Cake Truffles are pure fun, but these creepy crawly cake truffles cause Halloween Dessert making to be wickedly entertaining!
Every October we spend a substantial amount of our family time in the kitchen, brewing up ghoulish treats for Halloween.
As far as the kids are concerned, the spookier or more grotesque our Halloween dessert looks, the better. That is, as long as they are tasty on the inside.
I like to look for inspiring ghastly-goodies online. This year McCormick Spices is offering a hoard of devilish treats to tempt your taste buds on their website.
We tried these Creepy Crawly Cake Truffles this week and were amazed at just how easy and fun they were to make.
These cake truffles are flavored with orange and marshmallow cream. They are then covered in colored candy melts, and decorated with candy to make grim and gruesome creatures of the night.
Creepy Crawly Cake Truffle are a Halloween dessert the kids will be proud to pass around. Our friends were all smiles upon receiving these frightful little bite of goodness.
Creepy Crawly Cake Truffles
Yield: 4 dozen
Prep Time:45 minutes
Cook Time:35 minutes
A spooky Halloween Dessert by McCormick Spices.
- 1 package white cake mix
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Orange Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Yellow Food Color
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Red Food Color
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- Confectionery coating wafers, such as Wilton® Candy Melts®
- Assorted candies for decorating
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package, adding orange extract and food colors. Bake as directed on package for 13x9-inch baking pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Crumble cake into large bowl. Add marshmallow creme; mix until well blended. Shape into 1-inch balls. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Melt coating wafers or chocolate as directed on package. Using a fork, dip 1 cake ball at a time into the confectionery coating or melted chocolate. Tap back of fork 2 or 3 times against edge of dish to allow excess to drip off. Place cake balls on wax paper-lined tray.
- Decorate as desired before the candy melts harden.
- Test Kitchen Tips: For 1 batch Cake Truffles, you will need about 1 pound confectionery coating wafers or chocolate.
- For further decorating tips, visit the McCormick Creepy Crawly Cake Truffle Official Recipe.
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
Also check out McCormick Spice’s Pinterest Boards!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by McCormick Spices. All opinions are my own.