Roasted Red Pepper Pesto Pasta + 8k Giveaways
This easy Roasted Red Pepper Pesto Pasta Recipe is just the thing to ring in the year new! A healthy pasta recipe using whole grain noodles, that everyone will enjoy.
After 6 weeks of heavy party foods, bonbons and candy bark, I feel like a stuffed pig.
How about you?
This happens to me every single year. I completely cut loose around the holidays, consuming every delectable dish I see, only to wish I hadn’t in January.
Girlfriend needs to shed a few dozen cookies this month, if you know what I mean.
I’m sure many of you feel the same way I do, so over the next month, I’ll be sharing lighter figure-friendly recipes to help us all get back on track.
Subbing healthier noodles for standard pasta, is a great way to feed the whole family the dishes they love in a mindful way.
Over the years I’ve bought uncountable brands of pasta, trying to find a company making healthy options that still taste great.
DeLallo Pasta has become my favorite.
In the 1940′s, George and Madeleine DeLallo started a small business selling authentic Italian foods door-to-door in Western Pennsylvania. Several years later they opened a small shop in Jeanette, Pennsylvania, that is still the heart of the business today.
Interestingly, you can thank DeLallo for the olive and antipasti bar in your local grocery store. The DeLallos pioneered this concept and still source most of the olives bars across the nation.
DeLallo Pasta has become a staple ingredient in my home, because they offer so many amazing options: pure organic semolina pasta, organic whole grain pasta, tender pillowy gnocchi, and even gluten free pasta in all different shapes and sizes.
These healthy varieties make it possible for me to serve pasta, even when we are trying to stay on the straight and narrow.
This fast and easy pesto pasta recipe with a rich roasted red pepper pesto, is a healthy pasta recipe you can feel good about serving.
In the time the whole grain pasta cooks to al dente, you can blend up a vibrant red pepper pesto that is full of flavor and low in saturated fat.
For those with wheat sensitivities, try this pesto pasta recipe with DeLallo Gluten Free Pasta.
As if this healthy pasta recipe wasn’t enough…
DeLallo has an amazing Pinterest Calendar Contest going on right now in which 8,000 of you will win a large full-color DeLallo 2013 Calendar.
The calendar is loaded with DeLallo’s best recipes this year and fabulous coupons.
All you have to do to win one is: ~Sorry All the Calendars Have Been Given Out!~
- “Pin” a photo from DeLallo 2013 Calendar Giveaway Pinterest Board with the hashtag #DeLallo2013.
- Then Fill Out This Form so DeLallo can ship out your calendar!
The first 8,000 people to enter will receive this awesome calendar in the mail. GO!
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Roasted Red Pepper Pesto Pasta Recipe
- 16 oz. jar roasted red peppers (or use 3-4 fresh roasted peppers)
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves (10-15 leaves)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 16 oz. package DaLallo Organic Whole Grain Pasta, any variety
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Boil the pasta according to the DeLallo package instructions, approximately 10-12 minutes. Drain the pasta and pour back in the pot.
- While the pasta is cooking, chop the walnuts in a food processor. Pour the walnuts into a small bowl then add the roasted red peppers, fresh basil, and garlic to the food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the parmesan cheese, chopped walnuts, olive oil, and 1/2 tsp. salt to the food processor, Pulse to combine. Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Pour the pesto over the cooked and drained pasta and toss to coat.
- Serve warm.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by DeLallo. All heart-felt opinions are my own.
Get a FREE GIFT when you SUBSCRIBE to receive new posts by email:
47 Responses to “Roasted Red Pepper Pesto Pasta + 8k Giveaways”
Pingback: Free 2013 DeLallo Calendar (Pinterest) -
Pingback: Various Pasta Recipes