Simple Strawberry Smoothies

Simple Strawberry Smoothies

How to make Simple Strawberry Smoothies, with the emphasis on SIMPLE.

Sometimes we complicate things on purpose. In an effort to seem more sophisticated or elegant, we make life harder than it has to be.

High heels are the perfect example of this. Yes, they make your calves look great and are cute-as-heck. BUT they are also extremely bad for your back, uncomfortable, slightly dangerous, and make climbing stairs nearly impossible. We wear them anyway, praying we won’t fall over or twist our ankle.

This sort of thing happens in the culinary world as well.  Take Beef Wellington. It is completely delightful, but is it really worth all the time and preparation that goes into a GOOD Beef Wellington? Is it more delicious than a great seared steak with sauteed mushrooms? Is the “glitz” factor really worth all the extra work? Not in my opinion.

How To Make Simple Strawberry Smoothies

The other day I was flipping through one of my favorite cooking magazines and noticed a smoothie recipe. It immediately caught my attention because of the vast array of ingredients–15 to be exact. I stopped in wonder. “Who in their right mind is going to go to the store and buy 15 items just to make smoothies?” Some smoothie-makers like to add protein powder, flax or minerals to their smoothies to up the health benefits, but I wasn’t fooled. My beloved magazine was putting on airs to dress up a smoothie. Like wearing heels with your gym shorts, this just doesn’t make sense.

So today I want to share a Simple Strawberry Smoothie Recipe that has nothing to prove. I believe this to be the BEST smoothie recipe because:

1. It requires only  3 ingredients.
  2. The ingredients can be changed to suit your taste or diet.
  3. It’s thick and creamy.
  4. And it has DOUBLE the flavor of regular smoothies.

How to make Simple Strawberry Smoothies: All you need is milk, frozen strawberries, and strawberry jam. Simply throw them all into a good blender and whirr away!

The strawberry jam is the secret weapon in this simple smoothie recipe. It not only sweetens the smoothie, but intensifies the strawberri-ness, without any fake flavoring syrups of extracts.

Frozen strawberries are preferred to fresh strawberries, because they thicken and chill the smoothie without any added ice to water it down. Plus frozen berries allow you to make smoothies any time of year.

The cow’s milk can be interchanged with kefir or any sort of non dairy milk that you like. You could also use sugar-free jam or “spreadable fruit” to decrease the sugar levels.

And of course, use ANY sort of fruit and jam to make this “best” smoothie recipe your flavor of choice–raspberry, blackberry, mango, the sky is the limit.

This simple strawberry smoothie recipe is proof that glitz and glamor can take you only so far. Sometimes the simple choice provides the greatest pleasure.

Yield: 4 cups

Simple Strawberry Smoothies

3 cups frozen strawberries
1 1/2 cups milk (any variety)
1/3 cup strawberry jam

Place the frozen strawberries, strawberry jam and milk in the blender.

Place the lid over the top.

Puree until smooth.

Strawberry Smoothie Recipe

Is this your first time visiting A Spicy Perspective?

Stay a while, poke around, and find more great recipes such as:

Be sure to SUBSCRIBE to get weekly updates of New Recipes!

98 Responses to “Simple Strawberry Smoothies”

megan @ whatmegansmaking — June 8, 2011 @ 7:25 am

beautiful and refreshing!

Kate@Diethood.com — June 8, 2011 @ 2:07 pm

I like simple, and I love delicious…this is both! YES!!

Vicki @ Wilde in the Kitchen — June 8, 2011 @ 3:59 pm

I’m diggin the pink color of these smoothies. I’m really wanting to try these and interested in the difference the jam makes!

elle marie — June 8, 2011 @ 7:26 pm

What a fantastic drink for June! I have some “all fruit” in the fridge that I can use to sweeten up the drink (it’s made with grape juice concentrate), I’d love to dive into this after my workout!

Priscilla - She's Cookin' — June 11, 2011 @ 11:00 am

My sentiments exactly! Simply sensational strawberry smoothies :)

Dmarie — June 11, 2011 @ 8:10 pm

my fav is probably strawberry, tho’ I make more blueberry smoothies, with the idea that the blueberries have more anti-oxidants in them. (not sure if this is true! ;)

Jason Phelps — June 12, 2011 @ 7:05 am

I love the idea of using jam in a smoothie. Make a lot of sense!

Jason

kita — June 13, 2011 @ 12:45 pm

the spiral straws in these shots really add a lot of dimension to the photos. Im loving looking at the pictures of these smoothies. They sound delicious!

Jennifer — June 13, 2011 @ 1:57 pm

Jam is something I wouldn’t have thought of, definitely worth a try. I scraped a vanilla bean into a milkshake a few times and it was delicious.

Eileen — June 15, 2011 @ 7:58 pm

Love the looks of these smoothies. Can’t go wrong with 3 simple ingredients either. Cute straws – where did you get them?

Valerie — June 28, 2011 @ 8:27 am

I am desperatly looking for strawberries to make your delicious smoothie!

Valerie — June 29, 2011 @ 9:00 am

Finally i found stawberries!! And i’ve made your smoothie, i think i can it’s the best smoothie ever!

Gitte — July 3, 2011 @ 3:33 am

I totally agree, fifteen ingredients in a smoothie is a little rediculous. And yours with only three ingredients sounds amazing. I’ll have to try the jam trick :)

Alisa — July 8, 2011 @ 10:26 am

It looks wonderful especially adding the strawberry jam. This is definitely one of those why-didn’t-I-think-of-that moment. I found you from the foodie blog roll and I’d love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this strawberry widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about strawberry recipes,thanks!

fatima — August 3, 2011 @ 11:13 am

lovely recipe i love it thanks :)

Noorya Niazi — November 16, 2011 @ 3:12 pm

I would have never known smoothies were so simple in the past i have tried to create a super delicious smoothies instead i get a super disgusting smoothie and i would have never put strawberry jam but nice touch and BTW loving the cool candy like straws i need to totally get some :D Thanks for the amazing tip !!

Lori — December 4, 2011 @ 7:53 pm

I make these for my girls all the time. I usually added a tablespoon of wheat germ to get in a little nutrition.

Okay, like, this is the second reference in a post that you did to Beef Wellington. I got to tell you. I am not a foo foo foodie at all but I have made Beef Wellington (its on my blog, complete with referrals to some good resources). It is so worth it. I made it with my own puff pastry which is also much more simpler than you could ever dream. It is so tasty. Beef Wellington is so good that I have made it twice, since.

I just read your fondant post and I have to say I really feel like I need to make it soon.

Firstlady — January 9, 2012 @ 3:40 pm

Wonderful idea. Made it today. Tastes great!!!!

Jenifer De La Garza — January 27, 2012 @ 9:22 pm

These smoothies are amazing! I added banana to mine and I am thrilled with how easy they are.

Maria Gilbert — January 30, 2012 @ 10:25 am

This was delicious! I used Laura Lynn frozen strawberries in syrup 1 cup, 1/2 cup 2% milk and 1 TBSP. strawberry preserves. it made a cup and a half., that was all I needed to drink! since the strawberries were in syrup I believe you wouldn’t have to use preserves or jam.Thanks So Much!

Hundewanderer — February 4, 2012 @ 12:54 pm

I was looking for a simple strawberry smoothie recipe, and I like your way of thinking =)

milk-shake — February 13, 2012 @ 3:18 am

Very good recipe :)

Asiya — March 1, 2012 @ 1:15 pm

Love the simplicity of this! Makes it something you can make on a whim!

Amy — March 8, 2012 @ 6:40 pm

Just made it and I LOVE it! Great job using the jam. I added 1 t. lemon juice to balance out the sweet and it’s perfect.

Jazmin Martinez — April 30, 2012 @ 2:27 pm

Ses, check out this smoothie recipe. Let me know if this email went thru?

Charity — June 2, 2012 @ 7:50 pm

This is so yummy. My 4 yr old declared it is the best smoothie ever and that I should sell them so others know I make the best smoothies.

Shelly — August 27, 2012 @ 6:34 pm

Delicious! The jam idea was amazing I LOVE IT. I used a bag of frozen mixed fruit (mango pineapple strawberry) and used peach jam! It was a nice mix of flavors and sooo delicious!!!

Amanda — January 10, 2013 @ 9:34 am

Sounds so good!! Cant wait to try the jam trick!

Becky — April 22, 2013 @ 10:59 am

What size drinks does this make? i.e. 8oz, 6oz. etc.

Bevin — April 22, 2013 @ 4:45 pm

These are AMAZING!!!! I froze some in popsicle molds and they are sooooo delicious! We’ll be eating a LOT of these this summer. Thanks for the recipe!

katie — July 11, 2013 @ 7:43 am

This smoothie looks so good! Must start adding jams to my smoothies!

Angie | Big Bear's Wife — July 11, 2013 @ 7:44 am

What a great idea to use jam!! Beautiful Color!

Sherri S. — October 17, 2013 @ 6:37 pm

This was good and tasty. Def will be making it again in the future. Fortunately I had some homemade strawberry jam that made it all the more spectacular. :)

Milad — March 14, 2014 @ 9:41 pm

Just made this and I’m hooked already! Can’t wait to make it in the summer time

K Dancy — May 13, 2014 @ 9:01 am

Perfect strawberry smoothie recipe – as a busy wife and mom, this was easy AND delicious!

1. Pingback: Wild Berry Smoothie | Family Kitchen

2. Pingback: Yummy Budget - friendly recipes for the health of you and your wallet

3. Pingback: Receita: Strawberry Smoothie | Inglês Gourmet

4. Pingback: Simple Strawberry Smoothie | Family Kitchen

5. Pingback: Pinned it and did it–Strawberry Smoothies | Our Giggles and Grimaces

6. Pingback: Simple Strawberry Smoothies | Easly DIY

7. Pingback: Playdate Idea: Pick Strawberries and Make Something Great

8. Pingback: Three Useful Things & A Sorenism | aniccata

9. Pingback: 50 Healthy Smoothie Recipes | Slender Kitchen

10. Pingback: 25 Recipes for Valentine’s Day Breakfast in Bed Surprise | StyleVanity

11. Pingback: Fresh Fruit Smoothies | Edible Fruit

12. Pingback: ~*One Year of Accountability*~ - Page 3 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community 100 lb. Club