celebrate in simple style with:

Brilliant Bundt Cakes

buy now!

Simple Strawberry Smoothies

Simple Strawberry Smoothies

How to make Simple Strawberry Smoothies, with the emphasis on SIMPLE.

Sometimes we complicate things on purpose. In an effort to seem more sophisticated or elegant, we make life harder than it has to be.

High heels are the perfect example of this. Yes, they make your calves look great and are cute-as-heck. BUT they are also extremely bad for your back, uncomfortable, slightly dangerous, and make climbing stairs nearly impossible. We wear them anyway, praying we won’t fall over or twist our ankle.

This sort of thing happens in the culinary world as well.  Take Beef Wellington. It is completely delightful, but is it really worth all the time and preparation that goes into a GOOD Beef Wellington? Is it more delicious than a great seared steak with sauteed mushrooms? Is the “glitz” factor really worth all the extra work?

Not in my opinion.

How To Make Simple Strawberry Smoothies

The other day I was flipping through one of my favorite cooking magazines and noticed a strawberry smoothie recipe. It immediately caught my attention because of the vast array of ingredients–15 to be exact. I stopped in wonder. “Who in their right mind is going to go to the store and buy 15 items just to make smoothies?” Some smoothie-makers like to add protein powder, flax or minerals to their smoothies to up the health benefits, but I wasn’t fooled. My beloved magazine was putting on airs to dress up a strawberry smoothie. Like wearing heels with your gym shorts, this just doesn’t make sense.

So today I want to share a Simple Strawberry Smoothie Recipe that has nothing to prove. I believe this to be the BEST strawberry smoothie recipe because:

1. It requires only  3 ingredients.
  2. The ingredients can be changed to suit your taste or diet.
  3. It’s thick and creamy.
  4. And it has DOUBLE the flavor of regular smoothies.

How to make Simple Strawberry Smoothies: All you need is milk, frozen strawberries, and strawberry jam. Simply throw them all into a good blender and whirr away!

The strawberry jam is the secret weapon in this simple smoothie recipe. It not only sweetens the smoothie, but intensifies the strawberri-ness, without any fake flavoring syrups of extracts.

Frozen strawberries are preferred to fresh strawberries, because they thicken and chill the smoothie without any added ice to water it down. Plus frozen berries allow you to make smoothies any time of year.

The cow’s milk can be interchanged with kefir or any sort of non-dairy milk that you like. You could also use sugar-free jam or “spreadable fruit” to decrease the sugar levels.

And of course, use ANY sort of fruit and jam to make this “best” smoothie recipe your flavor of choice–raspberry, blackberry, mango, the sky is the limit.

This simple strawberry smoothie recipe is proof that glitz and glamor can take you only so far. Sometimes the simple choice provides the greatest pleasure.

Simple Strawberry Smoothie Recipe

Yield: 4 cups

• 3 cups frozen strawberries
  • 1 1/2 cups milk (any variety)
  • 1/3 cup strawberry jam

1. Place the frozen strawberries, strawberry jam and milk in the blender.
  2. Place the lid over the top.
  3. Puree until smooth.

Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!

Strawberry Smoothie Recipe Is this your first time visiting A Spicy Perspective?

Stay a while, poke around, and find more great recipes such as:

Love our recipes? Subscribe via email, so you never miss one!

We respect your email box and privacy. Only one email is sent per week, and we never share/sell our email list. Join us below, to get a weekly recipe update + a free downloadable ebook with our top 25 most popular recipes!

You May Also Like...

98 Responses to “Simple Strawberry Smoothies”

1. Malliposted June 6, 2011 at 6:57 am

Oh how simple and easy—never thought a shake could be easier to make!! ThnX for sharing ur idea
    Cheers!

2. brandi@BranAppetitposted June 6, 2011 at 7:19 am

that is simple! I would never think to put jam in the smoothie, but it’s a great idea.

3. thepickyeaterposted June 6, 2011 at 7:20 am

love the straws !!!

4. Jessica @ How Sweetposted June 6, 2011 at 7:28 am

These look super refreshing and delicious. I love a cold, cold smoothie on these hot days!

5. Katarinaposted June 6, 2011 at 7:33 am

Looks great!

6. Nelly Rodriguezposted June 6, 2011 at 7:55 am

love the jam in it, would’ve never thought to add it! thanks for the tip! I LOVE those straws by the way!

7. Steve @ HPDposted June 6, 2011 at 8:00 am

The only kind of smoothie I ever make is the Mystery Smoothie. Any fruit that’s going to go bad before I get around to eating it goes into the freezer. Then it comes out in random order. Usually use yogurt instead of milk or kefir, plus just a spash of fruit juice just to keep the blender moving.

Wonder why “smoothie” stuck instead of “fruit shake”?

8. Parsley Sageposted June 6, 2011 at 8:10 am

So very good. I’m a firm believer in simple, quick and easy recipes that make delicious non-complicated food. Well done!

9. My Kitchen in the Rockiesposted June 6, 2011 at 8:15 am

We have smoothies daily. Usually with frozen organic blueberries, bananas or blackberries. Also simple and easy.
    Love the pictures with the straws. Very pretty.

10. Tricia Bposted June 6, 2011 at 8:19 am

We love smoothies but never tried jelly or jam or preserves! What a terrific idea. Also … The photos are incredible! Beautifully delicious.

11. Priya Sreeramposted June 6, 2011 at 9:08 am

looks heavenly !

12. Maris (In Good taste)posted June 6, 2011 at 9:10 am

You definetly had me at simple but the your photos! Oh my! Gorgeous!

13. Jennifer in SCposted June 6, 2011 at 9:13 am

Brilliant! Making for the boys (and me) in the morning. Thanks!

14. Rachel @ Not Rachael Rayposted June 6, 2011 at 9:59 am

Yum! I love the addition of the strawberries jam. Gorgeous photos!

15. Danposted June 6, 2011 at 10:00 am

I never thought about adding jam. I frequently add a ripe banana as well. I find it compliments the strawberries.

16. amyposted June 6, 2011 at 10:34 am

where did the straws come from? I love them!

17. carolinaheartstringsposted June 6, 2011 at 10:36 am

Well YUM is all I can say. It looks fantastic tasting and your pictures are wonderful.

18. Kristenposted June 6, 2011 at 11:34 am

What an easy recipe! I am definitely going to keep this one in mind for summer.

19. Bravo! I use yogurt instead of milk, but I love the idea of going with jam instead of sugar. Pure genius. Amen to the heels comment too. I haven’t worn high, high heels in a long time.

20. Sawsan@chef in disguiseposted June 6, 2011 at 12:00 pm

My favorite smoothy has to be mango..
    and you are absolutely right..the simplest things are the best

21. Emily @Cleanlinessposted June 6, 2011 at 1:03 pm

The photos are GORGEOUS!

As is the recipe :)

22. Baking Serendipityposted June 6, 2011 at 12:21 pm

15 ingredients!?! I can’t imagine going through all that effort for a smoothie. You are right. Simpler is better and this smoothie looks fantastic! I’ve never used jam in mine before…definitely something to try :)

23. Melissa Finnposted June 6, 2011 at 1:16 pm

I love strawberry smoothies!

24. maggieposted June 6, 2011 at 1:18 pm

Beautiful photos, I’d love to have a glass right now. Love the idea of putting jam in the shake. It must give the most strawberry flavor.

25. Judyposted June 6, 2011 at 1:32 pm

kudos to that simple *secret* ingredient! The strawberry jam is indeed a good touch

26. Christineposted June 6, 2011 at 1:38 pm

Sounds wonderful. Refreshing. Love strawberry smoothie. Thanks for sharing.

27. CLAIREposted June 6, 2011 at 1:51 pm

such cute straws!

i love strawberry milkshakes, but i would be willing to “be healthy” for this smoothie!
    I would have never thought to add jam… so easy and perfect for summer!

28. alisonposted June 6, 2011 at 2:31 pm

We will be trying this one. I love how simple it is…I always have these ingredients around. Thanks!

29. La Cheshire Chatposted June 6, 2011 at 2:44 pm

Now that is basically MY recipe, except I use yoghurt. Just plain, natural yoghurt and fruit, nothing else. HOWEVER, the jam is just the bomb. Wow.
    Thank you, GREAT idea!

Kind regards, Kitty

30. Belinda @zomppaposted June 6, 2011 at 3:28 pm

With that jam, definitely sweet! Very charming.

31. Saraposted June 6, 2011 at 3:35 pm

I’m all for easy things! I don’t wear high heels and complicated tight dresses that would make me uncomfortable. And I rarely cook complicated dishes. Hurray for this wonderful smoothie!

32. Ann Claireposted June 6, 2011 at 3:47 pm

Putting jam in a smoothie is genius! I must try it!!

33. Ana Helena Campbellposted June 6, 2011 at 4:03 pm

Our family love smoothies! The strawberry smoothie has been on the top of our list for years but lately we are making lots of peanut butter smoothies in our house. Great protein! Your photos are so beautiful. Thanks for sharing you recipe with us.

• Kayla — July 22nd, 2012 @ 11:05 pm

How would i go about making a peanut butter smoothie?

34. Kristenposted June 6, 2011 at 4:10 pm

We’re big smoothie fans around here. This looks so great!

35. torviewtorontoposted June 6, 2011 at 6:19 pm

haven’t had with strawberry jam looks wonderful

36. Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Dessertsposted June 6, 2011 at 8:10 pm

How simple, yet delicious! Never would have added jam, but it is a great idea. I love your cute straws too!

37. Tiffanyposted June 6, 2011 at 8:10 pm

My favorite smoothie is any smoothie with fresh ginger in it!

38. Barbara @ Barbara Bakesposted June 6, 2011 at 9:06 pm

Simple ideas are often the best. This sounds like my kind of smoothie!

39. Valerieposted June 7, 2011 at 1:49 am

I love it! And i like the frozen strawberries! We don’t have to add ice, it’s much better i think.

40. Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchenposted June 7, 2011 at 2:02 am

I admit it, I’m a smoothie maker that throws in a lot of add-ins. From protein powder to chia seeds and pretty much anything else that sounds remotely healthy that I have lying aorund the house, lol. Sometimes you just want a simple uncomplicated smoothie like this that reminds you of the ones you had when you were a kid.

41. The Mistress of Spicesposted June 7, 2011 at 3:34 am

Sounds so simple but must be so delicious! I can’t wait to get some strawberries and make this. I wish I could find gorgeous straws like that too!

42. Lindaposted June 7, 2011 at 6:50 am

I totally agree with you; simple is best and three ingredients even better! Jam is a great idea! The possibilities are endless; I’m so glad you posted this! And I love your pics! The pink smoothie, red and white striped straws, like a summer party!

43. A Little Yumminessposted June 7, 2011 at 11:56 am

We are into smoothies these days and these look like they are right up our alley. LOVE the straws!! I have to get some of those!

44. kankanaposted June 7, 2011 at 6:29 pm

aha Strawberry jam .. that is a great idea. Looks so creamy and perfect!

45. sweetlifeposted June 7, 2011 at 7:05 pm

STUNNING!!!

sweetlife

46. briarroseposted June 7, 2011 at 7:27 pm

I so have a mental picture of heels with gym shorts. Excellent smoothie recipe. The jam is brilliant.

47. bakerbynatureposted June 7, 2011 at 7:44 pm

I love simplicity; It seems some of the best things come from it.

This looks divine and so refreshing for a hot day!

48. Angie's Recipesposted June 7, 2011 at 10:43 pm

A simple but delicious and healthy drink!

49. Amy @ Serve at Onceposted June 7, 2011 at 10:59 pm

I frequently make strawberries smoothies for breakfast, but it’s never occurred to me to add strawberry jam! I’ll have to try that sometime–I’m sure the flavor-boost is awesome. I LOVE your straws!

50. blackbookkitchendiariesposted June 8, 2011 at 2:55 am

this is just gorgeous!! thank you for sharing this. i love your photos:)

51. megan @ whatmegansmakingposted June 8, 2011 at 7:25 am

beautiful and refreshing!

52. Kate@Diethood.composted June 8, 2011 at 2:07 pm

I like simple, and I love delicious…this is both! YES!!

53. Vicki @ Wilde in the Kitchenposted June 8, 2011 at 3:59 pm

I’m diggin the pink color of these smoothies. I’m really wanting to try these and interested in the difference the jam makes!

54. elle marieposted June 8, 2011 at 7:26 pm

What a fantastic drink for June! I have some “all fruit” in the fridge that I can use to sweeten up the drink (it’s made with grape juice concentrate), I’d love to dive into this after my workout!

55. Priscilla - She's Cookin'posted June 11, 2011 at 11:00 am

My sentiments exactly! Simply sensational strawberry smoothies :)

56. Dmarieposted June 11, 2011 at 8:10 pm

my fav is probably strawberry, tho’ I make more blueberry smoothies, with the idea that the blueberries have more anti-oxidants in them. (not sure if this is true! ;)

57. Jason Phelpsposted June 12, 2011 at 7:05 am

I love the idea of using jam in a smoothie. Make a lot of sense!

Jason

58. kitaposted June 13, 2011 at 12:45 pm

the spiral straws in these shots really add a lot of dimension to the photos. Im loving looking at the pictures of these smoothies. They sound delicious!

59. Jenniferposted June 13, 2011 at 1:57 pm

Jam is something I wouldn’t have thought of, definitely worth a try. I scraped a vanilla bean into a milkshake a few times and it was delicious.

60. Eileenposted June 15, 2011 at 7:58 pm

Love the looks of these smoothies. Can’t go wrong with 3 simple ingredients either. Cute straws – where did you get them?

61. Pingback: Wild Berry Smoothie | Family Kitchen

62. Valerieposted June 28, 2011 at 8:27 am

I am desperatly looking for strawberries to make your delicious smoothie!

63. Valerieposted June 29, 2011 at 9:00 am

Finally i found stawberries!! And i’ve made your smoothie, i think i can it’s the best smoothie ever!

64. Gitteposted July 3, 2011 at 3:33 am

I totally agree, fifteen ingredients in a smoothie is a little rediculous. And yours with only three ingredients sounds amazing. I’ll have to try the jam trick :)

65. Pingback: Yummy Budget - friendly recipes for the health of you and your wallet

66. Alisaposted July 8, 2011 at 10:26 am

It looks wonderful especially adding the strawberry jam. This is definitely one of those why-didn’t-I-think-of-that moment. I found you from the foodie blog roll and I’d love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this strawberry widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about strawberry recipes,thanks!

67. fatimaposted August 3, 2011 at 11:13 am

lovely recipe i love it thanks :)

68. Noorya Niaziposted November 16, 2011 at 3:12 pm

I would have never known smoothies were so simple in the past i have tried to create a super delicious smoothies instead i get a super disgusting smoothie and i would have never put strawberry jam but nice touch and BTW loving the cool candy like straws i need to totally get some :D Thanks for the amazing tip !!

69. Loriposted December 4, 2011 at 7:53 pm

I make these for my girls all the time. I usually added a tablespoon of wheat germ to get in a little nutrition.

Okay, like, this is the second reference in a post that you did to Beef Wellington. I got to tell you. I am not a foo foo foodie at all but I have made Beef Wellington (its on my blog, complete with referrals to some good resources). It is so worth it. I made it with my own puff pastry which is also much more simpler than you could ever dream. It is so tasty. Beef Wellington is so good that I have made it twice, since.

I just read your fondant post and I have to say I really feel like I need to make it soon.

70. Pingback: Receita: Strawberry Smoothie | Inglês Gourmet

71. Firstladyposted January 9, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Wonderful idea. Made it today. Tastes great!!!!

72. Jenifer De La Garzaposted January 27, 2012 at 9:22 pm

These smoothies are amazing! I added banana to mine and I am thrilled with how easy they are.

73. Maria Gilbertposted January 30, 2012 at 10:25 am

This was delicious! I used Laura Lynn frozen strawberries in syrup 1 cup, 1/2 cup 2% milk and 1 TBSP. strawberry preserves. it made a cup and a half., that was all I needed to drink! since the strawberries were in syrup I believe you wouldn’t have to use preserves or jam.Thanks So Much!

74. Hundewandererposted February 4, 2012 at 12:54 pm

I was looking for a simple strawberry smoothie recipe, and I like your way of thinking =)

75. milk-shakeposted February 13, 2012 at 3:18 am

Very good recipe :)

76. Asiyaposted March 1, 2012 at 1:15 pm

Love the simplicity of this! Makes it something you can make on a whim!

77. Amyposted March 8, 2012 at 6:40 pm

Just made it and I LOVE it! Great job using the jam. I added 1 t. lemon juice to balance out the sweet and it’s perfect.

78. Pingback: Simple Strawberry Smoothie | Family Kitchen

79. Jazmin Martinezposted April 30, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Ses, check out this smoothie recipe. Let me know if this email went thru?

80. Charityposted June 2, 2012 at 7:50 pm

This is so yummy. My 4 yr old declared it is the best smoothie ever and that I should sell them so others know I make the best smoothies.

81. Pingback: Pinned it and did it–Strawberry Smoothies | Our Giggles and Grimaces

82. Shellyposted August 27, 2012 at 6:34 pm

Delicious! The jam idea was amazing I LOVE IT. I used a bag of frozen mixed fruit (mango pineapple strawberry) and used peach jam! It was a nice mix of flavors and sooo delicious!!!

83. Amandaposted January 10, 2013 at 9:34 am

Sounds so good!! Cant wait to try the jam trick!

84. Beckyposted April 22, 2013 at 10:59 am

What size drinks does this make? i.e. 8oz, 6oz. etc.

85. Bevinposted April 22, 2013 at 4:45 pm

These are AMAZING!!!! I froze some in popsicle molds and they are sooooo delicious! We’ll be eating a LOT of these this summer. Thanks for the recipe!

86. Pingback: Simple Strawberry Smoothies | Easly DIY

87. katieposted July 11, 2013 at 7:43 am

This smoothie looks so good! Must start adding jams to my smoothies!

88. Angie | Big Bear's Wifeposted July 11, 2013 at 7:44 am

What a great idea to use jam!! Beautiful Color!

89. Pingback: Playdate Idea: Pick Strawberries and Make Something Great

90. Pingback: Three Useful Things & A Sorenism | aniccata

91. Sherri S.posted October 17, 2013 at 6:37 pm

This was good and tasty. Def will be making it again in the future. Fortunately I had some homemade strawberry jam that made it all the more spectacular. :)

92. Pingback: 50 Healthy Smoothie Recipes | Slender Kitchen

93. Pingback: 25 Recipes for Valentine’s Day Breakfast in Bed Surprise | StyleVanity

94. Miladposted March 14, 2014 at 9:41 pm

Just made this and I’m hooked already! Can’t wait to make it in the summer time

95. K Dancyposted May 13, 2014 at 9:01 am

Perfect strawberry smoothie recipe – as a busy wife and mom, this was easy AND delicious!

96. Pingback: Fresh Fruit Smoothies | Edible Fruit

97. Pingback: ~*One Year of Accountability*~ - Page 3 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community 100 lb. Club