celebrate in simple style with:

Brilliant Bundt Cakes

buy now!

Peppermintini “Peppermint Martini”

Peppermint Martini AKA The Peppermintini!  ASpicyPerspective.com #cocktails #holidays #christmas #recipeSanta will be more than willing to slip a sable under your tree, when he sees you’ve mixed him a Peppermint Martini this year. This peppermint cocktail will bring smiles to your guests (and the big guy) on Christmas Eve!

Seven Days until Christmas, are you ready?

Okay, okay… Don’t panic.

Let’s have a Peppermint Martini, or two, to calm the nerves. Then we’ll get right back on task.

I’ve got to admit, I’m a little behind this year.

In fact, I ordered all my Christmas presents on Amazon yesterday.

ALL. OF. THEM.

Making a Peppermint Martini AKA The Peppermintini! | ASpicyPerspective.com #cocktails #holidays #christmas #recipe

In the spirit of giving, I tend to over-commit during the holidays, then need a vacation after New Years.

Anyone want to meet me in Kauai January 2nd?

We could probably all use a sandy beach and a bit of room-service by then.

But for now, let’s just focus on the fun and festivities of the moment. Family, friends, parties, decadent dishes, cocktails, bright-eyed babies awaiting Christmas morning.

The Peppermintini, Holiday Peppermint Cocktail | ASpicyPerspective.com #cocktails #holidays #christmas #recipe

One thing I love about the holiday season is that you can get away with adding peppermint to EVERYTHING.

Like Peppermint Fudge, Peppermint Rice Krispies Snowballs, Peppermint Creme BruleePeppermint Cookies, Peppermint Coffee Drinks, and of course, Peppermint Cocktails.

This Peppermint Martini, or Peppermintini, is cool and creamy with a minty finish. Just the thing to calm your nerves and lift your spirits this time of year.

The Peppermintini is this week’s McCormick Season Seven Recipe, involving two of the seven seasonal flavors that remind us of the holidays:  ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, sage, poultry seasoning, vanilla and peppermint.

To make this Peppermint Cocktail, dip the rim of each martini glass in crushed candy canes for a peppermint garnish. Then simply combine White Chocolate Liqueur, Vanilla Vodka, Half & Half, and McCormick Peppermint Extract. Shake and pour.

So easy to make, and so soothing.

Make sure to check out McCormick’s Holiday Look Book for more festive recipes!

Peppermintini "Peppermint Martini"

Yield: 2

Prep Time:5 minutes

This festive peppermint cocktail unites the crisp bite of peppermint with the smooth sweetness of white chocolate liqueur.

• 4 peppermint candy canes
  • 3 tablespoons sugar + 2 tablespoons water
  • 4 ounces white chocolate liqueur
  • 2 ounces vanilla vodka
  • 2 ounces half-and-half
  • 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Peppermint Extract

1. Place candy canes or peppermint candies in large resealable plastic bag. Close bag. Pound with rolling pin or heavy skillet until coarsely crushed. Or, process in food processor using on/off pulsing action.
  2. Mix 3 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoons water in small shallow bowl until well blended. Dip rim of glass in sugar water mixture, then into crushed candies to lightly coat.
  3. Fill cocktail shaker two-thirds full with ice. Add white chocolate liqueur, half-and-half, vanilla vodka and peppermint extract; shake until well mixed and chilled. Strain into martini glasses. Serve immediately.

Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!

Disclosure: This post is sponsored by McCormick. All opinions are always my own.

You May Also Like...

50 Responses to “Peppermintini “Peppermint Martini””

1. DessertForTwoposted December 18, 2012 at 6:55 am

Move over Santa, this one is just for me! :)

2. Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugarposted December 18, 2012 at 7:36 am

This looks fabulously delicious!

3. Rachel Cooksposted December 18, 2012 at 7:40 am

Love this! Especially the fun rim :)

4. Laurie {Simply Scratch}posted December 18, 2012 at 8:23 am

Yes, yes and Yessss!

5. MIss @ Miss in the Kitchenposted December 18, 2012 at 8:35 am

I ordered most of my list from Amazon and today we are headed to the big town to finish up, when I get home this is what I want!

6. Carolynposted December 18, 2012 at 8:37 am

Yes, please! What else is there to say???

7. Bev @ Bev Cooksposted December 18, 2012 at 9:01 am

Ummmm I just died.

8. emilyposted December 18, 2012 at 10:48 am

YUM! I came up with a similar cocktail recently for my husband and called it “the snowy dream”. I know, super cheesy, right? But it was delish & super festive! Happy Holidays!

• Sommer — December 18th, 2012 @ 1:51 pm

Emily, it’s not cheesy. It sounds like a restaurant cocktail name. :)

9. Angieposted December 18, 2012 at 10:55 am

This looks perfect for the holidays! How delicious!

10. Aggieposted December 18, 2012 at 11:52 am

Oh Sommer, these are so festive! Love them!

11. RavieNomNomsposted December 18, 2012 at 12:59 pm

Ah!!! I want this right now! Looks so festive and amazing!

12. Paula - bell'alimentoposted December 18, 2012 at 1:03 pm

I made a version of these this weekend. They’re just divine (and I totally did a hunk of shopping on Amazon this morning – signed up for prime just to be sure they got here in time LOL)

• Sommer — December 18th, 2012 @ 1:52 pm

I pretty much buy everything through my Amazon Prime account.

13. Barbara | Creative Culinaryposted December 18, 2012 at 2:04 pm

I’ve got some homemade Peppermint Schnapps in my brewing facility (OK, OK…garage) and it’s about ready for prime time. LOVE the idea of mixing it with white chocolate. This will be happening soon.

14. Anita at Hungry Coupleposted December 18, 2012 at 1:16 pm

I can stay nice and relaxed during the holidays if I’m sipping a continuous stream of these! :)

15. Jen @ Savory SImpleposted December 18, 2012 at 1:40 pm

I saw this earlier on Pinterest and I’m so glad to finally check out the recipe! What a fabulous holiday drink.

16. Toni | Boulder Locavoreposted December 18, 2012 at 2:56 pm

Such a happy-making cocktail Sommer! Also glad to know I’m not the only one placing desparate orders on Amazon yesterday. There is something very odd about the pacing of this holiday season I am finding….

17. Alison @ Ingredients, Inc.posted December 18, 2012 at 3:48 pm

i pinned this earlier today! LOVE

18. Averie @ Averie Cooksposted December 18, 2012 at 6:28 pm

I’m thirsty! And I love the pink sprinkles you rimmed the glass with – so festive & pretty!

19. marlaposted December 18, 2012 at 6:36 pm

Such a pretty cocktail Sommer :)

20. Stacyposted December 18, 2012 at 6:44 pm

Cool…Creamy…Minty Finish…in a Martini? I’m so there, Sommer! Thank you for offering up this creative cocktail recipe. Santa, Baby…see what you do to us girls? And, yes…Amazon totally rocks. My order arrives tomorrow, LOL! Retweeted at Twitter…going to pin at Pinterest now…

21. Cassie | Bake Your Dayposted December 18, 2012 at 7:12 pm

LOVE this! SO festive and I love the crushed peppermint around the rim!

22. Karenposted December 18, 2012 at 7:42 pm

Your pictures are beautiful!

23. Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppersposted December 18, 2012 at 7:42 pm

I am not a martini person, but this martini I would love! What fabulous combination of flavors!!! I want one now!!

24. Juliaposted December 18, 2012 at 7:46 pm

This is so fun!! I love peppermint martinis and I think I just might have to make one for myself soon.

25. carolinaheartstringsposted December 18, 2012 at 8:18 pm

What a yummy drink. I will have at least one!!!! Come and visit us this week. We are having a wonderful giveaway from a talented Southern author.

26. The Squishy Monsterposted December 18, 2012 at 8:54 pm

So festive + fun!!

27. Laura (Tutti Dolci)posted December 18, 2012 at 10:25 pm

How festive and fun, I love the rim!

28. Kathy Stegerposted December 18, 2012 at 11:04 pm

What a beautiful and yummy looking cocktail. I love your blog and nominated you for the Liebster Award. You can find more info on my blog. :0)

29. Elizabeth@ Food Ramblingsposted December 19, 2012 at 7:16 am

love that you ordered all your presents in one shot– very smart :)

30. Kiersten @ Oh My Veggiesposted December 19, 2012 at 1:38 pm

I am feeling completely overwhelmed by the holidays this year. I will take 2 of these!

31. Tara @ Unsophisticookposted December 19, 2012 at 1:51 pm

Amazon has been my savior this year, too. Love this minty cocktail!

32. Rachel @ Baked by Rachelposted December 19, 2012 at 3:06 pm

I’m so completely not ready. Maybe one of these will ease the worry.

33. Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabblesposted December 19, 2012 at 6:24 pm

So pretty and fun! And, hey, I’d love to meet you in Kaui on the 2nd! ;)

34. Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes)posted December 19, 2012 at 8:13 pm

This looks absolutely fantastic! I love how festive these drinks are!

35. Kathy Stegerposted December 20, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Pinned it :)

36. Pingback: 40 Last-Minute Christmas Recipes & Ideas That Take 10 Minutes or Less | Kitchen Treaty

37. earthquakeposted March 14, 2013 at 8:45 am

And buying a the bachelor is a dream you may use some of your ingredients as pilus increment remedies.
    Are you including any appliances into circumstance, so maybe not.
    A woman who is sixty-two pounds over weightiness and wanting
    to turn a loss trunk fat has the of motel 168 in the past where the occupancy rate and the ADR human relationship were
    inordinate.

38. Pingback: Perfect fall and holiday drink recipes | House Party Blog

39. Nancy @ Artsy Chicks Ruleposted November 19, 2013 at 8:21 am

Gorgeous photos….and this looks like a must try! :)

Nancy

40. Pingback: 30+ Amazing and Fun Holiday Cocktails - A Family Feast

41. Pingback: 12 Days of Christmas Cookie Cocktails | The Divine Miss Mommy | Atlanta Georgia Mom Blogger | Travel Blogger

42. Pingback: The 12 Days of Christmas Cookie Cocktails

43. DessertForTwoposted December 19, 2013 at 12:44 pm

Yes! I can’t wait to make this! Santa isn’t getting a drop out of my glass!

44. Pingback: Recipe Sharing – Peppermintini | Running Around the Bend

45. Pingback: Shantel Campbell's Real Estate Blog » Blog Archive » Creative & Fun Christmas Party Ideas in Red Deer

46. Pingback: Favorite Posts | The Gift Insider