Peppermintini “Peppermint Martini”
Santa will be more than willing to slip a sable under your tree, when he sees you’ve mixed him a Peppermint Martini this year. This peppermint cocktail will bring smiles to your guests (and the big guy) on Christmas Eve!
Seven Days until Christmas, are you ready?
Okay, okay… Don’t panic.
Let’s have a Peppermint Martini, or two, to calm the nerves. Then we’ll get right back on task.
I’ve got to admit, I’m a little behind this year.
In fact, I ordered all my Christmas presents on Amazon yesterday.
ALL. OF. THEM.
In the spirit of giving, I tend to over-commit during the holidays, then need a vacation after New Years.
Anyone want to meet me in Kauai January 2nd?
We could probably all use a sandy beach and a bit of room-service by then.
But for now, let’s just focus on the fun and festivities of the moment. Family, friends, parties, decadent dishes, cocktails, bright-eyed babies awaiting Christmas morning.
One thing I love about the holiday season is that you can get away with adding peppermint to EVERYTHING.
This Peppermint Martini, or Peppermintini, is cool and creamy with a minty finish. Just the thing to calm your nerves and lift your spirits this time of year.
The Peppermintini is this week’s McCormick Season Seven Recipe, involving two of the seven seasonal flavors that remind us of the holidays: ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, sage, poultry seasoning, vanilla and peppermint.
To make this Peppermint Cocktail, dip the rim of each martini glass in crushed candy canes for a peppermint garnish. Then simply combine White Chocolate Liqueur, Vanilla Vodka, Half & Half, and McCormick Peppermint Extract. Shake and pour.
So easy to make, and so soothing.
Make sure to check out McCormick’s Holiday Look Book for more festive recipes!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Peppermintini "Peppermint Martini"
This festive peppermint cocktail unites the crisp bite of peppermint with the smooth sweetness of white chocolate liqueur.
- 4 peppermint candy canes
- 3 tablespoons sugar + 2 tablespoons water
- 4 ounces white chocolate liqueur
- 2 ounces vanilla vodka
- 2 ounces half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Peppermint Extract
- Place candy canes or peppermint candies in large resealable plastic bag. Close bag. Pound with rolling pin or heavy skillet until coarsely crushed. Or, process in food processor using on/off pulsing action.
- Mix 3 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoons water in small shallow bowl until well blended. Dip rim of glass in sugar water mixture, then into crushed candies to lightly coat.
- Fill cocktail shaker two-thirds full with ice. Add white chocolate liqueur, half-and-half, vanilla vodka and peppermint extract; shake until well mixed and chilled. Strain into martini glasses. Serve immediately.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by McCormick. All opinions are always my own.
SUBSCRIBE below to receive new recipes by email + Our FREE eCookbook Top 25 Recipes!
50 Responses to “Peppermintini “Peppermint Martini””
Pingback: Favorite Posts | The Gift Insider