celebrate in simple style with:

Brilliant Bundt Cakes

buy now!

Spicy Feta Dip with Roasted Red Peppers

Feta Dip

Getting ready for your New Years party doesn’t have to be a headache with quick and delicious Feta Dip and toasted pita wedges. Make it in minutes, and watch this feta cheese dip disappear even faster.

December is a month of blood, sweat and tears as we struggle to find the perfect gifts, host distant relatives, and try to create elegant holiday dinner parties. Isn’t it time for a break? Certainly New Years Eve doesn’t have to be so hard! All you need is a couple bottles of bubbly and an assortment of party dishes.

EASY party dishes, that is.

How To Make Feta Dip

Spicy Feta Dip Recipe

I’m sure I’m not the only person who gets giddy over SIMPLE dishes that look and taste fancy. This Feta Dip is just the thing to get your party started off on the right foot. With just a quick buzz in the food processor you have a bold, rich, creamy feta cheese dip that tastes like the food of the gods.

This Greek masterpiece is loaded with garlic, fresh herbs and little bits of roasted red pepper. Drizzle it with good olive oil, sprinkle with a handful of Kalamata olives, and you have a recipe your friends will be begging for. …Mine do.

Feta Cheese DipGorgeous serving platter from Villeroy & Boch.

Feta Dip

Yield: 12 servings

Prep Time:10 minutes

1 lb. feta cheese, crumbled
½ lb. whole milk ricotta
2 cloves garlic, smashed
1/3 cup olive oil
Juice of one lemon
1 Tb. fresh chopped thyme
1 Tb. dried oregano
1+ tsp. crushed red pepper
1 large roasted red pepper (jarred or homemade)
Black Pepper to taste
Pita bread, cut into wedges or pita chips
Kalamata olives as garnish

Using a food processor, pulse the feta, ricotta, garlic, oil, lemon juice, herbs and crushed red pepper together until smooth.

Drain and dice the roasted red pepper.

Scoop the mixture into a bowl. Fold in the red pepper and ground black pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

To serve, drizzle another tablespoon of olive oil on top and serve with pita wedges and olives.

Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!

Feta Dip Recipe

Needing a few more easy New Years recipes? Take a look at these:

Hawaiian Ahi Poke

Savory Blueberry Ricotta Pizza

Eco Ceviche

Roasted Veggie Flatbread

Brie and Pear Tart

Gourmet Napa Style Potato Chips

Clams Casino

Apple Cheddar Palmiers

Strawberry Brie Tartlets

You May Also Like...

58 Responses to “Spicy Feta Dip with Roasted Red Peppers”

1. TC Aveyposted December 29, 2011 at 7:06 am

Yummy! My husband will love this! Thanks

2. Katarinaposted December 29, 2011 at 7:07 am

This looks delicious and great pictures!

3. Cassie @ Bake Your Dayposted December 29, 2011 at 8:24 am

This sounds wonderful, Sommer! I am a fool for feta and I love the flavors you used. Love your serving tray too!

4. Brian @ A Thought For Foodposted December 29, 2011 at 8:53 am

Fabulous dip! Thanks for sharing!

5. Jeanetteposted December 29, 2011 at 9:32 am

Love quick and easy recipes, especially after all the holiday cooking! Bet this dip would be good served slightly warmed too.

6. Bev Weidnerposted December 29, 2011 at 9:52 am

Oh good Lord YES.

7. Curtposted December 29, 2011 at 10:45 am

This looks delicious. Except I have to be honest. I have to leave the olives off.

8. Steve @ HPDposted December 29, 2011 at 11:12 am

for my money there aren’t too many things one can add roasted red peppers to. cheers!

9. Mariaposted December 29, 2011 at 11:22 am

Love this dip! Happy New Year!

10. Alison @ Ingredients, Inc.posted December 29, 2011 at 11:58 am

omg i can’t wait to make this! I think all my kids will like it too

11. Heather | Farmgirl Gourmetposted December 29, 2011 at 12:14 pm

This looks fantastically delicious. Happy New Year Sommer!!

12. jennifurlaposted December 29, 2011 at 12:21 pm

yes please, I could eat the whole bowl though!

13. Barbara | Creative Culinaryposted December 29, 2011 at 1:36 pm

Giddy is the right word…so ready for simple to make and lighter to eat. This looks both of those as well as beautiful to boot!

14. Kristi Rimkusposted December 29, 2011 at 2:02 pm

Fantastic and just in time for unexpected company tomorrow night. Have a wonderful New Year!

15. Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchenposted December 29, 2011 at 3:15 pm

That sounds like just my kind of dip, I love anything with feta in it! Wishing you a Happy New Year!

16. Laurenposted December 29, 2011 at 3:28 pm

Gorgeous! Looks so smooth and creamy, I could swim in it!

17. Asmitaposted December 29, 2011 at 3:38 pm

Wow, I love this dip. So creamy and delicious! Wishing you a very Happy New Year.

18. Russell at Chasing Deliciousposted December 29, 2011 at 6:07 pm

Mmmm. Look at all the scrumptiousness in this dip. You had me at feta!

19. Maris (In Good Taste)posted December 29, 2011 at 6:45 pm

I will be making this over the weekend!

20. kale @ tastes good to me!posted December 29, 2011 at 7:23 pm

The dip looks gorgeous! I love the addition of drizzled oil over top. Yum!!

21. foodwanderingsposted December 29, 2011 at 7:26 pm

First time to your site. This dip looks perefct. Seems everyone has these easy quick and dleicious dips for the New Year’s Eve table on their minds!! Happy 2012.

22. carolinaheartstringsposted December 29, 2011 at 7:30 pm

This dip looks delicious! I know it will be a favorite at our house. Come visit. We have a wonderful baked potato appetizer to share. Happy New Year to you and your family.

23. Jersey Girl Cooksposted December 29, 2011 at 7:43 pm

I am bookmarking this! I get something similar at a Greek restaurant and now I can make my own.

24. Emilyposted December 29, 2011 at 9:38 pm

This looks INCREDIBLE!

25. Culinary Cacheposted December 29, 2011 at 9:41 pm

Looks delicious & I love the use of fresh thyme in your dish!

26. DessertForTwoposted December 29, 2011 at 10:58 pm

This is stunning! And I bet it’s delicious!

27. sweetsugarbelleposted December 29, 2011 at 11:30 pm

I think this is my official favorite time of the foodie blogger year! APPETIZERS!!!!! And I have some thyme on hand that I just used for cookies! I’m in luck!!! This sounds amazing!!!

28. Krista {Budget Gourmet Mom}posted December 29, 2011 at 11:42 pm

Well, this needs to get in my belly soon. Forget about a party. I’d make this just for me!

29. Katieposted December 30, 2011 at 1:56 am

Love the dip! I always have feta, pimientos and Greek olives on hand….

30. Angie's Recipesposted December 30, 2011 at 2:39 am

A wonderful dip!
    Happy New Year!
    Angie

31. Wenderlyposted December 30, 2011 at 10:02 am

Oh this has my name all over it!!!!!

32. nanascrivposted December 30, 2011 at 1:28 pm

I love this recipe, I’m running out to buy the feta and ricotta right away. yummmmmmm

33. Andrea (questfordelish)posted December 30, 2011 at 3:20 pm

this look so delish. I am going to make it for New Years.

34. Brandon @ Kitchen Konfidenceposted December 30, 2011 at 4:41 pm

My mouth is watering right now. I love feta and this seems like a great combination!

35. Jen at The Three Little Pigletsposted December 30, 2011 at 7:42 pm

I love quick and easy this time of year!! Happy New Year!

36. betiposted December 30, 2011 at 9:01 pm

it sounds like a great idea for tomorrow! can’t wait to try it

37. Dmarieposted December 31, 2011 at 6:14 am

hey, great timing for this recipe! thx!

38. shannonposted December 31, 2011 at 1:50 pm

this looks so delicious! and right when i’m craving something besides cookies. i can’t wait to make this, thanks!

39. Erinposted December 31, 2011 at 11:34 pm

Yum! I can never have too many ideas for easy, delicious, appetizers. This one will be devoured by all.

40. Monetposted January 1, 2012 at 9:25 am

Easy and delicious and addictive. I love dips! Happy New Year Sweet Friend! Thank you for knowing how to make me smile with your words, your food, and your presence in my life. Blessings in the year to come!

41. Pattyposted January 1, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Wonderful dip, love the red pepper! Best wishes for a Happy New year;-)

42. marlaposted January 1, 2012 at 10:29 pm

Totally pinned this dip. Loving the mix of feta and ricotta cheese. Happy new year!

43. domesticallyineptposted January 2, 2012 at 6:54 am

Confession: I am totally obsessed with Feta Cheese….this is a new take on it for me! Never thought of making a dip out of it. Awesome!

44. Christina @ Sweet Pea's Kitchenposted January 2, 2012 at 5:45 pm

What a delicious looking dip! I love anything with feta cheese! Happy new year! :)

45. Aggieposted January 6, 2012 at 9:02 am

oh yes…I could eat this whole dish up myself!!! This looks amazing.

46. Marlyposted January 16, 2012 at 6:36 pm

Wow – love this recipe! Believe it or not, there is a vegan version for feta cheese. That means I’m going to have to get it…and give this recipe a try…and soon!

47. Pingback: Spicy feta | Cerusliving

48. Pingback: A Mom's Year » Oscars 2012 / Nominee-Inspired Party Menu

49. Joe Cposted February 15, 2012 at 9:40 am

This was EXCELLENT. I made it for Valentines Day as an appetizer. My girlfriend is Greek, and I’m Italian – so Feta and Ricotta… how can you go wrong. :) I divided the recipe in half and it was probably enough for 4 people to have as a light appetizer. It was a TAD heavy on the raw garlic, it tasted really good – but left me needing to chew some gum. LOL. I wouldn’t modify the recipe at all unless it was important to avoid garlic breath. If so – I’d cut the garlic down a little, or maybe even saute it for 30 seconds or so just to cut the raw garlic taste.

I served with whole wheat pitas, I cut into 6ths with a pizza cutter drizzled in olive oil and baked at 375 for about 5 minutes to serve it up.

Thanks so much for sharing – I will make this many times again.

50. Pingback: Weekly Menu Plan, Photo Fun, and Other Good Stuff! | The Spicy RD

51. Pingback: Ricotta-Feta Spread » Sizzlingveggies

52. Pingback: Saturday Morning Roundup - Party Dips! - I Wash You Dry

53. Taraposted November 3, 2012 at 8:19 pm

What brand would you consider “good” olive oil…I can never find one I like the taste of…thanks!

54. Shannon @ TheDrinkBuzzposted November 6, 2012 at 1:24 pm

This feta dip sounds absolutely delicious. I’m going to have to make this recipe soon, very soon :)

55. Laurenposted November 24, 2012 at 1:26 pm

I am hoping to try this for a Christmas dinner. I would have to leave out the roasted peppers due to allergy concerns. Do you have any suggestions for a replacement? Otherwise I will just omit them :)

56. Pingback: On My List: Feta : Oven Love

57. Pingback: Recipe: Garlic Feta Dip (aka The Party Starter) — Villeroy & Boch Blog

58. Pingback: 15 Different, Delicious FETA Recipes | Green Vision