Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Spread & Link Party

Roasted Red Pepper Dip

This quick, easy Roasted Red Pepper Dip is not only fantastic for dipping chips and veggies, it’s a zingy red pepper spread for bagels, toast, and sandwiches.

So, apparently I have a thing for red peppers. While writing out this recipe, I became blatantly aware of how many red pepper recipes I have on my site.

Let’s see, there’s:  Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Soup, Spicy Feta Dip with Roasted Red Peppers, Pollo Rojo, Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, Beer Chili with Red Bell Peppers, Stuffed Poblanos with Red Pepper Puree, Peach Chipotle Salsa, Grilled Fattoush, Strawberry Chipotle Jam and a handful of others.

So I like red peppers of all varieties, no big deal. I can stop anytime I want…

Red Pepper Spread

Pin It

This little snack started with a bag of bagels. I had bagels, I had cream cheese, but something was missing. What could possible make cream cheese even better? You guessed it–roasted reds, baby! A puree of cheese, roasted red peppers and spice makes a tangy red pepper spread that begs to be slathered over bread and veggies. It transforms a plain turkey sandwich into something AMAZING.

These are Udi’s Gluten Free Bagels and they are fabulous. They taste so authentic, I don’t even miss the wheat! If you are interested in learning more about Gluten Free Living, Check out Udi’s Online Community Page. You will find support to help you get started and lots of fantastic recipes.

Red Pepper Dip

Classic Farmhouse Dishes from Villeroy & Boch.

Yield: 12 servings

Roasted Red Pepper Dip

12 oz. cream cheese
12 oz. roasted red peppers, drained and dried
1 tsp. hot smoked paprika
1 clove garlic
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
3/4 tsp. salt

Add all the ingredients to a food processor.

Puree until smooth.

Happy Valentines Day!
Link Up with A Spicy Perspective Today ~
Add your favorite Sweet or SPICY Valentines Day recipe below.

49 Responses to “Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Spread & Link Party”

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — February 13, 2012 @ 5:03 am

This spread sounds so delicious!

Belinda @zomppa — February 13, 2012 @ 5:42 am

What a great spread – so many uses….

Ilke — February 13, 2012 @ 6:16 am

I love it! Happy Valentine’s Day by the way :) I should find a roaster pepper recipe and link to your party ..

Ilke — February 13, 2012 @ 6:19 am

Hmm, I tried to add but it does not show up, will wait for a while and see if the link shows up in an hour or so.

• Sommer — February 13th, 2012 @ 6:47 am

I see it Ilke! :)

Robin ~ PENSIEVE — February 13, 2012 @ 7:10 am

Hmmm…seems like this recipe will be good for a LOT of occasions! :)

Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. — February 13, 2012 @ 7:15 am

looks great! Happy Valentines Day

Liz — February 13, 2012 @ 7:28 am

Oh, how fabulous! I love red bell peppers…raw, roasted, and in dips! YUM.

leslie — February 13, 2012 @ 7:35 am

Ohhh, I am pretty sure I could live on Roasted Red Pepper dip!!!!!

the wicked noodle — February 13, 2012 @ 7:37 am

Those heart peppers are the cutest!! LOVE!!

I adore roasted red peppers. So many yummy things you can do with them!

Kulsum at JourneyKitchen — February 13, 2012 @ 8:18 am

I make something similar and absolutely love it!!

Katherine Martinelli — February 13, 2012 @ 9:30 am

Red peppers are my favorite! I love snacking on them raw, sautéing them, roasting them… This looks great. I’ve linked up my chocolate covered strawberries for v-day, thanks for hosting!

Aimee @ ShugarySweets — February 13, 2012 @ 9:43 am

I love red peppers too! Thanks for hosting a fun roundup, can’t wait to see what others share!

Bev Weidner — February 13, 2012 @ 9:44 am

DUUUULICIOUS.

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — February 13, 2012 @ 9:47 am

Yum, yum, yum. I bet this would be awesome with some goat cheese too! (Only saying that b/c I have like a tablespoon of cream cheese left in the fridge but tons of goat cheese!)

• Sommer — February 13th, 2012 @ 9:53 am

You know, half the time I make this with goat cheese! It makes it a little more tangy, but SO GOOD.

Cassie — February 13, 2012 @ 10:12 am

I love a thing for red peppers. This dip sounds fabulous!

Lacy @ NYCityEats — February 13, 2012 @ 10:20 am

Ooohh this sounds tasty & delicious! I’d love a roasted red pepper spread on my sandwiches & I love everything spicy! Looks yummy!

Carolyn — February 13, 2012 @ 10:21 am

The spread looks delish, Sommer! As with everything you make!

TidyMom — February 13, 2012 @ 10:31 am

Sounds delicious!!
    Thanks for letting me link up too Sommer!

Russell van Kraayenburg — February 13, 2012 @ 12:56 pm

I love red pepper soups and sauces. I’ve never tried it as a dip though. I’m going to have to change that because this is sounding scrumptious!

And what a fun linkup too!

Jeanette — February 13, 2012 @ 1:09 pm

Yum, love the hot smoked paprika – kicks this red pepper dip up a notch! Thanks for the linkup party – I linked up my Chocolate Walnut Pomegranate Clusters.

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — February 13, 2012 @ 1:16 pm

What a lovely roasted red pepper dip recipe, and beautiful photos to compliment it! I’m so glad to have found your blog, Sommer! Thanks for sharing.

Dmarie — February 13, 2012 @ 2:11 pm

love it that you’re doing a linky thingy, Spicy!!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — February 13, 2012 @ 2:13 pm

Your roasted red pepper dip is right up my alley! I’m going to make it today!!

Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen — February 13, 2012 @ 3:31 pm

Of all the things to love you’ve picked quite a healthy option! Love a good dip I can munch on with veggies during the day.

DessertForTwo — February 13, 2012 @ 4:18 pm

That link up widgit is the coolest thing I’ve ever seen! Wow!

I accidentally put ‘Dessert For Two’ instead of the name of my pancakes, which should be ‘Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Pancakes’. oops, sorry.

Happy V-Day! :)

Maureen — February 13, 2012 @ 4:49 pm

What a delicious spread and so easy to make!

Rebecca — February 13, 2012 @ 5:01 pm

I love that your dip is a savoury Valentine’s Day treat. I have a salty tooth rather than a sweet tooth, so the real indulgences and treats in my book are the savoury ones. Thank you for something gorgeous and new to try!!!

Feast on the Cheap — February 13, 2012 @ 5:34 pm

I’m totally with you on the red pepper thing…I just love them roasted. My husband actually hates roasted red pepps and I can’t – for the life of me – figure out what’s wrong with his tastebuds!

ilovecooking — February 13, 2012 @ 11:34 pm

I love dips that are made from roasted red pepper. This is a recipe you can use anytime of year regardless of holidays or seasons. It’s a perfect dip for chips, bagels, and vegetable fritters.

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Diane {Created by Diane} — February 13, 2012 @ 11:58 pm

that spread sounds delicious

Deanna — February 14, 2012 @ 12:53 am

This as the base for a veggie bagel sandwich? Oh my word YES!

Parenting Articles — February 14, 2012 @ 3:53 am

that looks fantastic!

Helene — February 14, 2012 @ 9:45 am

What a great dip. Happy Valentine Day!

Steve @ HPD — February 14, 2012 @ 12:14 pm

Slice of whole grain bread, schmear of this dip, handful of mixed greens and sprouts, a couple of cucumber and tomato slices … pretty good sandwich, yeah?

Laura (Tutti Dolci) — February 14, 2012 @ 12:17 pm

Can’t wait to make this – I love roasted red peppers! Sounds like the perfect spread for toast or to dip my favorite veggies in.

Kiri W. — February 14, 2012 @ 1:33 pm

Oh that looks so, so delicious! Love the little pepper heart, too! :)

Angie@Angie's Recipes — February 14, 2012 @ 2:00 pm

I wish I had picked up some bell peppers today…the dip looks great!

Grubarazzi (@Grubarazzi) — February 14, 2012 @ 3:56 pm

Yum! This looks so wonderful! And, of course, the pepper heart is adorable :)

RisaG — February 14, 2012 @ 9:17 pm

You definitely have a thing for red bell peppers. That is ok. I have a thing for chile peppers.

BTW, we just bought our first bag of Udi’s Bagels. Haven’t tried them yet. Will Friday morning. My son’s allergist suggested that we start getting gluten out of his life so I bought a package the other day. Can’t wait for him to try them. Glad for a good review. They are expensive, that is for sure.

Thanks for the Udi’s Community link.

Sanjeeta KK — February 14, 2012 @ 10:44 pm

Wow..you bowled me out with those red pepper recipes, Sommer….need to check each one out!

Ann — February 14, 2012 @ 10:47 pm

It looks FANTASTIC! i’m a HUGE fan of roasted peppers….not green – RED, YELLOW or ORANGE! YUM! Thanks for sharing and Happy Valentines Day!

naomi — February 15, 2012 @ 12:28 pm

This spread looks and sounds delish. I’m filing this in the to-make. I usually buy red pepper hummus, but I’m loving the cream cheese factor vs the grabanzo bean base.

Cara — February 16, 2012 @ 10:45 am

This looks great and I plan to use it for an Oscar party I am hosting. Thanks!

marla — February 21, 2012 @ 8:22 pm

Love this dip idea & fun to put it on bagels too!

Ann — February 23, 2012 @ 9:23 am

Thank you for this recipe – it is exactly what I was looking for to use as a spread on sandwiches. Today, my husband is taking a chicken sandwich to work that has this spread and thin-sliced cucumbers on it. I’m thinking this might also be good mixed into a pasta dish. I did add some mild Peppadews to the puree in order to give it just a hint of sweetness. Yum!

Denise — March 10, 2012 @ 10:26 am

What a great blend of wonderful flavors, sweet, spicy, smoky, all in a nice creamy dip. I will have to try this at my next party! As always, lovely photos.