. Although I’m not a fan of the Super Bowl, I’m still going to make these just to indulge a little! I’ll “pretend” to be watching the game while I eat these cuties! :P Have a good weekend!

jen — January 25, 2013 @ 8:21 pm

I love those little phyllo cups – I always keep some in my freezer because there are a million things you can do with them, and they are perfect for quick and easy last minute entertaining.

Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen — January 25, 2013 @ 11:04 pm

These would be a bit hit with the boys for sure. I love those little phyllo cups they are just right for tasty bites!

Shawn @ I Wash...You Dry — January 26, 2013 @ 7:19 pm

Love those little phyllo cups! These are a great alternative to the messy wing. Great flavor combination. I need to try these!

Erika @ The Hopeless Housewife — January 26, 2013 @ 7:54 pm

Just love those little phyllo cups and filled with buffalo chicken and bacon sounds wonderful!

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — January 27, 2013 @ 12:57 am

These are adorable and they look so tasty!

Allie {Urban Feast} — January 27, 2013 @ 5:39 am

These are so cute! Can’t wait to impress with these at my Superbowl party!

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — January 28, 2013 @ 1:34 am

I’m not much of a football fan but I’d gladly make this any day of the week!

Carolyn — January 28, 2013 @ 6:49 am

I love the super bowl…mostly for the food! Yum!

Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies — January 28, 2013 @ 8:56 am

What a great idea! I’m all about little bites like this. :)

Paula - bell'alimento — January 28, 2013 @ 1:20 pm

I’m making buffalo chicken pizza as we speak. Love these baby bites!

Loretta | A Finn In The Kitchen — January 28, 2013 @ 3:11 pm

I’ll take one if there’s any left!

Christy @ My Invisible Crown — January 28, 2013 @ 4:46 pm

These little pastry cups are so so good! I can’t resist them with just about anything inside but I love buffalo, too so these look perfect! And just in time for Super Bowl. Great idea.

Yasmeen @ Wandering Spice — January 29, 2013 @ 5:09 am

Fantastic! We’ll be watching the Superbowl here in Australia, and as my Aussie husband loves a bit of Americana, this sounds like just the snack he would really love while watching the game.

Angie — January 29, 2013 @ 11:59 am

These look so good Sommer! Can’t wait to try the recipe.

ashley — February 1, 2013 @ 11:07 am

How many bites does this recipe make?

ashley — February 1, 2013 @ 11:08 am

Ugh nevermind I finally found the tiny print haha sorry

la fata della zucca — February 2, 2013 @ 4:37 am

Wanna try these! Look Delicious!

Amanda — February 3, 2013 @ 11:27 am

Those are so creative and fantastic Sommer!!

www.journalone.com — June 7, 2013 @ 8:25 am

What’s up, just wanted to say, I enjoyed this article. It was practical. Keep on posting!

Angela — October 28, 2013 @ 1:33 pm

These look so yummy! Do you think you could mix in the bacon and blue cheese? I’m not very fiddly when I’m cooking, and arranging little bacon and cheese pieces on top seems a bit time-consuming :)

1. Pingback: Superbowl Recipe Roundup

2. Pingback: Country Cleaver Buffalo Chicken Sliders » Country Cleaver

3. Pingback: Super Bowl 2013 Menu | Totally Love It

4. Pingback: Smoothie Time! | kelsey runs

5. Pingback: Super Bowl Round Up | Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts | Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts

6. Pingback: weekend whats