Need an easy, yet impressive, appetizer or a sensational side dish? Look no further. This multitasking Roasted Cauliflower Recipe with bold and creamy Tahini Dressing will knock your socks right off.
Cauliflower and Good Intentions:
Bear with me while I philosophize for a sec… I’ve been thinking lately about the concept of perception.
Perception is reality. That is, a person’s perception is their view of reality. If I see a situation in a certain way, that is the truth as far as I know it. It remains the truth, unless at some point my eyes are opened to another possibility.
Under most circumstances, it doesn’t matter what my perception is. We all hold various opinions and most of us are happy enough to let others have theirs. Yet a problem lies when we have a perception that could be harmful to others, or others have a certain view that is harmful to us.
The “good intentions” of others can be dangerous. They can throw you off course, setting you on a path you were not meant to take. Listening to someone’s perception of who you are, instead of listening to your heart, leads to many missed opportunities. Think of it in the light of peer pressure. How many people have made stupid decisions because of what their friends said or did?
It’s a delicate balance to stay open-minded and learn from others, yet not allow people influence important life decisions.
Ya know, cauliflower could be your missed opportunity. (It’s a stretch, but stay with me.)
Cauliflower is one of those vegetables that usually gets a bad rap. It’s a veggie that most people think they don’t like, even if they haven’t tried it since the grade-school cafeteria medley of overcooked carrots, broccoli and cauliflower florets.
Your perception of cauliflower may need a little “tweaking” and I would like to offer you the golden key to the door of cauliflower deliciousness.
This roasted cauliflower recipe is A-MAZING.
Tender cauliflower florets with crisp smoky edges are drizzled in a zesty creamy tahini dressing.
The tahini dressing is a lovely amalgamation of nutty sesame paste, sumac and fresh dill. Sumac, a popular middle-eastern spice, offers an earthy citrus flavor that brightens the tahini and compliments the dill. With a quick whiz in the blender the dressing is ready for drizzling or dipping.
This Roasted Cauliflower Recipe with Tahini Dressing is a sure-thing. It works as an elegant first course, a casual party snack, or a delightful side dish with any protein. I would bet money your pickiest veggie eater could be swayed by this roasted cauliflower recipe!
Roasted Cauliflower Recipe with Tahini Dressing
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:30 minutes
For the Roasted Cauliflower Recipe:
- 2 heads cauliflower, cored and cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the Tahini Dressing:
- 1/4 cup Tahini sesame paste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground sumac
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spread the cauliflower florets on a rimmed baking sheet, in a single layer. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with salt and shake the pan to coat with oil and salt.
- Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Shake the pan once or twice to turn the florets. Flip the stubborn florets with tongs.
- Meanwhile place all the ingredients for the tahini dressing in a blender. Puree until smooth. If the dressing is too thick, add another tablespoon, or two, of water.
- Serve the roasted cauliflower warm. Either drizzle the tahini dressing over the top or place in a bowl for dipping.
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
More Sensational Starters:
Honey Prosciutto Flatbread ~ She Wears Many Hats
Spicy Queso Fresco Guacamole ~ What’s Gaby Cooking
Avocado Fries with Agave-Chipotle Dip ~ Cooking on the Weekends
Find more on my Appetizer Pinterest Board!