celebrate in simple style with:

Brilliant Bundt Cakes

buy now!

Buffalo Chicken Bites

Easy Buffalo Chicken Bites! All the flavor of Chicken Wings - with clean fingers!Looking for quick and tasty Super Bowl Snacks? Look no further. These itty bitty Buffalo Chicken Bites are just the thing to serve at your game-day party!

Buffalo Chicken Bites | A Spicy Perspective #superbowl #gameday #partysnacks

A hoard of feverish football fans are heading to your house in a little over a week. Do you feel calm and collected?

If not, that’s okay. Most people get a bit frazzled at the thought of preparing food for a large group.

Bacon

My game plan is to make a few show-stopping super bowl snacks, then fill in with easy store-bought items like chips and salsa or veggies and dip.

That way, the dishes I make really stand out, yet I’m not preparing days in advance.

Celery

I always try to provide super bowl snacks that are loaded with comforting flavors, yet presented in a unique way.

Buffalo Chicken

Like these little Buffalo Chicken Bites.

You can’t very well have a Super Bowl Party without buffalo chicken, but you can steer clear of sticky wings and red fingerprints on the sofa.

Making Buffalo Chicken Bites | A Spicy Perspective #superbowl #gameday #partysnacks

Buffalo Chicken Bites wrap all the goodness of buffalo wings, in neat little packages to keep your fingers clean.

I whipped up an easy creamy buffalo chicken filling with hot wing sauce, celery, onions, and cream cheese. Then scooped it into Athens Mini Fillo Shells.

How to Make Buffalo Chicken Bites | A Spicy Perspective #superbowl #gameday #partysnacks

Before serving, I simply sprinkled crumbled blue cheese, bacon, and chopped celery leaves over the top. Voila!

I love using Athens Mini Fillo Shells for super bowl snacks like this. They are pre-baked, so you can serve them straight out of the package, but you can also pop them in the oven for bubbly-hot appetizers and desserts.

Simple Buffalo Chicken Bites | A Spicy Perspective #superbowl #gameday #partysnacks

Just think of all the amazing little snacks YOU could make with Athens Mini Fillo Shells!

Check out this fun Athens Recipe Contest:  Enter your phyllo-inspired recipe for a chance to win great prizes!

The Best Buffalo Chicken Bites | A Spicy Perspective #superbowl #gameday #partysnacks

Buffalo Chicken Bites

Yield: 30

• 3 strips bacon
  • 1/2 cup celery, diced
  • 1/2 cup onion, diced
  • 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
  • 4 ounces cream cheese
  • 1/4 cup hot wing sauce
  • 2 boxes Athens Mini Fillo Shells
  • 1 ounce crumbled blue cheese
  • chopped celery leaves for garnish

1. Heat a skillet to medium-high. Add the bacon and brown for 5-7 minutes. Remove the bacon and crumble when cool.
  2. Add the celery and onion to the bacon grease. Saute for 2-3 minutes to soften, then add the cream cheese. Allow the cream cheese to melt a little, then mix in the chicken and hot wing sauce. Mix well.
  3. Spoon the warm chicken mixture into the phyllo shells. Then sprinkle the tops with crumbled blue cheese, bacon, and celery leaves. Serve warm or at room temperature.

Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!

More Super Bowl Snack Ideas:

Sweet and Spicy Beef Nachos

Creamy Caramelized Onion Dip

Bagna Cauda with Sun-Dried Tomatoes ~ A Farmgirl’s Dabbles

Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms ~ Lauren’s Latest

Vegan Jalapeno Poppers ~ Namely Marly

Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Athens Foods. All opinions are my own.

You May Also Like...

61 Responses to “Buffalo Chicken Bites”

1. Belinda @zomppaposted January 25, 2013 at 7:55 am

Fantastic! Almost too elegant for the way I’d just pop ‘em in!

2. Aimee @ ShugarySweetsposted January 25, 2013 at 6:56 am

I love bite sized snacks. These are awesome Sommer!

3. Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchenposted January 25, 2013 at 7:25 am

Sommer, your Buffalo Chicken Bites look out-of-this-world tasty! Plus, being adorable yet man-friendly sets these appetizers in their own class. You, m’lday ROCK! Cannot wait to share with you my “Buffalo Chicken” spin in my next recipe. WOOT! xoxo

4. shelly (cookies and cups)posted January 25, 2013 at 7:45 am

I love these!! The perfect way to eat Buffalo Chicken!

5. Brian @ A Thought For Foodposted January 25, 2013 at 7:52 am

I can only imagine how quickly these babies will go at a super bowl party. They look divine!

6. Jeanetteposted January 25, 2013 at 7:57 am

I love the idea of little buffalo chicken bites in a crisp shell! Super Bowl is all about the snacks so these would be perfect.

7. Robyn Stone | Add a Pinchposted January 25, 2013 at 8:03 am

Such great snacks! Love these!

8. Kevin @ Closet Cookingposted January 25, 2013 at 8:17 am

Thee would be great for a super bowl party!

9. Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabblesposted January 25, 2013 at 8:49 am

I’ll take a dozen, please! I wouldn’t need any other game day food but these, YUM! Have a great weekend, Sommer, and thanks for the link!

10. Alison @ Ingredients, Inc.posted January 25, 2013 at 8:51 am

all the men I know will love these! Women too!

11. Aimee @ Simple Bitesposted January 25, 2013 at 8:51 am

Delish!! I love small bites and yours really pack a punch of flavor.

12. Bev @ Bev Cooksposted January 25, 2013 at 8:54 am

I’m kind of dying right now.

13. Gabyposted January 25, 2013 at 9:17 am

How freaking cute are these!!! Love mini bite sized things!

14. Heather @ Heather's Dishposted January 25, 2013 at 9:28 am

I don’t even need a a game to want to make these – they are too stinking cute!

15. marlaposted January 25, 2013 at 10:07 am

These bites look great!! Perfect for game day :)

16. naomiposted January 25, 2013 at 10:13 am

I love those Athens cups, they make everything so much faster and love the filling!

17. Marian (Sweetopia)posted January 25, 2013 at 10:17 am

These look amazing, Sommer! Thanks for the idea!

18. Julie @ Table for Twoposted January 25, 2013 at 11:36 am

I LOVE anything buffalo!!! This really is the perfect football snack! It’s easy to grab, eat, and most importantly, you can still enjoy the game while eating it! haha

19. a farmer in the dellposted January 25, 2013 at 11:45 am

I love a good bite size snack. Anything with buffalo sauce is a major win for me!

20. Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchenposted January 25, 2013 at 11:53 am

I couldn’t stop at just one!

21. Tara @ Unsophisticookposted January 25, 2013 at 12:12 pm

LOVE these mini fillo shells — so cute!

22. claire @ the realistic nutritionistposted January 25, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Fillo shells really are just so darn cute. Love these bites!

23. Chrisposted January 25, 2013 at 1:24 pm

Those premade shells are a great time saver! And the flavor of buffalo chicken in one bite? THAT is a thing of beauty. Great photos too, Sommer!

24. Laura (Tutti Dolci)posted January 25, 2013 at 1:28 pm

These are the cutest little bites, Sommer! :)

25. Jennifer @ Mother Thymeposted January 25, 2013 at 1:53 pm

You had me at Buffalo. These look incredible! A great addition to a Super Bowl party for sure!

26. Toni | Boulder Locavoreposted January 25, 2013 at 2:00 pm

I’m mad for anything ‘buffalo chicken’. These are a perfect bit, so cute and I’m sure delicious. Great creation Sommer! Just included a link to you for a gluten free game day recipe round up! After our live chat this week I was left hungry for football food!

27. Julia @ A Cedar Spoonposted January 25, 2013 at 2:39 pm

I love that these are bite size! I think food is so much better this way so you have an excuse to eat more, and try more!

28. Cassieposted January 25, 2013 at 2:47 pm

You know I adore these! Perfect for Super Bowl too!

29. Danielleposted January 25, 2013 at 3:18 pm

This is seriously the perfect bite! I’m going to have to try these (sans the bleu cheese) for our super bowl party.

30. Melissa Bposted January 25, 2013 at 4:03 pm

These look so cute! I love finger food like this!
    Thanks!

31. Brandon @ Kitchen Konfidenceposted January 25, 2013 at 6:28 pm

When I saw the title in my feed reader, I was expecting something totally different. After clicking through, I was pleasantly surprised :) These look SO good. Love the addition of celery leaves on top.

32. Jenny Flakeposted January 25, 2013 at 7:55 pm

Bite size and perfect! I’d like the whole plate to myself :) Great party food.

33. Amy Tongposted January 25, 2013 at 8:11 pm

These are absolutely delightful! What a flavorful creation. Although I’m not a fan of the Super Bowl, I’m still going to make these just to indulge a little! I’ll “pretend” to be watching the game while I eat these cuties! :P Have a good weekend!

34. jenposted January 25, 2013 at 8:21 pm

I love those little phyllo cups – I always keep some in my freezer because there are a million things you can do with them, and they are perfect for quick and easy last minute entertaining.

35. Miss @ Miss in the Kitchenposted January 25, 2013 at 11:04 pm

These would be a bit hit with the boys for sure. I love those little phyllo cups they are just right for tasty bites!

36. Shawn @ I Wash...You Dryposted January 26, 2013 at 7:19 pm

Love those little phyllo cups! These are a great alternative to the messy wing. Great flavor combination. I need to try these!

37. Erika @ The Hopeless Housewifeposted January 26, 2013 at 7:54 pm

Just love those little phyllo cups and filled with buffalo chicken and bacon sounds wonderful!

38. Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love.posted January 27, 2013 at 12:57 am

These are adorable and they look so tasty!

39. Allie {Urban Feast}posted January 27, 2013 at 5:39 am

These are so cute! Can’t wait to impress with these at my Superbowl party!

40. Chung-Ah | Damn Deliciousposted January 28, 2013 at 1:34 am

I’m not much of a football fan but I’d gladly make this any day of the week!

41. Carolynposted January 28, 2013 at 6:49 am

I love the super bowl…mostly for the food! Yum!

42. Kiersten @ Oh My Veggiesposted January 28, 2013 at 8:56 am

What a great idea! I’m all about little bites like this. :)

43. Paula - bell'alimentoposted January 28, 2013 at 1:20 pm

I’m making buffalo chicken pizza as we speak. Love these baby bites!

44. Pingback: Superbowl Recipe Roundup

45. Loretta | A Finn In The Kitchenposted January 28, 2013 at 3:11 pm

I’ll take one if there’s any left!

46. Christy @ My Invisible Crownposted January 28, 2013 at 4:46 pm

These little pastry cups are so so good! I can’t resist them with just about anything inside but I love buffalo, too so these look perfect! And just in time for Super Bowl. Great idea.

47. Yasmeen @ Wandering Spiceposted January 29, 2013 at 5:09 am

Fantastic! We’ll be watching the Superbowl here in Australia, and as my Aussie husband loves a bit of Americana, this sounds like just the snack he would really love while watching the game.

48. Angieposted January 29, 2013 at 11:59 am

These look so good Sommer! Can’t wait to try the recipe.

49. Pingback: Country Cleaver Buffalo Chicken Sliders » Country Cleaver

50. Pingback: Super Bowl 2013 Menu | Totally Love It

51. Pingback: Smoothie Time! | kelsey runs

52. Pingback: Super Bowl Round Up | Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts | Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts

53. Pingback: weekend whats

54. ashleyposted February 1, 2013 at 11:07 am

How many bites does this recipe make?

55. ashleyposted February 1, 2013 at 11:08 am

Ugh nevermind I finally found the tiny print haha sorry

56. la fata della zuccaposted February 2, 2013 at 4:37 am

Wanna try these! Look Delicious!

57. Amandaposted February 3, 2013 at 11:27 am

Those are so creative and fantastic Sommer!!

58. www.journalone.composted June 7, 2013 at 8:25 am

What’s up, just wanted to say, I enjoyed this article. It was practical. Keep on posting!

59. Angelaposted October 28, 2013 at 1:33 pm

These look so yummy! Do you think you could mix in the bacon and blue cheese? I’m not very fiddly when I’m cooking, and arranging little bacon and cheese pieces on top seems a bit time-consuming :)

60. Pingback: Margherita Pizza Phyllo Bites - Barbara Bakes

61. Pingback: Recipe Roundup: Impressive Superbowl Snack Roundup » Limefish Studio