Goat Cheese Walnut Berry Bites & Earth Day Picnic Giveaway!
Plan the Perfect Picnic this year for Earth Day with easy Goat Cheese Walnut Berry Bites. Plus win a picnic basket full of goodies in honor of “Picnic for the Planet 2012″ April 22nd, the world’s largest and most thoughtful picnic.
Planning the perfect picnic does not have to be difficult if you stick with low-maintenance dishes with few ingredients. Plus low-maintenance often means earth-friendly. Earth Day is just a week away; how about celebrating this year with a picnic!
The Nature Conservancy hosts an annual celebration for Earth Day each year. Picnic for the Planet is a growing endeavor with 61 countries represented last year alone. It’s a strong reminder that we rely so heavily on the Earth for resources, it’s important to give back.
You can be a part of Picnic for the Planet by attending or hosting a picnic on April 22nd. Click here to find out more.
Here are some ideas to make your picnic a little GREENER:
- Use thermoses instead of individually bottled beverages.
- Pack reusable plates, utensils and cloth napkins from home–classy and earth-friendly.
- Serve foods that are seasonal, sustainable, and/or raw. Less cooking = less energy used.
- Walk or bike to your picnic location.
- Recycle or compost any waste.
- Use natural insect repellent. It’s better for your skin and the environment.
Goat Cheese Walnut Berry Bites are a sublime snack to serve at a spring cocktail party or pack for a picnic. Load your basket with English-style biscuits, fresh local berries, toasted walnuts, creamy local goat cheese, honey and a spreading knife. Then let the picnic-ers serve themselves. These are a wonderful compliment to a thermos of your favorite spring beverage.
Other items to add to your picnic basket:
- Creamy Red Pepper Spread
- Roasted Veggie Flat Bread
- Tabouli With Feta and Endive
- Fresh Peach and Basil Salad
- Chocolate Malt Brownie Parfaits in a Jar
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Goat Cheese Walnut Berry Bites
1 package English-style biscuits (or Carr's Whole Wheat Crackers)
6 oz. local goat cheese
1 pint fresh local berries
1 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
honey for drizzling
Spread the goat cheese over each cracker and sprinkle with berries and walnuts.
Drizzle with honey.
Cellini Dinnerware from Villeroy & Boch.
I’ve got a great GIVEAWAY today to celebrate Picnic for the Planet!
One lucky reader will receive a Coleman collapsible picnic basket loaded with: A Picnic for the Planet thermos, tee, picnic blanket, Reusable bamboo utensil set by To-Go Ware, Popchips, Peeled Snacks organic dried fruit, Green and Black chocolate bar, Burt’s Bees Chapstick and Back to Nature crackers and cookies.
TO ENTER: ~CLOSED~
Leave a comment describing how you try to be kind to our Earth.
For additional entries:
- Follow Nature.org on Facebook and/or Twitter.
- Follow A Spicy Perspective by: Email, RSS, Facebook, Pinterst and/or Twitter
- Pin on Pinterest
- Share on Facebook (with a link)
- Tweet This: Win an earth-friendly picnic basket & goodies from @AllHandsonEarth & @SpicyPerspectiv Enter Here: http://aspicyperspective.com/?p=12812 #picnic12 #earthday
(Share Buttons at the top or bottom of this post.)
Leave a separate comment for each entry ~ 11 possible entries per person!
This giveaway will close and winners will be randomly selected Earth Day, April 22nd. Winner: #200 Kristen
US Residents Only.
*Basket provided by The Nature Conservancy.
For additional chances to win this picnic basket check out these other sites this week:
Share This Post
Don't miss a thing! Subscribe now to receive posts by email.
229 Responses to “Goat Cheese Walnut Berry Bites & Earth Day Picnic Giveaway!”
Pingback: Earth Day Cookies | TidyMom
Pingback: Earth Day Picnic | i am baker
Pingback: cheesecake cookies | Created by Diane