The Peppermintini

Santa will be more than willing to slip a sable under your tree, when he sees you’ve mixed him a Peppermint Martini this year. This Peppermint Cocktail will bring smiles to your guests (and the big guy) on Christmas Eve!

Peppermint Martini AKA The Peppermintini! | ASpicyPerspective.com #cocktails #holidays #christmas #recipe Pin It

Seven Days until Christmas, are you ready?

Okay, okay… Don’t panic.

Let’s have a Peppermint Martini, or two, to calm the nerves. Then we’ll get right back on task.

I’ve got to admit, I’m a little behind this year.

In fact, I ordered all my Christmas presents on Amazon yesterday.

ALL. OF. THEM.

Making a Peppermint Martini AKA The Peppermintini! | ASpicyPerspective.com #cocktails #holidays #christmas #recipe Find dishes and crystal martini glasses here.

In the spirit of giving, I tend to over-commit during the holidays, then need a vacation after New Years.

Anyone want to meet me in Kauai January 2nd?

We could probably all use a sandy beach and a bit of room-service by then.

But for now, let’s just focus on the fun and festivities of the moment. Family, friends, parties, decadent dishes, cocktails, bright-eyed babies awaiting Christmas morning.

The Peppermintini, Holiday Peppermint Cocktail | ASpicyPerspective.com #cocktails #holidays #christmas #recipe

One thing I love about the holiday season is that you can get away with adding peppermint to EVERYTHING.

Like Peppermint Fudge, Peppermint Rice Krispies Snowballs, Peppermint Creme BruleePeppermint Cookies, Peppermint Coffee Drinks, and of course, Peppermint Cocktails.

This Peppermint Martini, or Peppermintini, is cool and creamy with a minty finish. Just the thing to calm your nerves and lift your spirits this time of year.

The Peppermintini is this week’s McCormick Season Seven Recipe, involving two of the seven seasonal flavors that remind us of the holidays:  ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, sage, poultry seasoning, vanilla and peppermint.

To make this Peppermint Cocktail, dip the rim of each martini glass in crushed candy canes for a peppermint garnish. Then simply combine White Chocolate Liqueur, Vanilla Vodka, Half & Half, and McCormick Peppermint Extract. Shake and pour.

So easy to make, and so soothing.

Make sure to check out McCormick’s Holiday Look Book for more festive recipes!

Yield: 2

Peppermint Martini "Peppermintini"

This festive peppermint cocktail unites the crisp bite of peppermint with the smooth sweetness of white chocolate liqueur.

• 4 peppermint candy canes
  • 3 Tb. sugar + 2 Tb. water
  • 4 ounces white chocolate liqueur
  • 2 ounces vanilla vodka
  • 2 ounces half-and-half
  • 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Peppermint Extract

1. Place candy canes or peppermint candies in large resealable plastic bag. Close bag. Pound with rolling pin or heavy skillet until coarsely crushed. Or, process in food processor using on/off pulsing action.
  2. Mix 3 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoons water in small shallow bowl until well blended. Dip rim of glass in sugar water mixture, then into crushed candies to lightly coat.
  3. Fill cocktail shaker two-thirds full with ice. Add white chocolate liqueur, half-and-half, vanilla vodka and peppermint extract; shake until well mixed and chilled. Strain into martini glasses. Serve immediately.

Disclosure: This post is sponsored by McCormick. All opinions are always my own.

46 Responses to “The Peppermintini”

DessertForTwo — December 18, 2012 @ 6:55 am

Move over Santa, this one is just for me! :)

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — December 18, 2012 @ 7:36 am

This looks fabulously delicious!

Rachel Cooks — December 18, 2012 @ 7:40 am

Love this! Especially the fun rim :)

Laurie {Simply Scratch} — December 18, 2012 @ 8:23 am

Yes, yes and Yessss!

MIss @ Miss in the Kitchen — December 18, 2012 @ 8:35 am

I ordered most of my list from Amazon and today we are headed to the big town to finish up, when I get home this is what I want!

Carolyn — December 18, 2012 @ 8:37 am

Yes, please! What else is there to say???

Bev @ Bev Cooks — December 18, 2012 @ 9:01 am

Ummmm I just died.

emily — December 18, 2012 @ 10:48 am

YUM! I came up with a similar cocktail recently for my husband and called it “the snowy dream”. I know, super cheesy, right? But it was delish & super festive! Happy Holidays!

• Sommer — December 18th, 2012 @ 1:51 pm

Emily, it’s not cheesy. It sounds like a restaurant cocktail name. :)

Angie — December 18, 2012 @ 10:55 am

This looks perfect for the holidays! How delicious!

Aggie — December 18, 2012 @ 11:52 am

Oh Sommer, these are so festive! Love them!

RavieNomNoms — December 18, 2012 @ 12:59 pm

Ah!!! I want this right now! Looks so festive and amazing!

Paula - bell'alimento — December 18, 2012 @ 1:03 pm

I made a version of these this weekend. They’re just divine (and I totally did a hunk of shopping on Amazon this morning – signed up for prime just to be sure they got here in time LOL)

• Sommer — December 18th, 2012 @ 1:52 pm

I pretty much buy everything through my Amazon Prime account.

Anita at Hungry Couple — December 18, 2012 @ 1:16 pm

I can stay nice and relaxed during the holidays if I’m sipping a continuous stream of these! :)

Jen @ Savory SImple — December 18, 2012 @ 1:40 pm

I saw this earlier on Pinterest and I’m so glad to finally check out the recipe! What a fabulous holiday drink.

Barbara | Creative Culinary — December 18, 2012 @ 2:04 pm

I’ve got some homemade Peppermint Schnapps in my brewing facility (OK, OK…garage) and it’s about ready for prime time. LOVE the idea of mixing it with white chocolate. This will be happening soon.

Toni | Boulder Locavore — December 18, 2012 @ 2:56 pm

Such a happy-making cocktail Sommer! Also glad to know I’m not the only one placing desparate orders on Amazon yesterday. There is something very odd about the pacing of this holiday season I am finding….

Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. — December 18, 2012 @ 3:48 pm

i pinned this earlier today! LOVE

Averie @ Averie Cooks — December 18, 2012 @ 6:28 pm

I’m thirsty! And I love the pink sprinkles you rimmed the glass with – so festive & pretty!

marla — December 18, 2012 @ 6:36 pm

Such a pretty cocktail Sommer :)

Stacy — December 18, 2012 @ 6:44 pm

Cool…Creamy…Minty Finish…in a Martini? I’m so there, Sommer! Thank you for offering up this creative cocktail recipe. Santa, Baby…see what you do to us girls? And, yes…Amazon totally rocks. My order arrives tomorrow, LOL! Retweeted at Twitter…going to pin at Pinterest now…

Cassie | Bake Your Day — December 18, 2012 @ 7:12 pm

LOVE this! SO festive and I love the crushed peppermint around the rim!

Karen — December 18, 2012 @ 7:42 pm

Your pictures are beautiful!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — December 18, 2012 @ 7:42 pm

I am not a martini person, but this martini I would love! What fabulous combination of flavors!!! I want one now!!

Julia — December 18, 2012 @ 7:46 pm

This is so fun!! I love peppermint martinis and I think I just might have to make one for myself soon.

carolinaheartstrings — December 18, 2012 @ 8:18 pm

What a yummy drink. I will have at least one!!!! Come and visit us this week. We are having a wonderful giveaway from a talented Southern author.

The Squishy Monster — December 18, 2012 @ 8:54 pm

So festive + fun!!

Laura (Tutti Dolci) — December 18, 2012 @ 10:25 pm

How festive and fun, I love the rim!

Kathy Steger — December 18, 2012 @ 11:04 pm

What a beautiful and yummy looking cocktail. I love your blog and nominated you for the Liebster Award. You can find more info on my blog. :0)

Elizabeth@ Food Ramblings — December 19, 2012 @ 7:16 am

love that you ordered all your presents in one shot– very smart :)

Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies — December 19, 2012 @ 1:38 pm

I am feeling completely overwhelmed by the holidays this year. I will take 2 of these!

Tara @ Unsophisticook — December 19, 2012 @ 1:51 pm

Amazon has been my savior this year, too. Love this minty cocktail!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — December 19, 2012 @ 3:06 pm

I’m so completely not ready. Maybe one of these will ease the worry.

Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles — December 19, 2012 @ 6:24 pm

So pretty and fun! And, hey, I’d love to meet you in Kaui on the 2nd! ;)

Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) — December 19, 2012 @ 8:13 pm

This looks absolutely fantastic! I love how festive these drinks are!

Kathy Steger — December 20, 2012 @ 9:36 pm

Pinned it :)

earthquake — March 14, 2013 @ 8:45 am

And buying a the bachelor is a dream you may use some of your ingredients as pilus increment remedies.
    Are you including any appliances into circumstance, so maybe not.
    A woman who is sixty-two pounds over weightiness and wanting
    to turn a loss trunk fat has the of motel 168 in the past where the occupancy rate and the ADR human relationship were
    inordinate.

Nancy @ Artsy Chicks Rule — November 19, 2013 @ 8:21 am

Gorgeous photos….and this looks like a must try! :)

Nancy

DessertForTwo — December 19, 2013 @ 12:44 pm

Yes! I can’t wait to make this! Santa isn’t getting a drop out of my glass!

1. Pingback: 40 Last-Minute Christmas Recipes & Ideas That Take 10 Minutes or Less | Kitchen Treaty

2. Pingback: Perfect fall and holiday drink recipes | House Party Blog

3. Pingback: 30+ Amazing and Fun Holiday Cocktails - A Family Feast

4. Pingback: 12 Days of Christmas Cookie Cocktails | The Divine Miss Mommy | Atlanta Georgia Mom Blogger | Travel Blogger

5. Pingback: The 12 Days of Christmas Cookie Cocktails