Corned Beef Hash with Creamy Horseradish Sauce
A rustic dish for dad, Corned Beef Hash with Horseradish Cream Sauce. This ridiculously easy corned beef hash recipe is the perfect way to honor pops on his special day. Remember, it’s less than 2 weeks away!
Men are such funny creatures.
I used to think they were the way they were, due to social conditioning. You know, rough dad’s produced robust sons and mild-mannered dad’s produced meek sons.
Then my son was born swinging his fists and I had to rethink my notion. As a toddler, long before he ever saw TV shows or movies with any violence, he would walk around the house with his finger pointed out yelling, “Pshhh, pshhh!” As if he randomly thought, “Wouldn’t it be neat if something fast and dangerous shot straight out of my finger?” We didn’t own any play guns and he has no brothers. It’s unexplainable, but makes me smile to think of it.
I’m sure I will never understand the opposite-sex completely. Yet I stand in curious reverence of those that step into the daddy role wholeheartedly. They don’t parent like we girls do… we sometimes have a hard time with that.
They Parent Like a Man:
Tough yet tender.
Aggressive yet peaceable.
Rowdy yet respectful.
Fearless yet watchful.
Setting high expectations yet offering endless encouragement.
Letting the reigns out, as we terror-stricken mommies peek through hand-covered eyes.
I have a lot of admiration for good daddies.
I’m fortunate to be married to a very good daddy and know exactly how to make him smile Father’s Day morning.
Imagine two super cute, highly intelligent, bright-eyed children carrying a breakfast tray with hot crispy corned beef hash, drizzled with silky horseradish cream sauce, a side of fluffy eggs, buttery sourdough toast, fruit and black coffee. Of course they hold the tray perfectly level and don’t drop a crumb. Then they sit blissfully holding hands and chattering sweetly to daddy.
Ok… we can at least get the breakfast right and I will carry the tray!
This Corned Beef Hash with Creamy Horseradish Sauce recipe is almost too good to be true. It’s easy to make and utterly irresistible with crunchy bites of salty corned beef, golden-brown potatoes and smooth creamy sauce with a kick. The horseradish cream sauce with fresh dill provides a touch of heat and freshness that is hard to beat.
For convenience, you can use thick cut corned beef from the deli and frozen hash brown potatoes. This is a hearty breakfast dish, but also makes a wonderful dinner.
Corned Beef Hash with Creamy Horseradish Sauce will make dad feel like a king!
Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 24 minutes
Corned Beef Hash with Horseradish Cream Sauce
For the Horseradish Cream Sauce:
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Salt and Pepper
For the Corned Beef Hash Recipe:
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 - 1/2 inch slabs corned beef (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 1/2 pounds. frozen southern style hash browns
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Set the hash browns out the thaw. Then cut the corned beef into 1/2 inch cubes.
- For the Horseradish Cream Sauce: Place all the ingredients in a medium bowl. Add 1/4 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Whisk until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- For the Corned Beef Hash: Place a large 12-14 inch skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 Tb. of butter and 1 Tb. of oil to the skillet. Add the corned beef and saute for 5-8 minutes, turning regularly, until edges are slightly crispy.
- Remove the corned beef with a slotted spoon. Then add the onion and saute for 2 minutes. Add the remaining oil and butter and potatoes. Salt and pepper generously. Saute for another 10-14 minutes until the potatoes are brown around the edges and cooked through. Stir regularly.
- Spoon the corned beef back into the skillet and toss.
- Serve warm with Horseradish Cream Sauce drizzled over the top and eggs cooked to order on the side.
More Dishes for Dad:
Oven Fried Pickles with Buttermilk Ranch ~ Skinny Taste
Roasted Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Alfredo ~ Lauren’s Latest
Smoked Brisket Burgers ~ Pass the Sushi
SUBSCRIBE below to receive new recipes by email + Our FREE eCookbook Top 25 Recipes!
29 Responses to “Corned Beef Hash with Creamy Horseradish Sauce”
Pingback: Mocha Chip Pancakes with Espresso Syrup
Pingback: Easy Brunch Recipes — Eat Well 101
Pingback: Corned Beef Ideas | Tasty Kitchen Ideas