Homemade brownies. The best brownie recipe. Fudge brownie recipe. Caramel brownies. Salted caramel brownies. Whatever you decide to call them, these brownies are epic.
Only certain things in life deserve the term epic.
They must be earth-shattering, or at the very least, haunting and poetic. The parting of the Red Sea, the battle at Normandy, “Odyssey” written by Homer… these homemade brownies.
A discretely-caramel brownie that is timeless, unforgettable, an immediate classic.
When you take your first bite, you will hear Celine Dion bellowing “My Heart Will Go On” and a bare-chested Gerard Butler will burst out of a cloud of murky haze, sword in tow.
Like a dark alluring story with a bitter-sweet ending, these homemade brownies will draw you in and captivate your attention.
This is the most dense, fudgy, chocolatey, silky, melt-in-your-mouth, rich, buttery, desperately-need-a-glass-of-milk fudge brownie recipe you’ve ever tasted. And certainly not cakey.
So good I had to make you a diagram.
You can actually see the fudginess. (Yes, I’m positive that’s a word.)
One more thing, the underlying flavor of dulce de leche, is not for show, or to seem “salted caramel brownie” trendy. This caramel is subtlety working its magic in the dark shadows. Deepening the flavor, providing extra moisture.
This is the best brownie recipe I’ve ever made. And I would never lie about homemade brownies.
This fudge brownie recipe will give your regular brownie recipe a complex. Count on it.
Yield: 24 brownies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 pound dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 sticks unsalted butter (1 1/2 cups)
- 13 ounce can dulce de leche
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 6 large eggs
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (or could be toffee bits, crushed oreos, mint chips etc.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9X13 baking dish and set aside.
- Melt the butter, 1 pound of chocolate, and dulce de leche together in the microwave or oven a double-boiler. If melting in the microwave, heat for 60 seconds, then stir. Repeat in 30 second increments, if needed. Allow to cool a little.
- Mix flour, cocoa, salt, and coffee granules together in a separate bowl.
- Whisk eggs, sugar and vanilla into the chocolate mixture. Then slowly incorporate the dry mixture ad whisk until just combined. Finally add the chocolate chips and chopped nuts, stir well.
- Pour the caramel brownie batter into the dish and bake for 35-45 minutes. DO NOT OVER BAKE. Check at 35 minutes with a toothpick. The moment the toothpick comes out mostly clean, remove from the oven. The brownies continue to cook a little as they're cooling, but you don’t want them to be overcooked.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely. Cut into 12 large, 18 medium, or 24 small squares. Clean the knife with a paper towel in between cuts to insure the edges are as smooth as possible. Carefully remove the homemade brownies with a spatula.
Struggle with baking? Read this article on Common Baking Issues!
Dark Chocolate Cherry Mousse Cake ~ Passionate About Baking
Peanut Butter Fudge Coffee Ice Cream Cupcakes ~ How Sweet Eats
Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Cookies ~ Tartlette
SUBSCRIBE below to receive new recipes by email + Our FREE eCookbook Top 25 Recipes!
78 Responses to “Homemade Brownies”
Pingback: The 10 Best Brownies Recipes On The Web