August Meal Plan

Monthly Meal Plan

This month’s meal plan is loaded with summertime favorites and garden goodies. I’m planning 5 home-cooked meals each week, assuming you will eat out at least once and possibly have a left-over night.

I’ve also added a weekly treat for you sweet-tooths!

I hope this makes your grocery trips and cooking experience a little easier this month.

~ AUGUST MEAL PLAN ~

Week One:

Smoked Trout Salad with Avocado Dressing

Hawaiian Style Hot Dogs with Mango Salsa and Pineapple Mustard with Edamame and White Bean Salad

Garden Veggie Chili

Kung Pao Chicken Skewers with Beans and Slaw

Seared Scallops with Wilted Greens

Meyer Lemon and Black Pepper Italian Ice

Week Two:

BBQ Pork Chops with Carolina Mustard Sauce and Baked Beans

Grilled Greek Pizza

Roasted Fish Bruschetta

Chinese Hot Pots

Hanger Steak with Cilantro Mint Chimichurri with Blistered Yellow Squash and Tomatoes

Mango Lassi Popsicles

Chicken Chorizo Hash

Ethiopian Mesir Wat Stew

Vietnamese Banh Mi Sandwiches

Grilled Ham Steaks with Southern Kale Salad

Coffee Rubbed Baby Back Ribs with Damn Good Corn Pudding

Strawberry Basil Ice

21 Responses to “August Meal Plan”

Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies — August 15, 2012 @ 8:52 am

I love Ethiopian food and I’ve been trying to recreate some of my favorites at home since there’s not an Ethiopian restaurant around here. I’m so glad you linked to your Mesir Wat recipe! Definitely going to make that. :)

Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. — August 15, 2012 @ 10:11 am

wow how great Sommer! I am printing some these out now

Cassie — August 15, 2012 @ 11:41 am

Great idea. I plan meals weekly but usually can’t get to more than that at a time. I can’t wait to try your chicken tortilla soup – it’s a favorite of mine!

Tara @ Unsophisticook — August 15, 2012 @ 12:07 pm

I’m ready to start meal planning now that school starts next week. Definitely will refer to your ideas here!

Paula - bell'alimento — August 15, 2012 @ 12:59 pm

You are so organized! I do well if I know what I’m cooking tomorrow night ; ) xoxo

Cupcake and Talk — August 15, 2012 @ 2:31 pm

What a great selection of recipes. Thank you.
    I already saved some to my menu.

Christy @ Confessions of a Culinary Diva — August 15, 2012 @ 2:41 pm

What a great selection of recipes and meal planning!

Laura (Tutti Dolci) — August 15, 2012 @ 2:45 pm

Great selection of recipes, those rhubarb muffins are jumping out at me for a scrumptious breakfast!

MIss @ Miss in the Kitchen — August 15, 2012 @ 4:00 pm

A monthly meal plan is such a great idea and this is some amazing food!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — August 15, 2012 @ 4:27 pm

What a great month! Everything you planned sounds delicious!!

Aggie — August 15, 2012 @ 4:31 pm

That Ethiopian stew looks so so good Sommer…love everything on the menu! I menu planned this week, and have to say so far it’s been a success. Makes things easier for sure!

Chris — August 15, 2012 @ 4:56 pm

Heck….I’m lucky if I can keep a meal plan through a weekend ;)

This is a great service that you do for your readers, Sommer, I’m very impressed.

Aldy @ Al Dente Gourmet — August 15, 2012 @ 10:20 pm

Such a great idea, Sommer! And I’m loving that Grilled Greek Pizza :)

Hugs <3

Donna — August 15, 2012 @ 10:37 pm

Can I come live with you?

Jersey girl cooks — August 16, 2012 @ 6:16 am

I love all your meal ideas. I need to plan dinner better as I wing it too many nights. You are an inspiration.

Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch — August 16, 2012 @ 6:50 am

Whoa! I do believe I can be there in a few hours – just in time for supper tonight!

Jeanette — August 16, 2012 @ 6:56 am

I’m moving in with you! Love this meal planning Sommer – I need to do more of this with the school year starting.

renee — August 16, 2012 @ 4:26 pm

What creative menu planning. Thanks for sharing so many new to me recipes!

Lisa | With Style and Grace — August 16, 2012 @ 5:11 pm

what a great roundup of recipes! I’ve already got a few bookmarked to try – thank you!

TidyMom — August 18, 2012 @ 7:58 am

I’ve been in such a “what to make for dinner” funk……..this meal plan is wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing Sommer!

Russell at Chasing Delicious — August 27, 2012 @ 11:54 am

Umm yum! I wish I was this organized. Looks like you’re going to have a scrumptious month.