Champagne Punch with Raspberry and Orange Liqueur

New Years Eve is just around the corner, so today I offer you mass quantities of a favorite champagne cocktailChampagne Punch with Raspberry and Orange Liqueur.

New Years Eve, a day to remissness on the past year’s experiences and celebrate the unknown ahead.

When Lt. Dan and I were first married, we used to plan elaborate New Years Eve parties, or sometimes head out to peruse the bustling events around town until the wee hours of the morning.

Ginger Sugar Rimmed Glasses for Champagne Punch with Raspberry and Orange Liqueur | ASpicyPerspective.com #cocktails #newyearseve #holidays

Nowadays, we often plan a small casual party with friends that also have kids. The kids live-it-up with new Christmas toys, games, and movies, while we grownups live-it-up with funny stories, lavish party dishes, and champagne punch.

(This may sound sad to you youngsters, but I actually prefer it this way.)

Champagne punch is not only a practical beverage to serve on such an event, It’s easy on the eyes as well.

Making  Punch with Raspberry and Orange Liqueur | ASpicyPerspective.com #cocktails #newyearseve #holidays

This year try mixing up my last McCormick Seasonal Seven recipe, a large bowl of champagne punch that everyone can enjoy. It sure beats spending the evening making one champagne cocktail after another.

This particular punch is bright and fruity, with two fruit liqueurs and a fresh fruit garnish.

I combined brut (dry) champagne with a pale fruit juice, then mixed in raspberry liqueur and orange liqueur. I then garnished the bowl with fresh raspberries, orange slices, and fresh ginger slices for a kick.

Bubbly Champagne Punch with Raspberry and Orange Liqueur | ASpicyPerspective.com #cocktails #newyearseve #holidays

What really sets off this champagne cocktail is the ginger sugar rim around the glasses.

I made a little simple syrup, and mixed McCormick ground ginger with sugar. Then I dipped the rim of each punch cup in simple syrup followed by the ginger mixture to create an elegant frosty rim.

The touch of heat from the ginger sugar, mixed with the fruity sweetness of the champagne punch is a lovely combination.

Sparkling Champagne Punch with Raspberry and Orange Liqueur | ASpicyPerspective.com #cocktails #newyearseve #holidays

I may not be sporting an elegant cocktail dress this New Year’s Eve, but I will certainly be serving up an elegant champagne punch!

Yield: 12 servings

Cook Time: 1 minute

Champagne Punch with Raspberry and Orange Liqueur

• 6 Tb. sugar, divided
  • 1/2 tsp. McCormick ground ginger
  • 2 - 750 ml bottles brut champagne
  • 32 oz. white cranberry peach cocktail (or white grape juice)
  • 1/2 cup raspberry liqueur
  • 1/2 cup orange liqueur (like La Belle Orange or Solerno Blood Orange)
  • 1 orange, sliced thin
  • 1 cup fresh raspberries
  • 5-6 fresh ginger slices

1. Chill the champagne and fruit juice.
  2. Mix 3 Tb. sugar with 2 Tb. water in a small bowl. Microwave for 1-2 minutes, until the sugar dissolves. pour into a shallow dish. Then mix the remaining 3 Tb. of sugar with the ground ginger. Place in a separate shallow dish for dipping.
  3. In a large punch bowl, mix the champagne, juice and both liqueurs. Garnish with orange slices, raspberries and ginger slices.
  4. To serve, dip the rims of the punch glasses into the simply syrup. Then immediately dip them in the ginger sugar. Ladle the punch into the glasses and pass around. Cheers!

36 Responses to “Champagne Punch with Raspberry and Orange Liqueur”

Cassie | Bake Your Day — December 26, 2012 @ 8:47 am

This is the perfect way to mix some holiday flavors in for NYE. I love it.

Sherrie Kerns — December 26, 2012 @ 9:00 am

I can’t wait to make this champagne punch! It looks and sounds fantastic.

Barbara | Creative Culinary — December 26, 2012 @ 9:18 am

I think we have to get a bit older to be wise enough to enjoy a simpler and less frenetic New Years. I’m with you…a couple of great small plates and a gorgeous drink like this and not having to drive home afterwards? Priceless!

Kathy - Panini Happy — December 26, 2012 @ 9:33 am

You’ve got all the best serveware. :-) Cheers – Happy New Year!

Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen — December 26, 2012 @ 10:21 am

Happy New Year! This is quite the way to start :)

JulieD — December 26, 2012 @ 11:02 am

I love this, Sommer! I love what you did with the glass!

MIss @ Miss in the Kitchen — December 26, 2012 @ 11:15 am

We are exactly the same, we used to host huge New Year’s Eve parties and now it’s quiet at home with the kids. I really love this punch, just gorgeous!

Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. — December 26, 2012 @ 11:45 am

yes please! Happy holidays to you!!

Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies — December 26, 2012 @ 12:12 pm

Ginger. In champagne. YES! I love this, Sommer. I hope you have a Happy New Year!

Carolyn — December 26, 2012 @ 12:39 pm

Yum! I generally just like my champagne straight up, but this has such great flavours, it’s tempting!

Kate@Diethood — December 26, 2012 @ 3:12 pm

This is beautiful!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — December 26, 2012 @ 4:30 pm

Sounds like a fabulous punch! I agree with you, I like more of the intimate New Years! I’d rather stay in with the kids and adults, it’s more fun that way!

Chris — December 26, 2012 @ 5:54 pm

I will be toasting with the real thing, no punch for me, thanks.
    I wish you a wonderful new year- happy new year to all of you!

marla — December 26, 2012 @ 7:34 pm

Beautiful cocktails!!

Tara @ Unsophisticook — December 26, 2012 @ 9:47 pm

So pretty and sounds so refreshing!

Azzina — December 27, 2012 @ 1:23 am

It seems so simple to prepare, but the illustration made more comfortable to prepare the recipe. Great work.

cheese recipes

Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen — December 27, 2012 @ 3:57 am

This sounds like just my style, I adore champagne and ginger!

Brian @ A Thought For Food — December 27, 2012 @ 7:00 am

Let me just open my mouth and let you ladle that punch in! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Laura (Tutti Dolci) — December 27, 2012 @ 2:47 pm

How beautiful and festive, I love the sugared rim!

Marly — December 27, 2012 @ 4:52 pm

This may be the ONLY way to drink champagne!!!

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel — December 27, 2012 @ 7:47 pm

Sommer, this punch is kinda sorta PERFECT. And I want to bathe in it. The end.

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — December 27, 2012 @ 10:35 pm

Can I come to your house for NYE?! I love champagne!

katie — December 28, 2012 @ 10:31 am

This looks and sounds amazing. I love how you add all the fresh fruits and spices into your champagne punch!

Paula - bell'alimento — December 28, 2012 @ 2:05 pm

I love a good punch Sommer!

Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles — December 28, 2012 @ 9:09 pm

Ooooo…I’m loving the ginger in this! I’m always about punch and champagne, so this would suit me perfectly.

Angie — December 29, 2012 @ 6:39 am

This is perfect!

Anita at Hungry Couple — December 29, 2012 @ 8:08 am

We’re also going to be staying in and enjoying some refreshing beverages. :) Beautiful drink. I haven’t even had breakfast yet and I already want some…;)

Chris — December 30, 2012 @ 9:07 am

Ohhh that rim trick – I am stealing that from you to use this summer for tropical drinks. Love that hint of ginger.

Happy New Years to you and your family!

The Food Hound — December 31, 2012 @ 1:55 pm

This looks SO amazing, and it would be perfect for a bridal/baby shower, too! We do the same thing for New Year’s. Maybe this means I’m old, but I don’t care :) I’d rather eat steak au poivre (our ritual NYE dinner) and drink in my sweats than be out in skimpy clothing in the cold. It doesn’t make me old, it makes me smart, ha! Thanks for this! Bookmarking it, for sure!

1. Pingback: Thanksgiving Menu: Appetizers + Cocktails - Handcrafted Parties

2. Pingback: 42 Cocktails for the Holiday | Savvy Eats

3. Pingback: 30+ Amazing and Fun Holiday Cocktails - A Family Feast

4. Pingback: Champagne Apple Punch | The PERFECT Party Cocktail | FamilyFreshCooking.com — Family Fresh Cooking

5. Pingback: Top 10 Best Cocktails - Top Inspired