Shrimp Tacos Recipe with Ranchero Sauce
Shrimp Tacos Recipe with Ranchero Sauce. Grilling season is upon us. This easy Shrimp Taco Recipe loaded with fresh produce and drizzled with creamy Ranchero Sauce is a great way to get the ball rolling.
Aging. It’s not all bad.
Yes, there is the occasional discovery of a gray hair, or a once cute freckle-turned sun spot. There is the sporadic ache in the back when you sit up in bed. …Things a 30-something is not really prepared for. Developments we believe other people will experience, but surely not us.
Yet there are good things about growing older: Life-experiences. Beautiful memories that bring a tear to the eye every time your mind wonders. Depth and wisdom earned through unexpected trial. Confidence.
When you’re young, you tend to think that as you age you will lose your sense of confidence when your body passes it’s peak. I find the exact opposite is the more common occurrence.
Every year I’m alive, I gain a bit more self-confidence. Every year I’m alive, I care a little bit less about what people think.
You stop making decisions based on what your peers will say about you. You stop caring whether people will take your actions and words the wrong way. Because you no longer judge other people based on their appearance, you no longer worry if they judge you.
Age offers a freedom that is unachievable in youth. Age allows you to focus on what’s important in life and throw off superficial distractions. Growing older is a beautiful thing.
I like aging; I think I’ll keep doing it. That doesn’t mean I plan to throw away my wrinkle cream.
This Shrimp Tacos Recipe is a quick and delightful meal for any night of the week. The shrimp are quickly grilled with a sprinkling of hot smoked paprika, then drizzled with a zesty and creamy Ranchero Sauce.
The Ranchero sauce is easy to whip up and and offers a bright, bold flavor. It is fabulous on shrimp, but also tasty on chicken, beef and pork.
Although the shrimp and Ranchero Sauce are completely delicious, the highlight of this recipe is in the fixin’s. This shrimp taco recipe is loaded high with shredded red cabbage, grilled corn, avocado and grapes.
That’s right, I said GRAPES. Remember, I’m getting older, so I don’t care what ya’ll think anymore. *wink*
No really, the grapes on this Shrimp Tacos Recipe provide a cool, sweet pop that is the perfect complement to the smokey grilled shrimp and spicy smooth Ranchero Sauce. The flavors and textures in these shrimp tacos are extremely well balanced.
A heavenly meal at any age.
Yield: 8 tacos
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Shrimp Tacos Recipe with Ranchero Sauce
For the Ranchero Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 shallot, peeled and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced (use half is sensitive to heat)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 whole jarred roasted red pepper, chopped (or homemade)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 cup stock, any variety
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
For the Shrimp Taco Recipe:
- 1 pound raw jumbo shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- hot smoked paprika
- salt and pepper
- 3 corn cobs, shucked and cleaned
- 1 1/2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 2 avocados, chopped
- Tortillas, 16 corn or 8 wheat
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. For the Ranchero Sauce: Add the oil to a sauce pan and place it over medium heat. Saute the onion, jalapeno, and garlic until soft--3-5 minutes.
- Add the red pepper, tomato paste, vinegar, sugar, cumin, stock and 1/4 tsp salt. Simmer for 10 minutes on low.
- Remove from heat and carefully pour into a blender. Add the cream and place the lid on the blender--sightly jarred so it can vent. Puree the sauce until smooth, then set aside.
- For the Shrimp Taco Recipe: Sprinkle the raw shrimp with salt pepper and paprika. Place the corn and the shrimp on the grill. Grill the shrimp for 2 minutes per side, until just pink. Grill the corn for 2 minutes per side, rotating to get char marks on all sides. When the corn has cooled a little, cut it off the cobs.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave. Place a bed of cabbage on the bottom of a tortilla, followed by 3-4 shrimp, corn, grapes and avocado. Drizzle with ranchero sauce and serve.
More Grill Recipes:
Black Bean and Sweet Potato Quesadillas ~ Eat Live Run
Grilled Chicken Sausage Pita Sandwiches ~ Aggie’s Kitchen
Grilled Endive Salad ~ Never Enough Thyme
SUBSCRIBE below to receive new recipes by email + Our FREE eCookbook Top 25 Recipes!
52 Responses to “Shrimp Tacos Recipe with Ranchero Sauce”
Pingback: Month of Meals: September 2013 - Mom Favorites
Pingback: #MonthofMeals April – Your Monthly Menu Collection