celebrate in simple style with:

Brilliant Bundt Cakes

buy now!

Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Dip

This quick, easy Roasted Red Pepper Dip is not only fantastic for dipping chips and veggies, it’s a zingy red pepper spread for bagels, toast, and sandwiches.

Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Dip

So, apparently I have a thing for red peppers. While writing out this recipe, I became blatantly aware of how many red pepper recipes I have on my site.

Let’s see, there’s:  Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Soup, Spicy Feta Dip with Roasted Red Peppers, Pollo Rojo, Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, Beer Chili with Red Bell Peppers, Stuffed Poblanos with Red Pepper Puree, Peach Chipotle Salsa, Grilled Fattoush, Strawberry Chipotle Jam and a handful of others.

So I like red peppers of all varieties, no big deal. I can stop anytime I want…

Easy Roasted Red Pepper Dip

This Roasted Red Pepper Dip started out with a bag of bagels. I had bagels, I had cream cheese, but something was missing. What could possible make cream cheese even better? You guessed it–roasted reds, baby!

A puree of cheese, roasted red peppers and spice makes a tangyRoasted Red Pepper Dip that begs to be slathered over bread and veggies. It transforms a plain turkey sandwich into something AMAZING.

Roasted Red Pepper Dip

Add some red pepper slices in the shape of a heart on top of Roasted Red Pepper Dip on bread or english muffins, and you have a fun snack for Valentines Day!

Roasted Red Pepper Dip

Yield: 12 servings

Prep Time:5 minutes

• 12 ounce cream cheese
  • 12 ounce roasted red peppers, drained and dried
  • 1 teaspoon hot smoked paprika
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt

1. Add all the ingredients to a food processor.
  2. Puree until smooth.

Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!

You May Also Like...

49 Responses to “Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Dip”

1. Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugarposted February 13, 2012 at 5:03 am

This spread sounds so delicious!

2. Belinda @zomppaposted February 13, 2012 at 5:42 am

What a great spread – so many uses….

3. Ilkeposted February 13, 2012 at 6:16 am

I love it! Happy Valentine’s Day by the way :) I should find a roaster pepper recipe and link to your party ..

4. Ilkeposted February 13, 2012 at 6:19 am

Hmm, I tried to add but it does not show up, will wait for a while and see if the link shows up in an hour or so.

• Sommer — February 13th, 2012 @ 6:47 am

I see it Ilke! :)

5. raquel@eRecipe.composted February 13, 2012 at 6:20 am

A great dip for Valentine’s Day! =)

6. Robin ~ PENSIEVEposted February 13, 2012 at 7:10 am

Hmmm…seems like this recipe will be good for a LOT of occasions! :)

7. Alison @ Ingredients, Inc.posted February 13, 2012 at 7:15 am

looks great! Happy Valentines Day

8. Lizposted February 13, 2012 at 7:28 am

Oh, how fabulous! I love red bell peppers…raw, roasted, and in dips! YUM.

9. leslieposted February 13, 2012 at 7:35 am

Ohhh, I am pretty sure I could live on Roasted Red Pepper dip!!!!!

10. the wicked noodleposted February 13, 2012 at 7:37 am

Those heart peppers are the cutest!! LOVE!!

I adore roasted red peppers. So many yummy things you can do with them!

11. Kulsum at JourneyKitchenposted February 13, 2012 at 8:18 am

I make something similar and absolutely love it!!

12. Katherine Martinelliposted February 13, 2012 at 9:30 am

Red peppers are my favorite! I love snacking on them raw, sautéing them, roasting them… This looks great. I’ve linked up my chocolate covered strawberries for v-day, thanks for hosting!

13. Aimee @ ShugarySweetsposted February 13, 2012 at 9:43 am

I love red peppers too! Thanks for hosting a fun roundup, can’t wait to see what others share!

14. Bev Weidnerposted February 13, 2012 at 9:44 am

DUUUULICIOUS.

15. Gina @ Running to the Kitchenposted February 13, 2012 at 9:47 am

Yum, yum, yum. I bet this would be awesome with some goat cheese too! (Only saying that b/c I have like a tablespoon of cream cheese left in the fridge but tons of goat cheese!)

• Sommer — February 13th, 2012 @ 9:53 am

You know, half the time I make this with goat cheese! It makes it a little more tangy, but SO GOOD.

16. Cassieposted February 13, 2012 at 10:12 am

I love a thing for red peppers. This dip sounds fabulous!

17. Lacy @ NYCityEatsposted February 13, 2012 at 10:20 am

Ooohh this sounds tasty & delicious! I’d love a roasted red pepper spread on my sandwiches & I love everything spicy! Looks yummy!

18. Carolynposted February 13, 2012 at 10:21 am

The spread looks delish, Sommer! As with everything you make!

19. TidyMomposted February 13, 2012 at 10:31 am

Sounds delicious!!
    Thanks for letting me link up too Sommer!

20. Russell van Kraayenburgposted February 13, 2012 at 12:56 pm

I love red pepper soups and sauces. I’ve never tried it as a dip though. I’m going to have to change that because this is sounding scrumptious!

And what a fun linkup too!

21. Jeanetteposted February 13, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Yum, love the hot smoked paprika – kicks this red pepper dip up a notch! Thanks for the linkup party – I linked up my Chocolate Walnut Pomegranate Clusters.

22. Georgia @ The Comfort of Cookingposted February 13, 2012 at 1:16 pm

What a lovely roasted red pepper dip recipe, and beautiful photos to compliment it! I’m so glad to have found your blog, Sommer! Thanks for sharing.

23. Dmarieposted February 13, 2012 at 2:11 pm

love it that you’re doing a linky thingy, Spicy!!

24. Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppersposted February 13, 2012 at 2:13 pm

Your roasted red pepper dip is right up my alley! I’m going to make it today!!

25. Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchenposted February 13, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Of all the things to love you’ve picked quite a healthy option! Love a good dip I can munch on with veggies during the day.

26. DessertForTwoposted February 13, 2012 at 4:18 pm

That link up widgit is the coolest thing I’ve ever seen! Wow!

I accidentally put ‘Dessert For Two’ instead of the name of my pancakes, which should be ‘Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Pancakes’. oops, sorry.

Happy V-Day! :)

27. Maureenposted February 13, 2012 at 4:49 pm

What a delicious spread and so easy to make!

28. Rebeccaposted February 13, 2012 at 5:01 pm

I love that your dip is a savoury Valentine’s Day treat. I have a salty tooth rather than a sweet tooth, so the real indulgences and treats in my book are the savoury ones. Thank you for something gorgeous and new to try!!!

29. Feast on the Cheapposted February 13, 2012 at 5:34 pm

I’m totally with you on the red pepper thing…I just love them roasted. My husband actually hates roasted red pepps and I can’t – for the life of me – figure out what’s wrong with his tastebuds!

30. ilovecookingposted February 13, 2012 at 11:34 pm

I love dips that are made from roasted red pepper. This is a recipe you can use anytime of year regardless of holidays or seasons. It’s a perfect dip for chips, bagels, and vegetable fritters.

Happy Valentine’s Day!

31. Diane {Created by Diane}posted February 13, 2012 at 11:58 pm

that spread sounds delicious

32. Deannaposted February 14, 2012 at 12:53 am

This as the base for a veggie bagel sandwich? Oh my word YES!

33. Parenting Articlesposted February 14, 2012 at 3:53 am

that looks fantastic!

34. Heleneposted February 14, 2012 at 9:45 am

What a great dip. Happy Valentine Day!

35. Steve @ HPDposted February 14, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Slice of whole grain bread, schmear of this dip, handful of mixed greens and sprouts, a couple of cucumber and tomato slices … pretty good sandwich, yeah?

36. Laura (Tutti Dolci)posted February 14, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Can’t wait to make this – I love roasted red peppers! Sounds like the perfect spread for toast or to dip my favorite veggies in.

37. Kiri W.posted February 14, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Oh that looks so, so delicious! Love the little pepper heart, too! :)

38. Angie@Angie's Recipesposted February 14, 2012 at 2:00 pm

I wish I had picked up some bell peppers today…the dip looks great!

39. Grubarazzi (@Grubarazzi)posted February 14, 2012 at 3:56 pm

Yum! This looks so wonderful! And, of course, the pepper heart is adorable :)

40. RisaGposted February 14, 2012 at 9:17 pm

You definitely have a thing for red bell peppers. That is ok. I have a thing for chile peppers.

BTW, we just bought our first bag of Udi’s Bagels. Haven’t tried them yet. Will Friday morning. My son’s allergist suggested that we start getting gluten out of his life so I bought a package the other day. Can’t wait for him to try them. Glad for a good review. They are expensive, that is for sure.

Thanks for the Udi’s Community link.

41. Sanjeeta KKposted February 14, 2012 at 10:44 pm

Wow..you bowled me out with those red pepper recipes, Sommer….need to check each one out!

42. Annposted February 14, 2012 at 10:47 pm

It looks FANTASTIC! i’m a HUGE fan of roasted peppers….not green – RED, YELLOW or ORANGE! YUM! Thanks for sharing and Happy Valentines Day!

43. naomiposted February 15, 2012 at 12:28 pm

This spread looks and sounds delish. I’m filing this in the to-make. I usually buy red pepper hummus, but I’m loving the cream cheese factor vs the grabanzo bean base.

44. Caraposted February 16, 2012 at 10:45 am

This looks great and I plan to use it for an Oscar party I am hosting. Thanks!

45. marlaposted February 21, 2012 at 8:22 pm

Love this dip idea & fun to put it on bagels too!

46. Annposted February 23, 2012 at 9:23 am

Thank you for this recipe – it is exactly what I was looking for to use as a spread on sandwiches. Today, my husband is taking a chicken sandwich to work that has this spread and thin-sliced cucumbers on it. I’m thinking this might also be good mixed into a pasta dish. I did add some mild Peppadews to the puree in order to give it just a hint of sweetness. Yum!

47. Deniseposted March 10, 2012 at 10:26 am

What a great blend of wonderful flavors, sweet, spicy, smoky, all in a nice creamy dip. I will have to try this at my next party! As always, lovely photos.