Grilled Greek Pizza
Grilled Greek Pizza: Light and healthy Greek Pizza cooked on the grill! This easy grilled pizza is loaded with fresh ingredients and cooks up in minutes. It’s a fabulous mid-week meal that can hold it’s own on the weekend.
There are only a few things in life I love more than the smell of yeasty dough bubbling up while baking. The aroma floods my mind with countless memories, comforting and warm.
Memories of mom’s homemade bread from a live yeasty starter. Memories and tender buttery yeast rolls, as soft as clouds. Memories of clumsily learning to make pizza from scratch as a newlywed.
We tend to associate dough with heavy calorie-laden meals. Yet today’s Greek pizza is lean-and-mean with fresh raw veggies and just a sprinkling of feta cheese.
I love grilled pizza in any form, but this Greek pizza is at the top of my list this summer.
Loaded with creamy hummus, arugula, fresh garden tomatoes, briny olives, a touch of feta, and a drizzle of good olive oil, I’m going Greek any chance I get.
The foundation of any good grilled pizza is the dough. I make it simple with just 6 ingredients: yeast, water, sugar, bread flour, olive oil and sea salt.
The most important thing to remember about making quality pizza dough is use GOOD ingredients. Make sure your yeast hasn’t been sitting around too long, and use the best olive oil and sea salt you can get your hands on.
Although homemade pizza dough is amazing, if you’re in a hurry you can buy pizza dough in the freezer section or sometimes the deli section of your grocery store.
Grill the pizza dough on hot grilling stones with load with hummus and fresh ingredients. Then drizzle the top with olive oil to bring out the flavors.
This Grilled Greek Pizza recipe, is a winner any time of year.
Yield: 2 - 12 inch pizzas
Prep Time: 30 minutes active time
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Grilled Greek Pizza
Grilled Pizza layered with hummus, fresh veggies, olives and feta.
- 1 pound pizza dough, homemade recipe (or buy if in a hurry)
- 1 pound hummus, any variety
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 2/3 cup good pitted Greek olives
- 2/3 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Drizzle of good olive oil
- Cut the dough in half. Then using a well-floured rolling pin, roll each piece of dough out into 12 inch circles. Place the dough circles on parchment paper. Lightly oil the tops and let them rest while the grill is heating.
- Preheat the grill to high. Meanwhile prepare the pizza toppings.
- One at a time, Flip the dough circles onto the grill. Grill for 2-3 minutes per side.
- One both pizza crusts are grilled, spread 8 ounce of hummus on each crust. Then top both with fresh arugula, tomatoes, olives, feta and drizzle with a little olive oil. Serve warm.
SUBSCRIBE below to receive new recipes by email + Our FREE eCookbook Top 25 Recipes!
332 Responses to “Grilled Greek Pizza”
Pingback: Greek Pizza – Grilled Pizza — A Spicy Perspective « healthy pizza recipes