Buffalo Chicken Bites
Looking for quick and tasty Super Bowl Snacks? Look no further. These itty bitty Buffalo Chicken Bites are just the thing to serve at your game-day party!
A hoard of feverish football fans are heading to your house is a little over a week. Do you feel calm and collected?
If not, that’s okay. Most people get a bit frazzled at the thought of preparing food for a large group.
That way, the dishes I make really stand out, but I’m not preparing days in advance.
I always try to provide super bowl snacks that are loaded with comforting flavors, yet presented in a unique way.
Like these little Buffalo Chicken Bites.
You can’t very well have a Super Bowl Party without buffalo chicken, but you can steer clear of sticky wings and red fingerprints on the sofa.
Buffalo Chicken Bites wrap up all the goodness of buffalo wings, in neat little packages to keep your fingers clean.
I whipped up an easy creamy buffalo chicken filling with hot wing sauce, celery, onions, and cream cheese. Then scooped it into Athens Mini Fillo Shells.
Before serving, I simply sprinkled crumbled blue cheese, bacon, and chopped celery leaves over the top. Voila!
I love using Athens Mini Fillo Shells for super bowl snacks like this. They are pre-baked, so you can serve them straight out of the package, but you can also pop them in the oven for bubbly-hot appetizers and desserts.
Just think of all the amazing little snacks YOU could make with Athens Mini Fillo Shells!
Check out this fun Athens Recipe Contest: Enter your phyllo-inspired recipe for a chance to win great prizes!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Buffalo Chicken Bites
- 3 strips bacon
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 cup hot wing sauce
- 2 boxes Athens Mini Fillo Shells
- 1 oz. crumbled blue cheese
- chopped celery leaves for garnish
- Heat a skillet to medium-high. Add the bacon and brown for 5-7 minutes. Remove the bacon and crumble when cool.
- Add the celery and onion to the bacon grease. Saute for 2-3 minutes to soften, then add the cream cheese. Allow the cream cheese to melt a little, then mix in the chicken and hot wing sauce. Mix well.
- Spoon the warm chicken mixture into the phyllo shells. Then sprinkle the tops with crumbled blue cheese, bacon, and celery leaves. Serve warm or at room temperature.
More Super Bowl Snack Ideas:
Bagna Cauda with Sun-Dried Tomatoes ~ A Farmgirl’s Dabbles
Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms ~ Lauren’s Latest
Vegan Jalapeno Poppers ~ Namely Marly
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Athens Foods. All opinions are my own.
Like what you see? SUBSCRIBE below to receive new recipes by email.
59 Responses to “Buffalo Chicken Bites”
Pingback: Superbowl Recipe Roundup
Pingback: Super Bowl 2013 Menu | Totally Love It
Pingback: Smoothie Time! | kelsey runs
Pingback: weekend whats