celebrate in simple style with:

Brilliant Bundt Cakes

buy now!

Spooky Worm Halloween Jello

Worm Nests Halloween Jello Treats - Looks disgusting, tastes delicious! #halloweenNothing says creepy like a Halloween dessert filled with spider and worm eggs. This simple Halloween Jello Treat is a disgustingly charming way to ring in the spirit of BOO!

Halloween Dessert: Worm and Spider Nest Treats | ASpicyPerspective.com #Halloween #KidFriendly #Jello

The more menacing a Halloween Dessert looks, the more my kids love it!

Around here, I think of the grossest, most disturbing things, like a nest with thousands of tiny spiders hatching out of eggs, make a treat out of it, and win the mommy of the year award.

It’s twisted.

Halloween Jello Worm and Spider Nest Treats | ASpicyPerspective.com #Halloween #KidFriendly #Jello

These Halloween Jello Treats are rated top-notch by my nine and seven year old this year.

After all, what kid doesn’t like Jello and gummy worms?

Large tapioca pearls make this repellent Worm and Spider Treat a real show-stopper.

Spider Treat | ASpicyPerspective.com #Halloween #KidFriendly #Jello

Simply, soak the tapioca overnight as instructed on the package. Choose Halloween jello colors and prepare the jello according to the package instructions.

How to make Halloween Dessert | ASpicyPerspective.com #Halloween #KidFriendly #Jello

Placed gummy worms and spiders in the bottoms of small cups.

How to make Halloween Worm and Spider Nest Treats | ASpicyPerspective.com #Halloween #KidFriendly #Jello

Spoon tapioca over the critters and pour the liquid jello over the top.

Halloween Jello | ASpicyPerspective.com #Halloween #KidFriendly #Jello

Refrigerate. Un-mold. Serve.

Halloween Jello Spider Treat | ASpicyPerspective.com #Halloween #KidFriendly #Jello

A jiggling worm and spider Halloween Jello treat that is both creepy and creative!

Halloween Jello Treats | ASpicyPerspective.com #Halloween #KidFriendly #Jello

Tons of spooky fun for very little work.

In fact, this Halloween dessert is really more of a food craft, than a recipe. But who cares as long as the little goblins are enjoying it!

Spooky Worm Halloween Jello

Yield: 12 servings

Prep Time:10 minutes active time

Halloween Jello worm and spider nests.

• 2 - small boxes of jello (green and purple)
  • 1 - 7 ounces package of large pearl tapioca
  • 1 package gummy worms
  • plastic or candy spiders (if plastic, make sure they are food safe)

1. Soak the tapioca in water overnight according the the package instructions. Drain.
  2. Prepare the boxes of jello in two separate containers, according to the package instructions. Place 2-3 gummy worms or spiders in the bottom of 10-12 small cups. Spoon the tapioca pearls over the worms and spiders evenly.
  3. Carefully pour the jello over the tapioca. Pour the green over 5-6 cups and the purple over the remaining 5-6 cups. Move to the refrigerator and chill to set, 1-2 hours until set.
  4. To un-mold, run a sharp knife around the rim of each jello cup. Set the bottoms of the jello cups in a tray of hot water for 30+ seconds. Flip onto a plate.

Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!

More Ghoulish Treats:

Creepy Cake Truffles

Spooky Bark

Pumpkin Snap Milkshakes

Chocolate Peanut Butter Spider Cookies

Melted Witch Push Up Pops ~ Cookies and Cups

Spider Cakes ~ Not Martha

Spider Peanut Butter Blossoms ~ Confessions of a Cookbook Queen

You May Also Like...

52 Responses to “Spooky Worm Halloween Jello”

1. Belinda @zomppaposted October 10, 2012 at 4:06 am

That is so fun!! It’s awesome for ANY age!!

2. Robyn Stone | Add a Pinchposted October 10, 2012 at 5:17 am

Umm, that creeped me out, Sommer. You absolutely WIN at creating the coolest, creepiest, neatest Halloween food and treats. Your house has to be amazing for Halloween!

3. DessertForTwoposted October 10, 2012 at 5:46 am

Soooo creepy! I love it! :)

4. Kare @ Kitchen Treatyposted October 10, 2012 at 6:21 am

That literally just gave me chills! Uggghhhhh, I hate spiders. This – especially the tapioca eggs – is pretty dang brilliant for Halloween. And now I close this window, stat. ;)

5. shelly (cookies and cups)posted October 10, 2012 at 7:02 am

Those look totally gross, which means my kids will LOVE it!

6. marlaposted October 10, 2012 at 7:27 am

Spooky, FUN and whimsical ~ loving your Halloween treats!

7. Hayley @ The Domestic Rebelposted October 10, 2012 at 8:20 am

This is so gross, but in the best way. I love the tapioca pearl spider eggs. This is awesome!

8. Cassieposted October 10, 2012 at 8:44 am

I can imagine my nephews would have a blast with these. Too cute!!

9. Monetposted October 10, 2012 at 8:47 am

Another totally gross and totally fun Halloween dessert! Thank you for sharing. What a wonderful start to my Wednesday. I hope your day is full of good food and laughter. We need more of both in this world!

10. claire @ the realistic nutritionistposted October 10, 2012 at 10:47 am

Those are really gross. Like in a good way.

11. Brianposted October 10, 2012 at 11:24 am

So creepy! My mom would hate these if I ever showed up with them… She has an irrational fear of all things resembling spiders

12. Kate@Diethoodposted October 10, 2012 at 12:34 pm

I think you like Halloween. ;-) I am loving your creations!

13. Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love.posted October 10, 2012 at 1:12 pm

Seriously, these are soooo creepy! I love it!!

14. Colette @ JFF!posted October 10, 2012 at 1:28 pm

I’m promoting this as another fun one to do w the kids!

15. Laura (Tutti Dolci)posted October 10, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Such a creative idea, Sommer! Kids would go crazy over these for Halloween!

16. Ashleyposted October 10, 2012 at 3:12 pm

haha this is actually REALLY creepy looking. Well done!!!

17. Aldy @ Al Dente Gourmetposted October 10, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Loving your spooky Halloween treats :)

Hugs <3

18. Anita at Hungry Coupleposted October 10, 2012 at 3:41 pm

Creepy! I like it. :)

19. Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppersposted October 10, 2012 at 4:21 pm

These totally look gross and scary! I love it! Perfect for Halloween! I don’t like anything that has spiders, gives me the creeps! I have to make this! :)

20. Lizposted October 10, 2012 at 4:30 pm

So cute! Now I wish (only a little bit ;)) that I still had little kids! Such a fun idea~

21. carolinaheartstringsposted October 10, 2012 at 6:26 pm

That is so awesome. I love it. You are so creative. Stop by. We are having a wonderful giveaway this week that I think you will love.

22. Elizabeth @Food Ramblingsposted October 10, 2012 at 6:34 pm

These look AWESOME! I don’t know if I would eat them…j/k!

23. Rachel @ Baked by Rachelposted October 10, 2012 at 6:53 pm

Creeeepy!! lol

24. Jehancancookposted October 10, 2012 at 8:05 pm

Whoa…no thank you but it is quite festive! I’m too afraid to eat it lol

25. Toni | Boulder Locavoreposted October 10, 2012 at 9:03 pm

You are too much! I have a subscription to your blog which did not deliver this (I think it was just too scary!) but was riveted when seeing it on Tastespotting suspecting it was YOU! Fantastically whimsical and completely creepy. You my dear are a holiday treat visionary!

26. Kelly Senyei (Just a Taste)posted October 11, 2012 at 7:21 am

GENIUS! I absolutely love this idea and spotted your critters on TasteSpotting :)

27. Kiersten @ Oh My Veggiesposted October 11, 2012 at 7:26 am

The tapioca pearls are a stroke of genius. I would have been all over these when I was a kid!

28. Shawn @ I Wash...You Dryposted October 11, 2012 at 9:03 am

Brilliant! And yet extremely creepy and I don’t know if I want that in my house… but BRILLIANT!! ;)

29. Jen @ Savory SImpleposted October 11, 2012 at 10:41 am

Ha, this is so clever!

30. Valentina @ The Baking Fairyposted October 11, 2012 at 12:32 pm

Oh my goodness! These are crazy… and so gross! I have an irrational disgust towards spiders, so I don’t think I could get over it and eat the tapioca bug eggs haha :) But I am sure my nanny kids would love them! Thanks for sharing. :)

31. Angieposted October 11, 2012 at 3:24 pm

Adorable!

32. Magdaposted October 11, 2012 at 4:06 pm

Hello :) My daughter would love this, I can see that Halloween approaches :) What an idea, I am really surprised :)

33. Kari@Loaves and Dishesposted October 11, 2012 at 4:28 pm

This dessert really is spooky, creepy, gross, everything that kids love! Very creative.

34. Kiran @ KiranTarun.composted October 11, 2012 at 10:43 pm

Oh my, that looks creepy and so appropriate for Halloween ;)

35. Jeanetteposted October 12, 2012 at 1:37 pm

What a fun idea using tapioca!

36. Pingback: The ULTIMATE Halloween Spooktacular Roundup!! | The Domestic Rebel

37. Pingback: 15 Kid-Friendly Halloween Treats! - A Sweet Baker

38. Pingback: 50 Halloween Treats

39. Pingback: 24 Cute and Yummy Halloween Treats | Not So Idle Hands

40. Pingback: 5 Deliciously Creep Halloween Recipes « The New 103.7 – Charlotte's Home For Country's Hottest Hits

41. Pingback: 5 Deliciously Creep Halloween Recipes « Kiss 95.1 – Charlotte’s #1 Hit Music Station

42. Pingback: 5 Deliciously Creep Halloween Recipes « K 104.7 FM

43. Pingback: Gross Out Your Guests

44. Pingback: 5 Deliciously Creepy Halloween Recipes « BUZ'N @ 102.9 – New BUZ'N Country

45. Pingback: 5 Deliciously Creepy Halloween Recipes « 104.1 Jack FM

46. Pingback: 28 Creepy Treats Perfect For Halloween | TokNok Multi Social Blogging Solutions

47. Pingback: 10 Spooky Halloween Desserts | UrbanMoms