Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Cake

Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Cake

Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Cake

Every time I take the kids berry picking, I think to myself, “I could totally do this. I could farm… It’s hard work, but peaceful and gratifying.”

Then I imagine us buying a large piece of land and reinventing our life. I envision myself in overalls and work boots, driving a tractor. That thought always makes me chuckle! Of course, I know nothing of farming. I’ve never even had my own garden!

This year is the first year we are going to give it a whirl–that is, be involved in a communal garden. I’m hoping to learn a thing or two. I’ll let you know how it goes!

I still like to pretend, as we’re picking berries, that I somehow had a part in cultivating them. I also like to believe that I’m honoring the berries by putting them in such lovely treats! (If that makes me slightly crazy, I can live with that.)

This super moist cake is the perfect way to CELEBRATE juicy berries! It’s thick, soft, and packed full of fresh strawberries that weep pink tears down each tender slice. The yogurt and lemon create a wonderful tangy balance to it’s sweetness. This cake slices well, and doesn’t dry out quickly. It is wonderfully delicious on it’s own–but is also marvelous with a scoop of homemade ice cream! A perfect dessert to take to picnics and BBQs this spring and summer!

Strawberry Yogurt Cake

To prepare Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Cake:

Preheat oven to 325*. Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan. Sift together the 2 ¼ cups of flour, baking soda and salt. Mix in the lemon zest and set aside.

Pour the batter into the Bundt pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.

Strawberry Yogurt Bundt Cake

2 ½ cups all-purpose flour, divided
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
8 oz. plain or vanilla, Greek yogurt
12 oz. fresh strawberries, diced
1 cup powdered sugar

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan (10-15 cup pan.) Sift together the 2 ¼ cups of flour, baking soda and salt. Mix in the lemon zest and set aside.
  2. With an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in 1 Tb. lemon juice. Alternate beating in the flour mixture and the yogurt, mixing just until incorporated.
  3. Toss the strawberries with the remaining ¼ cup of flour. Gently mix them into the batter.
  4. Pour the batter into the Bundt pan. Place in the oven and reduce the temperature to 325 degrees F. Bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
  5. Allow to cool at least 20 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely. Once cooled whisk together the remaining 2 Tb. of lemon juice and the powdered sugar. Drizzle over the top of the cake.

NOTE: I've had a few questions on the texture of the batter. The consistency of the yogurt and the juiciness of the berries, greatly determined the consistency of the batter. Thick, (dryer) yogurt will produce a thicker batter, in which the berries won't sink to the bottom (top) of the cake as seen in the photos. Either way, it is a great cake--don't worry about the thickness of the batter.

Is this your first time visiting A Spicy Perspective?

Stay a while, poke around, and find more great recipes such as:

Be sure to SUBSCRIBE to get weekly updates of New Recipes!

427 Responses to “Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Cake”

wannafoodie — May 22, 2010 @ 4:04 am

So pretty! And I bet it tastes just like summer. :)

The Cilantropist — May 22, 2010 @ 6:24 am

I make this EXACT cake with rasberries! Once summer hits, it is my go-to recipe, and I think I have made it more than a dozen times. Such a delicious, moist, satisfying cake. Plus bundt cakes are awesome. :)

Sharlene (Wheels and Lollipops) — May 22, 2010 @ 7:00 am

yummy Strawberries, and happy to see a yogurt cake featured ! In France yougurt cakes are one of the all time comfort foods and many kids have them at their 4pm snack. Making a strawberry shortcake this weekend can't wait !!

denise @ quickies on the dinner table — May 22, 2010 @ 7:05 am

OMG! Sommer, that cake is giving me the shakes! I love all those strawberry chunks peeking through and the texture is to die for. You really make good cake!

I was just wondering if you have a problem getting cakes out of bundt tins? I always have to wrestle with mine, and they usually come out with at least a small chunk or two still stuck in the tin. Even the nonstick one. Even with copious greasing.

Anyway – my 11 year old boy is leaning towards baking and we've been making cakes almost every other day the last week. I think this one will be next on our list :)

• Kim Turnley — September 7th, 2012 @ 4:47 pm

I make this cake a few weeks ago for the first time and it came out perfect. I rubbed veg oil generously inside pan then lightly dusted it with flour. Came out of pan perfectly with no missing chunks, which is rare for me with bundt pans. I am making it again as we speak. Hope u have as much luck as I did. This cake is so moist and wonderful! Definitely worth trying!

janelle — May 22, 2010 @ 8:03 am

OMG OMG I am so making this. Wow. And your pics! I lovey your site—am RSS and adding Twitter now;))).

Cherine — May 22, 2010 @ 8:14 am

Gorgeous cake, looks so moist and yummy!

Girl Foodie — May 22, 2010 @ 9:54 am

Ah! This is so pretty! I even have all the ingredients I need to make this, I just need to pop out and get a new bundt pan (mine stayed behind when I moved.

As for growing your own, good luck! There's nothing more exciting and rewarding than harvesting ruit and veggies that you've grown yourself!

Chef Dennis — May 22, 2010 @ 10:28 am

what a beautiful cake….I have been wondering what else to do with those strawberries!! I love the picture of the strawberries in the basket, they look like huge berries in a laundry basket!
    Cheers
    Dennis

Jennifer — May 22, 2010 @ 12:49 pm

This looks fantastic and I think I'm going to make it TODAY.

However, quick question what is the difference between greek yogurt and using just a plain yogurt?

• Debbie — May 24th, 2012 @ 2:10 am

Greek yogurt is simply plain yogurt that has had some of the moisture drained off. Put plain yogurt in a sieve lined with cheesecloth and let it drain for about 4 hours (and up to overnight, depending how thick you want the yogurt to be). Done

A SPICY PERSPECTIVE — May 22, 2010 @ 1:05 pm

Denise~

Sometime I have a little trouble with bundt cakes, but not so much with this one. When you take it out of the oven, it shrinks a little and pulls away from the sides. I think heavy greasing and flouring are the key to any bundt cake releasing from the pan–also a good glaze to cover up any cracks never hurts!

Stella — May 22, 2010 @ 1:15 pm

I just saw this on F.B.-looks so awesome! I made a similar blackberry cake this week, so I know this is good! Great…

Cookin' Canuck — May 22, 2010 @ 1:56 pm

This cake is truly beautiful! I can see how moist the yogurt made it and the lemon glaze is the perfect touch to complement the strawberries.

Mary — May 22, 2010 @ 2:50 pm

I found your site this morning and I really like your cake recipe, it looks yummy. Thought you might want to jump over and see mine.

Sophie — May 22, 2010 @ 4:40 pm

A georgous & refreshing Bundt cake!!

STUNNING FOOD!

C and C Dish — May 22, 2010 @ 5:05 pm

OH My…this cake looks wonderfully yummy=} You can tell by your pictures how moist it is, it looks so good!

laura — May 22, 2010 @ 5:52 pm

Beautiful Sommer! I love yogurt cakes and we are also enjoying berries from a farm down the street – will have to try this!

citronetvanille — May 22, 2010 @ 8:58 pm

What a lovely cake! If I didn't start my crust for my strawberry tart for my party tonight, I would have made this one! too gorgeous!

Kait — May 23, 2010 @ 1:56 am

I can't wait to hear more about your communal garden. This cake looks so delicious. I like the use of Greek yogurt in this recipe.

Devaki — May 23, 2010 @ 3:43 am

Dear Sommer – What a great idea to be part of a communal garden. Your cake is wonderful tribute to the season! I couldn't believe how wonderfully moist it looked. What a great list of ingredients too…

I plan to make it for the summer so I'll keep you posted. THANKS for the inspiration :)

Ciao, Devaki @ weavethousandflavors

Morellocherry — May 23, 2010 @ 5:24 am

that looks so refreshing and delicious !! i want some now!

Becky — May 23, 2010 @ 1:23 pm

I just made strawberry tea bread a couple of days ago, but it's all gone, so will bake this cake tomorrow. Also, LOVE your Fiesta. :-)

Rick — May 23, 2010 @ 1:43 pm

You can see how moist it is from your pictures. It looks so good! Great summer breakfast treat.

Ruby — May 23, 2010 @ 2:07 pm

Very, VERY tempting. Kids are out of school next week for half-term and I think perhaps a trip our local pick-your-own berry farm is in our future…

ceecee — May 23, 2010 @ 2:34 pm

I was going t make a strawberry layer cake but this one looks so good I may use this!

Food Lover — May 23, 2010 @ 9:10 pm

yum, yum, and yum :D
    can't wait to try it :)

Linn @ Swedish Home Cooking — May 23, 2010 @ 9:42 pm

What a cake! It is mouthwatering. I love that strawberry season finally is here.. Ahh.

sweetlife — May 25, 2010 @ 4:45 am

beautiful cake, love all the strawberry bits peeking out…yum, I always think I can farm also, then hubby it like "ya whatever"..

sweetlife

Momgateway — May 25, 2010 @ 3:01 pm

This would be lovely to bring to a pot luck–so beautifyl!

Shirley — May 30, 2010 @ 9:18 pm

Those berries are gorgeous! What a great way to use them.

Amy — June 1, 2010 @ 10:56 am

I had to stop back here and thank you for this wonderful recipe. I made this cake over the weekend, and everyone absolutely RAVED about it! It was so moist and tender – just perfect.

Shea M. — June 1, 2010 @ 2:54 pm

Just made this cake (2 actually, my hubs had a meeting), it's awesome :) When I tried the batter (yep, I'm a bowl-licker) it seemed like it would be too sweet, but surprisingly not (I think I'm also getting used to German cake, which isn't sweetened as much as back home). Wasn't able to properly cream the eggs (no mixer, just elbow grease), and made it in a 10" cake pan, so after 1 1/2 hours it wasn't QUITE cooked enough (I think it was the oven), but plenty of people still came back for seconds!

Made one small adjustment that worked beautifully – replace 1/3 of the strawberries with fresh rhubarb – aweomse!

Thanks for the great recipe!!

A SPICY PERSPECTIVE — June 1, 2010 @ 5:11 pm

Oh, I'm so happy to hear some of you have actually made this cake and enjoyed it as much as I do!!! Thanks Amy and Shea for giving it a try!

Shea- I'm sure the pan did have an effect on the cook time, but I'm glad it turned out in the end!

Jennifurla — June 1, 2010 @ 9:53 pm

That looks divine, I just recently discovered using yogurt in things. I will try this recipe soon.

OLGUIS — July 13, 2010 @ 1:05 pm

wow a yummy cake.
    I made long time ago a strawberry cake,but this looks great.
    Regards
    olga.

FashionFoodFatale — July 18, 2010 @ 9:37 am

Yogurt is such a surprise ingredient when it comes to cooking. Yesterday I added some to my regular pancake mix and ate the most drop-dead fabulous pancakes ever. Next on the list? This delectable cake. x

ClickandCookRecipes — July 19, 2011 @ 1:04 pm

Oh my….this just looks incredible! I’m not much of a baker…but this I’m totally going to give a go at! :) Thanks for sharing!

Melissa Phillip — July 19, 2011 @ 1:54 pm

Oh my goodness! This looks amazing!!!!! I think I might send Shane to the store so I can make it now :)

Subwoofers — July 21, 2011 @ 2:53 am

Great Summer Dessert

Sarah — September 26, 2011 @ 2:32 pm

This cake looks absolutely delicious!! I love love strawberries. Is there a way to make it without so much butter?

• joyfiance — January 24th, 2012 @ 8:26 pm

didnt see your entry till just now, but I already wrote, I believe you can use 2 cups unsweet applesauce instead. Probably will not be able to tell a difference. It will still be very moist.

Sarah — September 27, 2011 @ 9:11 am

So I made this cake yesterday with a few substitutions: whole wheat pastry flour for white, almost a cup of white sugar (because it was all that I had) and a 1/2 cup brown sugar, about 2 tablespoon of butter and a little less than 3/4 canola oil. It turned out delicious!! Thank you for the recipe.

• Amanda — February 4th, 2012 @ 10:06 am

Thanks for these tips for subs. Will try with the ww flour and canola!

Ellen — January 5, 2012 @ 9:52 pm

ANYONE who uses Fiesta Ware…well, I’m an instant fan! And the cake looks divine.

EveC — January 14, 2012 @ 4:36 pm

I made this today and its absolutely delicious. I added a dash of vanilla. I could eat the whole thing in one sitting.

joyfiance — January 24, 2012 @ 8:23 pm

I am going to try this one without the 2 cups butter. Instead substitute with 2 cups unsweet applesauce. Much healthier. Hopefully we wont know the difference.

• Judy Robbins — March 19th, 2012 @ 6:52 pm

How was this when you made it with applesauce instead of Butter?

Marian — January 26, 2012 @ 11:47 am

ok.. I just made this but my “batter” was almost more like dough!! help!! What did I do wrong!! It filled the bundt almost to the top.. .so I put a pan in the rack below incase I had overflow…

I don’t have an electric mixer so I creamed the sugar/butter and incorp the eggs, flour and yogurt that way too…

Did I mix it too much??

• Sommer — January 26th, 2012 @ 12:44 pm

Hi Marian!

Could your bundt pan be smaller than average?

As far as texture, If you are sure you didn’t mis-measure, I’d have to guess your eggs were small or your butter was dry–sometimes butter dries out a bit in the fridge and changes the texture of things. Usually if that is the case, I add a little milk.

Let me know how it turns out!!

• Eyemme — August 7th, 2014 @ 3:27 pm

Don’t lower your temp to 325. Keep it at 375 for 45min. Don’t worry if the top starts looking dark and the inside is not done… The inside will cook and the cake will not burn. I used to have the same issue of batter overload…. This solved it… Found the tip out from grandmas lemon bunt cake recipe. Happy baking!

jenn — February 3, 2012 @ 11:51 pm

147 calories for a piece of yummy cake??? I’LL TAKE IT!!! =]

• Brandi — March 3rd, 2012 @ 12:37 pm

How did you analyze this to get this calorie count? If that is the case I will certainly make this (and probably eat more than I’ll share)!!! Well, regardless I am making it because it looks so good, but I’ll probably eat more than I’ll share :)

Kimberly — February 5, 2012 @ 3:03 pm

I just made this cake today. I had the same problem as Marian. It was more like cookie dough than cake batter. Had I had some buttermilk, I would have added that. All I had was milk so I added about 3/4 to a cup of milk and it was better. I feared the outcome, but the cake is delicious! Can’t wait to try it with other fruits. Thank you for the recipe!

• Sommer — February 5th, 2012 @ 3:25 pm

Kimbery~ As far as the batter goes, the only thing I can figure is that the brand of Greek yogurt you bought is denser (with less liquid) than mine. I think you it would have turned out even without the milk, but it sounds like it was great anyway. I’m SO glad!

Patti Wise — February 6, 2012 @ 6:40 am

Looks great…. I am definately going to give this a try

Deanna Edwards — February 7, 2012 @ 5:38 pm

OMG…I made this and gosh, thought it was made in heaven!!!! I am so making this for Valentine’s Day for my dessert for my special dinner! This is a must try and you will love!

Barbara Wells — February 8, 2012 @ 12:44 pm

This is wonderful! I substituted Splenda for the sugar and added 1 cup powdered milk and 1 tsp. soda. I used vanilla yogurt instead of the greek yogurt. I definitely will make it again!

jjviolin — February 8, 2012 @ 7:22 pm

Hey I really would love to try this recipie. If it’s alright, I’m going to print it off. Thank you so much!

Holly — February 13, 2012 @ 9:16 pm

Getting ready to make this cake to take to work for Valentine’s Day! Can’t wait to try it! Should I keep it in the fridge tonight and glaze in the morning? Nothing like waiting until the last minute to ask for advice!

Deb — February 14, 2012 @ 9:58 am

Wow made this delicious cake for my co-workers for Valentines day It was fantastic. Of course a small part had to stick to the pan, lol, as is customary for my bundt cakes. This will definitely be a go to recipe for me. Thanks for sharing. Love your site by the way!

Lystessa — February 21, 2012 @ 1:19 pm

This was delicious! It had that perfect pound cake crust (and it stayed wonderfully crunchy even after it had been kept a day or two). Thanks for the recipe!

Hetal — February 21, 2012 @ 7:45 pm

I just baked it. Didnt have a bundt pan, so used an angel food cake pan instead. :) My husband couldnt stop eating it :) Thanks!!!

Heather — February 24, 2012 @ 1:23 pm

I was searching for a dessert to take to a friends tonight, this looks AMAZING! Just wondering if I could pull it off with orange rind and juice (squeezed) rather than lemon? No lemons on hand…. anyone have any thoughts?

• Sommer — February 24th, 2012 @ 7:06 pm

That sounds really good! I say go for it.

Kathy V — February 24, 2012 @ 7:59 pm

I’m enjoying a piece of this wonderful cake right now, warm from the oven–delicious! I used DiabetiSweet sugar substitute and it still came out just like in your picture. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!

Heather — February 27, 2012 @ 7:50 pm

This cake is FANTASTIC! My kids and I made it for my husband for a surprise tonight and the whole family loved it. The only difference is I used frozen strawberries because it was all I had on hand. Can’t wait to try it in the summer w/ fresh berries!

Carole M — February 27, 2012 @ 7:51 pm

My kids and I made this for my Mom’s birthday dinner today – amazing! So moist, and the flavour was fantastic!! Thank you!

Sharron — February 27, 2012 @ 8:01 pm

Made this, family loved it! I think this batter would also make excellent muffins! Going to try it with splenda for the sugar and almond flour, (no icing) for a low-carb treat as well. Thanks for sharing.

• Laura — July 27th, 2012 @ 3:48 pm

Did you try this with the almond flour? Would love to be able to make it gluten free.

Debbie Bill Jones — February 29, 2012 @ 12:09 am

Made this tonight. Oh my goodness, it’s great. Made it in 13×9 glass pan, same temp for 40 minutes. Wow. It’s a keeper.

mel — March 1, 2012 @ 5:19 pm

You have such great reviews for this amazing, healthy cake. I was wondering if anyone can still make this cake, without an electric mixer. Any suggestions when using my old elbow grease?

blog sur la mode — March 2, 2012 @ 3:58 pm

lovely!!!

Lp — March 2, 2012 @ 11:46 pm

So has anyone tried this with applesauce instead of butter?? How did it turn out? I really, really want to make this, but I just cannot do over 400 calories per serving – I know I’ll eat wayyy more than just one piece!! Any other suggestions to make it more healthy would be greatly appreciated :)

• Ashley — April 1st, 2012 @ 6:57 am

I have the same questions….Have you found anything or tried it with applesauce?

Sharon McKay — March 6, 2012 @ 8:16 pm

OMG! Just made this tonight. It is to die for!!!! So moist and the Greek yogurt is delicious with the strawberries. I had extra batter and made an additional 6 cupcakes with it and they are delicious as well!!! YUUUMMM!

Amanda B. — March 11, 2012 @ 7:28 am

Would like to hear how it turned out for anyone who used applesause. Also, would like to know if anyone has made and frozen this? I like to make cakes / brownies and cut them and individually freeze. Kids love it in the summer and we are looking for some healthier alternatives.

noelle — March 24, 2012 @ 9:30 pm

made this cake today. It was absolutely the best strawberry cake I have ever made. very rich and smooth. a keeper for sure.

Renee — March 26, 2012 @ 7:51 pm

I made this tonight and it’s totally delicious! A hit with the whole family! Thanks for sharing! :)

Stephanie — April 8, 2012 @ 4:16 pm

I made this for Easter and it was super yummy! Extremely moist and just the right amount of sweetness!
    The only changes I made was to substitute 1 cup wheat flour and 1 tsp vanilla. Thanks for the great recipe!

Toni — April 8, 2012 @ 10:33 pm

I’ve made your cake 5 times in the last 2 weeks. Everyone LOVES it. The Greek yogurt gives the cake such a wonderful tang that you can’t even get with buttermilk.

The first time I made it was for my mother and the ladies who live together in a board and care home. When I visited the day after I delivered the cake, they couldn’t say enough about it, and requested another. So far I’ve made them three. :) I love making these women smile, and this cake makes it easy!

Thank you!

Jackie — April 10, 2012 @ 2:34 pm

This is delicious!!! Thank you! I used & referenced this as my source on a post of my own!

Suzy — April 11, 2012 @ 1:32 pm

Ive made this recipe twice now and every time, the batter bubbles over making a huge mess! The first time I thought it was because I used room temp ingredients. I ended up cutting off the top that crusted over and putting it back in the oven to try to save it. It was actually delicious and I’m so glad I saved it! This time, I put a pan underneath, but it is still making a huge mess! What could it be?! I love this recipe, but don’t like what it does to my oven :))

• Sommer — April 16th, 2012 @ 7:32 am

Suzy, I wonder if your bundt pan is a bit smaller than mine. The one I used is labeled on the bottom 10-15 cup.

G — April 12, 2012 @ 9:55 am

Made this cake for my son’s birthday. It was a big hit! I cut the sugar back to 1-1/2 cups. Next time, I will use only one stick of butter and use the equivalent amount of applesauce, which I’ve done many times to save on calories and fat (no one can tell the difference). My cake also shrank a little, but it was still delicious! Thanks for the recipe!

Heather — April 16, 2012 @ 10:26 am

I will definitely make this cake again. However, next time I will use fresh picked strawberries, vanilla (instead of plain) yogurt and skip the lemon glaze. I’m sure that’s what the recipe intended, but now I know to not to cut corners;) The cake was very tart and it took 1.5 hours to bake.

Arita — April 16, 2012 @ 7:34 pm

Does this cake have to be kept in the fridge….can’t wait to make it.

andi — April 18, 2012 @ 1:40 pm

Hi I am just stopping in to let you know that I made this strawberry cake. It is wonderful. I saw it on pinterest and finally had a reason to make a cake. Thank you so much for this recipe. Your pictures are beautiful. If you can stop over to the wednesdaybaker.blogspot.com and see for yourself. Thank you andi This is a keeper for sure……………………………

A.J. Dub (Amy) — April 19, 2012 @ 7:06 pm

Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe! I made it this weekend and while it totally fell apart when I turned the pan over, it still tastes great! I posted the link for this post on my blog.

Mindy — April 25, 2012 @ 2:19 pm

Made your cake last night and brought to work for administrative professional day-it was a huge hit! Gone by mid morning :) I didnt have enough strawberries so I subsituted frozen blueberry, rasberry, blackberry combo. Cooked extra 20 minutes and was perfection. Whipped it up so fast. I already have requests to bring again :)

Katrina Schurter — April 28, 2012 @ 8:45 pm

I made this cake today. It is fantastic! Sharing it at my Scentsy open house tomorrow. I know it will be a hit!!! It’s definitely doing in my recipe box! Thanks

Rebecca — April 29, 2012 @ 6:43 pm

I made this cake tonight. It was FANTASTIC! Thanks for posting the recipe!

Michelle — April 29, 2012 @ 6:59 pm

It’s baking in the oven right now!!! Can’t wait to taste it.

• Michelle — April 29th, 2012 @ 8:13 pm

Wow! It’s really good. Not too sweet, which is just that way my honey likes his cakes.

Laurel Stephens — May 4, 2012 @ 12:05 pm

I found this gorgeous cake on Pinterest and am featuring it today for a terrific Mother’s Day cake. Thanks for the inspiration!

M — May 7, 2012 @ 3:36 pm

I made this on Sunday and it turned out GREAT! My whole family really liked it. It was deliciously dense and moist. I will definitely be making it again!

Tonya — May 8, 2012 @ 1:05 am

I made this cake and it turned out AMAZING, then making it again it turned out really bad?! So I was re reading to see what I had done different and the first time I had accidentally used baking powder and the second time followed the recipe and used soda and it turned out not very good. Since the powder made it rise…did anyone else have this?

Anyways, it will forever be a staple in my house because it is one of the best cakes I’ve had (and Im normally a chocolate girl!) but I will stick to using baking powder! :)

Amanda — May 8, 2012 @ 4:09 pm

I made this today (just pulled it out of the oven) substituting applesauce for 1/2 of the butter, and using cake flour & white wheat flour (I used just shy of half wheat flour). I tried some of the bits that stuck to the pan and it is delicious! Can’t wait to try it with the glaze! I did have to add about 10 min to the cooking time and some places still look very wet like it could’ve gone a little longer (might just be moisture from the strawberries or my oven). I’ve seen quite a few people ask about using applesauce so I just wanted to share my experience. Definitely recommend trying it!

• Emily — September 14th, 2014 @ 6:14 pm

Thank you for sharing, Amanda! I was hoping someone had success with applesauce!

Jennifer — May 10, 2012 @ 5:54 am

I didn’t have any strawberries but had blueberries and blackberries. Turned out amazing! Thank you for sharing and I can’t wait to try with strawberries next. :)

Clea — May 10, 2012 @ 1:09 pm

Wonderful recipe! Used this for my daughter’s first birthday- as cupcakes! I substituted 1/2 of the butter for apple sauce and used slightly less sugar and they were delicious. Thank you.

• Brittany — June 5th, 2014 @ 12:14 pm

About how many cupcakes did the batter make? I was going to attempt the same thing. Also, how long did you cook them for?

Liz — May 12, 2012 @ 6:16 pm

I just finished making the cake and it is to die for. I highly recommend this recipe. Mine looked just like the picture and super moist. I will probably make it again next weekend for a few guest that will be visiting from out of town.

Dianca — May 13, 2012 @ 6:54 pm

This cake was divine…I just finished making it. I left out the lemon zest and added a splash of almond extract…delish. Thanks for sharing!!!

Carolyn S. — May 14, 2012 @ 12:49 pm

I have made this cake twice since Wed! Wed I brought it into work for a birthday – and it was gone by 9 am. That was a record. Then I baked it for Mother’s day (along with 2 other cakes) and this didn’t have one crumb left over. It was a huge hit! Thanks for this!

Laura — May 15, 2012 @ 10:07 am

Made this and loved it, Sommer! Thanks so much for the wonderful recipe.

Mimi — May 19, 2012 @ 10:57 am

This was AWESOME. The flavor was to so good think I could have eaten the entire thing myself. Thanks for sharing.

Fran T. — May 28, 2012 @ 12:37 pm

I have been looking for a strawberry bundt cake recipe for a long time. I’m so making this next time I get strawberries. Thanks so much!

Amy — May 28, 2012 @ 6:05 pm

I pinned this quite some time ago and finally made it today for a Memorial Day picnic…it was awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Eunice — May 29, 2012 @ 9:46 am

I hate to ask but I can have anything I want as long as I can break down carbohydrates,sodium fat etc. do you know what they are or where I can find it or I can add up all these ingredients . myself and divide by 12 lol Can’t wait to make it! Thanks for sharing on YOUR WALL

• Sommer — May 29th, 2012 @ 10:36 am

Hey Eunice,

Here is a recipe nutritional fact calculator you can use: http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php

I usually cut this into more than 12 pieces–I just find that 12 is the standard # of servings for a bundt cake.

If you cut it into 16 pieces it’s around 358 calories per serving. If you substitute one of the sticks of butter for apple sauce, it cuts out 50 calories and HALF the fat. …I like the buttery flavor though.

Brooke — May 30, 2012 @ 3:07 pm

I made this cake exactly as the recipe says and it was DELICIOUS! My co-workers (who I bake for often) said “This is the best you have EVER made.” My husband rarely eats sweets and he ate several pieces after I forced him to try it. I think this recipe would also work great as a plain lemon cake, or raspberries instead of strawberries. Thanks for a great recipe!

Kay — June 1, 2012 @ 12:18 pm

Just made this and it is so moist and delicious! THANK YOU for sharing!

SusieT — June 1, 2012 @ 4:34 pm

Hi, this cake looks incredible! Just a quick question? There really isn’t any baking powder in this recipe? It’s really baking soda being used here?

Thanks! I think I’m making it this weekend with blackberries!

Karen (Back Road Journal) — June 3, 2012 @ 2:00 pm

What a wonderful cake for summer. It appears others agree with me as well. It appears that the batter only comes about halfway in your pan. My bundt pan is an 8″…should I not use all the batter so that it doesn’t go over the top.

• Sommer — June 3rd, 2012 @ 3:18 pm

Hi Karen, I would put it in two pans so it doesn’t spill over the top.

Dana — June 3, 2012 @ 2:05 pm

I made this yesterday – didn’t have a bundt cake pan, so I made them into muffins. They were a huge hit – delicious, so moist and tasty! Thanks for sharing!

Ruth Brown — June 3, 2012 @ 3:02 pm

Excellent recipe! I followed it to a tee, and it came out perfectly! I did use crisco to grease the pan and had no problems with it coming out! A big hit! Thanks

nicole — June 3, 2012 @ 3:03 pm

Thank you so much for sharing this recipe. I just made it today & WOW it’s delicious and beautiful. I followed your directions to the T as you said. I also really appreciated the common mistakes article you posted this really helped out a lot. Especially since I consider myself more of cook then a baker, but after mastering this I think it’s safe to say I am good at Art and Chemistry, lol.

• Sommer — June 3rd, 2012 @ 3:19 pm

Nicole, I’m so glad to hear it! Baking is a completely different mindset than cooking. :)

Stephanie — June 8, 2012 @ 2:35 pm

I made this recipe as cupcakes, they turned out wonderful. I also used this recipe to make white cake/chocolate cake swirled cupcake for my daughter’s fourth bday at school. This is a great alternative if you want cupcakes without icing. I used the Fage greek yogurt which made a really thick batter, so when I made the two batters I made half the recipe in one bowl (One stick butter, 3/4 cup sugar, 2 eggs, 1 1/4 c flour, 1/4 tsp each soda and salt, 4 oz yogurt) and the chocolate half in another bowl (One stick butter, 3/4 cup sugar, 2 eggs, 1 c flour, 1/4 c cocoa, 1/4 tsp each soda and salt, 4 oz yogurt). I’d even add more yogurt next time just to get a good consistancy to swirl the batters. Wonderful!

Shayla — June 11, 2012 @ 2:35 pm

This cake looks and sounds wonderful. I am going to find my puring shield for my mixer. I am glad to see you have a Classic. Someone wanted to get rid of my old Kitchen Aid and buy a professional. My 20 year old mixer works just fine. Thank you for the recipe. I have all of the ingredients.

summer time — June 14, 2012 @ 2:06 pm

i tried this recipe as a cupcake and they turned out great! so moist and delicious. perfect for a summer day picnic!

Eileen — June 16, 2012 @ 8:23 am

I made this yesterday as written! It was fantastic….the whole family loved it! Thanks!

Shawnteal — June 24, 2012 @ 10:14 pm

I tried to make this cake last night. Thought I had read that regular yogurt was successful for someone in the reviews. Well my cake ended up falling flat :( Couldn’t get over how delicious the batter was so I tried it again tonight with blueberries and greek yogurt…..OMG!!! Amazing…I used vanilla and added some pure vanilla extract. I’m glad that last nights disaster didnt discourage me….this cake is AWESOME!!!!

Jessica — June 26, 2012 @ 7:12 am

I made this cake and brought it in for my co-workers. They absolutely loved it…some even asked for the recipe. All in all it was a hit.

Lena — June 30, 2012 @ 9:10 pm

Made this this week for my church group, they loved it! Posted it to my blog and linked back to you! Thanks for sharing!

PD — July 3, 2012 @ 9:45 am

Found this recipe via Pinterest, and it was amazing! Will definitely be making again and experimenting with different fruits and yogurt flavors. Thanks for sharing!!

Ally — July 4, 2012 @ 12:37 am

I have to comment….I’ve been baking this any excuse I get for the past 6 months. It’s my favorite!! I have made it for parties and even for a wedding. It never fails, people rave about it! Thanks for sharing!!

Tracie — July 5, 2012 @ 3:29 pm

I made this cake to take to a 4th of July party. It was to die for. Sending out the link to everybody who asked me for the recipe. Some said it was the best cake they ever had. Most everybody came back for seconds and thirds! Followed your recipe exactly. Thank you!

Peggy — July 11, 2012 @ 6:29 pm

I would love it, if you would share this, & any other recipes you may have, on my recipe link up. http://goodrecipesonline.com/organized-linkup-for-all-your-recipes-goodrecipesonline-com/.

Joanna — July 22, 2012 @ 9:42 am

Well it’s pretty in theory. Mine came out in a hundred little pieces. But it’s still delicious! Next time I’ll spray a little more PAM in the pan.

• Sommer — August 7th, 2012 @ 7:41 am

Oh no Joanna! Make sure to grease and flour next time.

Kate — August 7, 2012 @ 6:56 am

Does anyone know if you HAVE to use greek yogurt? Or if you can just use regular?

• Sommer — August 7th, 2012 @ 7:39 am

Hey Kate,

You don’t HAVE to use Greek yogurt, but drain the regular yogurt thoroughly to eliminate the extra moisture. :)

Katie — August 14, 2012 @ 8:31 pm

What is the best way to store this cake? Does it need to be refrigerated or can it be left out if covered?

Katie — August 14, 2012 @ 8:32 pm

What is the best way to store/travel with this cake? Does it need to be refrigerated or can it be left out if covered?

• Sommer — August 15th, 2012 @ 7:45 am

I just carried one on a plane in one of those plastic cake carriers! This cake can be left out on at room temperature for a couple days before it needs to go in the fridge.

Lori — August 16, 2012 @ 7:03 pm

This looks absolutely fabulous and I can hardly wait to make this soon!

Julia — August 16, 2012 @ 9:10 pm

Cut the sugar in half, and it was just perfect! Thank you for the recipe!

• Lori — August 17th, 2012 @ 11:06 am

Thank you for the tip, Julia; I am going to do just that!

Charlotte Nunnery — August 21, 2012 @ 7:54 pm

I was wondering how the cake would turn out if I use sour cream instead of greek yogurt? Any idea? I want to make this cake tomorrow.

• Sommer — August 22nd, 2012 @ 5:49 am

I think that would work, Charlotte. Let me know how it turns out. :)

• Charlotte Nunnery — August 24th, 2012 @ 7:25 am

Sommer, baked this wonderful cake for our office luncheon yesterday and took a chance and used light sour cream in place of the greek yogurt (trying to use what I had on hand) and it was a hit-everyone loved it and turned out absolutely prefect. Next time I will cut down on the sugar as previous post did (Julia). Thank you for the recipe!

Sarah — August 28, 2012 @ 11:15 am

This cake is my new all time favorite! I have made it quite a few times now and I am making it again next week for our Mommy morning coffee at my house on the first day of school. I have added other berries as well, my favorite is strawberry, blueberry, and blackberry. :) Might add peach this time since I just got some wonderful peaches.

Eri — September 1, 2012 @ 2:25 pm

This is the second time I will be making this cake. It is so delicious; even better when it has been refrigerated. Definitely a keeper in our house!

Karen — September 2, 2012 @ 10:40 pm

Just made this cake and it was a huge hit!!!! Thank goodness for pinterest who brought me to your website. For anyone reading comments, this is a definite must!

Ritika — September 10, 2012 @ 2:35 pm

I made this cake last week and it was amazing!! I want to make it for a work function soon, but one of my coworkers has a milk allergy. Any ideas how soy yogurt would work/taste as a substitute for greek yogurt?

yogart cake — September 25, 2012 @ 2:31 pm

I have this cake in the oven now and an hour has gone by and it’s still a long way from being done. It seems maybe 325 degrees is a little low.?

Livia — October 7, 2012 @ 6:27 am

I would really like to make this for my friend’s birthday and since I dont have a bundt pan I was wondering how essential it is ?

Dominique — October 9, 2012 @ 9:29 pm

I have been looking forward to baking this cake for months now, and finally stumbled upon an abundance of strawberries. I really enjoyed making the cake, however thwart all change when it took 2k hours to fully cook! I’m not sure if it was because I used silicon bakeware or my strawberries were too juicy, but my cake is.sooooooo gushy and frankly discussing. I’ve only messed up one cake my entire baking career (an angel food I tested the doneness with a knife)! What did I do wrong? And I have aready decided to get rid of my silicone pan.

• Sommer — October 10th, 2012 @ 2:10 am

Hi Dominique, So sorry it didn’t turn out! It’s hard to say what happened without seeing it, but I’m not crazy about silicone bakeware either. The sides never develop a “crust” giving baked goods stability. That’s ok for small things like muffins, but I’d have to guess you are right about the pan being the culprit.

lisa — October 26, 2012 @ 10:35 pm

I’m going to try this. I will decrease the sugar a bit and some of the butter. I’m thawing out frozen berries for it. Let’s see how it goes…..

lisa — October 30, 2012 @ 9:12 am

This reminds me of a basic coffee cake recipe. If you don’t have yogurt, sour cream can be substituted. I made this and I decreased the sugar by 1/2 cup and it came out great. My kids liked it although one of them didn’t like the softness of the fruit. But it’s a fruit, ya know? Kids…..

KML — December 1, 2012 @ 12:46 pm

I love this recipe! It has become a requested item at gatherings! Could you divide this batter and bake in the disposable loaf pans and have it turn out the same?

Stephanie Williams — December 9, 2012 @ 9:03 am

On the fresh strawberry yogurt cake, can I use frozen strawberries since they are not in season here?

Stephanie Williams — December 9, 2012 @ 9:24 am

HELP PLEASE. On the strawberry yogurt cake, can I use frozen strawberries? Will it ruin the recipe? Also, can I use the baking soda that I keep to freshen the fridge to bake with? Finally, I have unbleached ap flour and cake flour, what is the accurate amount of cake flour, or should I use the unbleached?

Sent using ShareThis

Stephanie Williams

• Sommer — December 9th, 2012 @ 9:33 am

Hi Stephanie, You can use frozen berries, just be sure to thaw and drain them first. The baking soda in the fridge has probably absorbed a lot of odors you don’t want in your cake–so I’d buy a new box. And go with the unbleached ap flour. Happy Baking! :)

• Stephanie Williams — December 10th, 2012 @ 1:19 pm

Lyuba Schwartsman — January 5, 2013 @ 10:57 pm

FANTASTIC: HEALTHY,BEAUTIFUL,TASTEFUL,SATISFYING! THANK YOU.

Anna — January 11, 2013 @ 5:50 pm

I’ve made this bread several times and it is absolutely wonderful! Whether you drizzle the top with the lemon glaze or leave it off, it’s delicious. Very easy to make. I have a hard time just eating one slice…

Jimmy — January 12, 2013 @ 7:47 am

Love it. Will try to experiment with the reduction of sugar, perhaps. Would love for the fruit to be more dispersed, so I may try to experiment with that too because I find the cake is slightly less cooked where the fruit clumps up. Also, I make it now with raspberries and substitute orange zest and juice instead of lemon. Always delish!

Angela — January 14, 2013 @ 1:56 pm

This was ridiculously amazing. I made this (didn’t even try it first on my own family) for my Bunco group this weekend (1/12/13). Holy smokes! I probably should’ve made 2. BIG HIT. I didn’t change up anything in the recipe. I had 1 slice the next morning with my coffee and I thought it was even better the next day. Can’t wait to make it again!

Johnette Pettis — January 19, 2013 @ 12:41 pm

Excellent cake! Made this for my daughter’s13th birthday. Will be making it again. I did read the reviews and choose to use lesss sugar. Also the recipe has 325 and 375* in two different areas so I went with 375 since others had left comments about baking at 325 and it taking 2hrs. It was perfect in 1hr at 375. Thank you for sharing!

• Sommer — January 20th, 2013 @ 8:20 am

Hi Johnette, So glad you liked it! For this cake, I like to preheat the oven higher than the baking temp. I think it gives the crust a head-start to crisp up, so it comes out of the pan easily. That’s why two temperatures are mentioned in the directions. :)

Briony — January 20, 2013 @ 12:59 pm

I notice from your photos that you use 0% fat Greek yoghurt, rather than full-fat. Is there a baking reason for this? (I’m not sure what effect the extra fat would have on how the cake turns out.)

Kelly — January 21, 2013 @ 10:00 am

I love to make this cake! I might make it again soon, considering the strawberries I’ve got in my fridge!

Rose — February 2, 2013 @ 1:59 pm

Looks delicious! Do you use real butter?

Gail Harris — February 3, 2013 @ 3:39 pm

Someone posted your recipe on my fb page. Walked directly to the kitchen ad started to mix,. So easy! Out of the oven now and so delicious! Cooked perfectly as per the recipe. Thank you so much!

• Sommer — February 3rd, 2013 @ 10:45 pm

Hi Gail, I’m so glad you liked it. This cake is one of my favorites. :)

Courtney — February 3, 2013 @ 6:31 pm

This looks amazing. I’m going to try it this weekend. Has anyone tried making it as muffins though instead of a bunt cake? I don’t have a bunt cake pan.

• Sommer — February 3rd, 2013 @ 10:44 pm

Hi Courtney, You can definitely make it in two loaf pans if you have those. :)

Janet Butler — February 3, 2013 @ 7:35 pm

I just made this cake and OMG!!! I could eat the whole thing! It is so good and moist; almost like a pudding cake. I only used 1 1/2 cups sugar instead of 2 cups and will probably reduce it to one cup next time. The strawberries add plenty of sweetness. I can’t wait to make this again for my family and friends!

Melissa — February 3, 2013 @ 7:36 pm

I am so excited to make this. I saw in the comments that many people made cupcakes instead of the bundt cake. What temperature and approximately how long did you bake for the cupcakes?

Casey — February 4, 2013 @ 11:41 am

I stumbled upon this recipe on Pinterest about a year ago, and it has become a favorite in my household! Thanks for a great recipe!

Dede — February 13, 2013 @ 7:08 pm

this was a fantastic cake.
    I belong to a fruit and veggie co-op and I had bought 16 lbs of strawberries and was looking for a way to use up what I had left when I came across this on Pintrest.
    the only changes I made to the recipe is i used GF flour and xathum, other than that I stayed true to what you wrote and let me say this is a super moist and flavorful cake.
    I will be making this again, for sure.

Thanks for sharing

• Nicole — July 3rd, 2013 @ 11:24 am

Can you tell me which GF flour you used, and how much xanthum? Thanks!

Kathy — March 1, 2013 @ 4:07 pm

I made this for potluck at work and it was quite delicious, although I found the consistency a little wet on top where the strawberries were. I think cutting down on the berries might help a little. I will definately make again! love the citrus kick!

aj — March 4, 2013 @ 8:39 am

Do I have to add the lemon zest?

Hillery — March 5, 2013 @ 1:25 pm

Does it have to be greek yogurt or could I use just Yoplait strawberry yogurt? Thanks

Sheila Stringfield — March 6, 2013 @ 9:01 pm

Might try this recipe this weekend! Also, love the Fiesta Ware colors!

Brittany — March 10, 2013 @ 6:30 pm

I made this tonight with 3 apples (diced) and a tsp of apple pie spice.. Delicious!. Great base recipe with so many possibilities! Thank you!

Brittany — March 10, 2013 @ 6:31 pm

This recipe lends itself to so many options! Made it tonight with diced apples and 1 tsp of pie spice. Delicious!

Brittany — March 10, 2013 @ 6:31 pm

monna walters — March 11, 2013 @ 10:08 pm

Do you know if this works with soy yogurt? I am lactose intolerant and often unable to fet lactose free yogur other than soy in our small town.

• Sommer — March 12th, 2013 @ 5:52 am

Hi Monna, You know, I’ve never tried that, but I bet it would. Have you baked with soy yogurt before? That would be your best indication.

• Staci — April 1st, 2013 @ 7:44 pm

I made this for Easter using coconut milk yogurt, vegan butter and egg substitute. It was great. A huge hit.

Sarah — March 15, 2013 @ 9:00 am

I am going to make this cake for a party tonight. It looks so delicious!! I was just wondering, though, do you bake at 325 or 375? It says both in the description. Also, what kind of butter did you use? Regular or unsalted? And do the ingredients need to be at room temperature?

• janita smith — March 16th, 2013 @ 7:55 am

hi sarah,

this isnt my blog but i have made this cake and its delish!!!! you start with the oven at 375 then turn it down to 325 when you put the cake in. good luck!

• julienne hunt — April 15th, 2013 @ 1:09 pm

sarah, i have been on a bundt making frenzt this month so in my experience i would say to let all ingredients (except eggs) sit at room temperature. it’s easier to cream the butter when it’s softer. happy baking!

Yo — March 17, 2013 @ 9:23 pm

would like to make cupcakes for daughter’s 13th bday , just need how long to bake and temp.
    Many thanks.
    Yo

• Jessii — March 17th, 2013 @ 11:30 pm

I would use the same temperature settings but start checking after twenty minutes, and then check again according to how done they are. (I personally would take a peek every 5 minutes or so until they get really close to being done.)

Amy Seymour — March 20, 2013 @ 2:54 pm

I made this cake today and it was absolutely delicious! Definitely going to become a favorite. Thank you all the way from South Africa :)

Lindsey Stell — March 21, 2013 @ 9:32 am

Hi, I am with Sage Magazine and we would love to feature this in our April issue. Just let us know if you are interested. Thank you! sagemagazineonline@gmail.com, sagemagazineonline.com

Deenise Thorsen — March 21, 2013 @ 4:29 pm

Awesome cake, made my test one today. I want to take this to my family Easter dinner.
    I think this would be good with some rhubarb too!

Stacey — March 25, 2013 @ 11:04 am

Just made this today and it looks great! If I don’t glaze the whole thing, could I freeze some of it?

Amanda Edwards — March 30, 2013 @ 7:01 pm

I don’t have a bunt pan but want to make cake. Couldn’t I use another type of pan? I have angel food size pan, and other pans for cakes.

• H. Patton — April 8th, 2013 @ 9:14 pm

i used two 9×5 loaf pans and baked them for 45 mins… they turned out perfect!! :)

MaryBeth — March 30, 2013 @ 7:48 pm

if im making this cake the night before does it need to be refridgerated??

Angie W. — March 31, 2013 @ 6:15 pm

Made this for Easter dessert and it was a hit! Thanks for the note about the thickness of the batter! Mine was the consistency of dough almost but it was super moist and yummy!

Bobbie — March 31, 2013 @ 7:47 pm

Can I use sour cream instead ot yogurt

• Sommer — March 31st, 2013 @ 8:03 pm

Absolutely! :)

Ashley — April 3, 2013 @ 9:56 am

Oh. My. Goodness. I made this cake last night as a test run for my husband’s birthday cake and it is so delicious! So easy and yummy! I will be making it many more times!

Lisa — April 4, 2013 @ 11:31 am

I noticed that a few reviewers commented on cutting down on the sugar. I’m wondering if those people had opted to use the vanilla yogurt instead of the plain that is pictured here. Since vanilla yogurt is sweetened, maybe that’s what put it over the top in sweetness. Just a thought. Mine is in the oven as we speak. Can’t wait to try it!

Tracy — April 5, 2013 @ 10:07 am

I just made this with raspberries and it was amazing!! Thanks for sharing with us!

Pmyankee — April 7, 2013 @ 6:08 am

We planted 2 lemon trees and a lime tree this year . Our first time. We don’t know a thing about it . We just are going for it. If they grow they grow and if they don’t well, we tried. We also got 6 chickens . Hens. This is our second set. Our first set that was supposed to be sexed for us ended up being 1 hen and 5 mean roosters. He was in breeding his own. So I learned a valuable lesson. Buy your chickens from a reputable dealer only. The hen got sick and we lost her and I’m trying to get up the nerve to butcher the roosters. We named them. Never name your food. The hens we have now are adorable and are giving us 5-6 eggs a day. We will incubate some of these eggs for chicks and raise for butchering. So what I’m tring to say is go for it . We had no idea what we are doing. We are winging it. We have 15 acres and live on less than 5 of them the rest is trees and shrub. lOL. We plow with a lawn tractor a small field and have started planting our own vegetables this year. We have plants coming & up we have lost track of what some of them are due to storms washing away our signs. We will have to wait until harvest becuz we can’t tell from the leaves. We are not that familiar yet! LOL!

Elisabeth — April 7, 2013 @ 1:07 pm

I made it this morning for my daughter’s birthday party this afternoon… I somehow figured out how much to use since I’m French and we don’t use the same measures… It was soooooooo yummy !! Thank you so much for the reciepe !!

Katherine — April 8, 2013 @ 11:36 am

Can you verify the oven temperature? At the beginning it states to preheat the oven at 325 and then in the recipe itself it tells us to preheat the oven to 375.

• Sheyla — April 21st, 2013 @ 8:24 am

Thanks to your comment I just realized why mine browned on the outside, I forgot to turn the temp down to 325! Agh. It was still pretty good… Will have to try again.

Katherine — April 8, 2013 @ 11:37 am

Never mind….I re-read the recipe. :-)

Laura — April 8, 2013 @ 12:50 pm

Hi,

Thank you for posting this recipe. I hadn’t baked in years and fancied making something, so I tried this, using blueberries instead of strawberries as the shop didn’t have any! It worked really well though and got a lot of compliments.
    I used golden caster sugar instead of regular sugar too, and it tasted lovely!

Thanks again

bonnie — April 12, 2013 @ 10:05 am

would like emails sent to me of recipes

PJ Price — April 12, 2013 @ 10:54 am

This looks like the perfect cake for me to make this weekend, and I have all the ingredients on hand. Yum ! Looking forward to this one ; )

http://www.facebook.com/ptreasures (great jewelry.. excellent prices)

Liz — April 13, 2013 @ 10:24 am

Hi! I made this last night, but used orange juice/zest instead of lemon and loved it so much that I wrote about it on my blog! Thanks!

Measuringbliss.com

debbie r — April 13, 2013 @ 5:59 pm

So there is no baking powder used in this recipe? just baking soda and plain all purpose flour? Looking forward to making this.

• Sommer — April 14th, 2013 @ 9:38 pm

You got it Debbie!

Lara — April 15, 2013 @ 12:32 pm

I had some 2/$1 a pound strawberries that I didn’t want to go bad, so I whipped this up yesterday. Little did I know I was going to have company. My husband who wanted me to make some pumpkin pie bars (from a box) wasn’t to keen on me making this, but I told him to bad. He had three pieces. It was very good and went together smoothly. The greek yogurt made the batter VERY thick. I even had about 1/8 cup of regular vanilla yogurt.

Charlene — April 16, 2013 @ 10:01 am

I made this yesterday and it was delicious!!!
    My family loved it!! I will deff make again!

Anna Belle — April 17, 2013 @ 12:31 pm

I just made this cake..it turned out great but it stuck to the pan when I turned it over…any suggestions?

Anna Belle — April 17, 2013 @ 12:33 pm

I just made this cake and when I turned it out, it stuck to the pan….any suggestions?

• laura — April 17th, 2013 @ 2:55 pm

i had the same problem, it still tasted delicious, but any pointers would be great!

• nikki — April 18th, 2013 @ 1:27 pm

I’m going to be trying this recipe out tonight, but from previous experiences, I’m about positive it has to do with the overall thickness of greek yogurt. Mixing the yogurt with applesauce (or adding a little oil to the mix) has worked for me in the past so I’ll probably do the same thing with this

Beth — April 17, 2013 @ 1:17 pm

This is such a great recipe. I’m on my firth round of it. This time, I left the lemon out and added apples, bacon and cheddar. The best cake recipe ever. Thank you so much.

Megan — April 19, 2013 @ 8:05 am

I finally got around to making this after being in my Pinterest feed for months, and I wish I wouldn’t have waited! It’s amazing :-D also, I made it with stevia so that the amount of sugar is cut in half and also about half the butter… Trust me there was no sacrificing flavor, only calories! I can’t wait to pass this on to my family. Thanks.

Sharon — April 20, 2013 @ 5:13 pm

Made this cake last night and it turned out fabulous! I used the greek yogurt with the fruit in it, and just put the whole thing in (2 small individual containers). Also used 1 cups Splenda and 1 cup regular sugar. So good that I didn’t need any powdered sugar drizzle.
    Thanks for a great recipe!

Cordelia — April 21, 2013 @ 11:06 am

Made this last night. It was super delicious! I used both grease and flour and the sides still had some sticking going on.. am I no putting enough on?

nida — April 22, 2013 @ 11:30 am

hi

can i use regular whole milk plain yogurt instead of greek yogurt since thats all i have in hand right now.

Kathy — April 24, 2013 @ 10:24 am

The cake is in the oven. I had to use frozen strawberries and coconut sugar. I also just realized I used baking powder rather than baking soda! I’ll let you know what happens! I’m making it for a church board meeting my hubby is hosting tomorrow night. I have a feeling I will be baking another later on today! The batter tasted great ( I really enjoyed licking the beater!) even if it is not perfect I’m sure it will still taste good! I have to keep busy doing something as it is SNOWING OUTSIDE ! I think I had my flowers planted by this time last year!

Ally — April 26, 2013 @ 8:17 am

This cake is so delicious. It’s also very easy to get right! It’s become my go-to cake and every time I make it I get rave reviews! Thanks for this amazing recipe!

Kristin — April 26, 2013 @ 12:44 pm

I was wondering if this cake would be good for breakfast or is it more a dessert type cake? Thank you

Kaylene Mills — April 26, 2013 @ 5:34 pm

Any idea how this would work to make cupcakes instead if a bundt cake?

Donna — April 27, 2013 @ 6:34 pm

Just made this cake and it is delicious!!! It could be my favorite cake ever!

Catherine Fraser — April 29, 2013 @ 4:08 am

Looks like a great recipe but when you get to the ingredients they put a Tempura add that just won’t move so sad .

Kelly — April 29, 2013 @ 8:24 pm

Have you ever baked it and put it in the freezer for later? I have an event coming up and I have a lot to make. Trying to make lots of things that can be frozen to free up the day of the event.

Cassandra — May 2, 2013 @ 9:08 am

Sorry if someone has already asked this but I’m on my phone and unable to take all the time to read the comments. I don’t have one of those pans and I REALLY want to make this so can I use a regular cake pan? How long for the cook time and what temperature if I do. I was thinking about maybe making some extra strawberries with a tiny bit of sugar and let them sit over night so they get saucy and letting people pour some on the cake…okay idea? Or too sweet?

• Sommer — May 2nd, 2013 @ 9:21 am

Hi Cassandra, It’s pretty sweet on its own so you may want to try it first before adding toppings. You can definitely make it in loaf pans or as cupcakes/muffins. The baking time will vary quite a bit, so your best bet is to start with 15-20 minutes and then watch it carefully from that point. Be sure to do the toothpick test in the middle so you’ll know for sure if its cooked through. Good Luck!

Beth — May 3, 2013 @ 4:30 pm

I am making this for the second time now. I made it with raspberries both times and it is delicious – I haven’t tried strawberries yet. The batter is very thick as others have said, but the cake is SO moist when it is finished.

I sprayed the pan with Baker”s Joy and it came out no problem, and I have a more intricate bundt pan.

However, mine took WAY longer than an hour in the oven. Maybe 20 minutes longer – I have to keep checking it.

Mindy — May 3, 2013 @ 9:42 pm

I am making this tonight as a donation for our school dessert auction tomorrow night. Sadly I won’t get a taste of it, but if the batter is even half as good as the cake…OMG, Delocious!!! I will definitely be making another to keep for my self very soon.

• Mindy — May 4th, 2013 @ 10:43 pm

It went for $175 and it was Delish!

catherine — May 4, 2013 @ 2:27 pm

Can’t wait to try this. Of course, the Fiesta Ware makes everything better :-)

Zorana — May 4, 2013 @ 5:37 pm

I made this cake for my book club!!! It smelled wonderful and was very delicious. I think they next time I bake it I will try sour cream. The combination of strawberries and the lemon was tasty.

Carla — May 7, 2013 @ 10:22 am

I am wanting to make this cake for mothers day. Would it be ok If i made the batter, went to church for two hours, and came back and put it in the oven? Would that effect anything having the batter sit that long?

• Sommer — May 7th, 2013 @ 3:42 pm

Carla, I wouldn’t do that because the baking soda may go flat in the time you are gone. You could mix all your wet and dry ingredients in two separate bowls, then combine them when you get home…

Sandra — May 8, 2013 @ 6:42 pm

Just wanting to know is ‘all purpose flour’ plain or self raising flour and also is ‘powdered sugar’ normal or castor sugar…….thanks.

Julia Snoddy — May 9, 2013 @ 1:00 pm

I made this cake last evening, it is superb!

Stacey — May 11, 2013 @ 12:05 pm

Wow, looks SO GOOD! But how did you get the bottom of you cake so flat?? Mine always puffs up during baking and never looks as pretty when served! :)

Kimberly — May 12, 2013 @ 5:49 pm

Made this today for Mother’s Day…it was a big hit! It’ll be gone before the end of the day! I really enjoy baking, but I find that a lot of recipes are a huge waste of time and ingredients…this was a wonderful surprise. One question, my mom asked if I could make it with peaches next time, has anyone tried that? Thanks for the fantastic recipe!

Maria — May 12, 2013 @ 6:09 pm

Maybe is my dyxlexia kicking but this instructions are very confusing

Kirsten — May 12, 2013 @ 10:46 pm

Loved this cake! I cut the butter in half and subbed half a cup of applesauce. I also cut the sugar in half, because 2 cups seems a lot! I did not make the glaze topping. It was delicious even with my ‘healthier’ changes. It was a big hit at my Mother’s Day dinner. And got lots of compliments. i will be making this again.

Sue — May 13, 2013 @ 6:38 pm

I also made this for Mother’s Day…Easy, wonderful blend of flavors. My big mistake .. thought it said cool 10 minutes and tried to take it out. Needs the full 20 minutes. I took the leftovers to work and they all loved it!!!

Lela — May 16, 2013 @ 8:46 am

I have this in the oven now. The batter was thick and oh so yummy. It will be out of the oven in half an hour and I am so excited. Having a group of friends over for music and dessert later this evening. I didn’t notice till clean-up that my greek yogurt was fat free :( hope it is not a real problem.

• Amber — June 24th, 2013 @ 6:33 pm

How did it turn out? I was thinking fat free too.

Rob — May 26, 2013 @ 7:45 pm

Making this now; the batter is thick and delicious. The recipe is easy to follow and fun to make. Thanks for the recipe!

Sue — May 27, 2013 @ 8:36 pm

Made this today for our Memorial Day meal and it was amazing! It’s a keeper! Thank you for sharing.

Sylvia — May 31, 2013 @ 11:30 pm

not working. at all. batter was amazing but it’s not cooking in the oven. I”m using a 10′ Cake tin, it’s not cooking in the centre at all. A crust developed on the cake but the insides are all runny and liquified. I followed the instructions to a tee and i’m very upset about this

HELP!

• Marissa — August 18th, 2013 @ 7:53 pm

Not sure why this didn’t work for you! :( I made it a couple days ago for a family get-together and it turned out perfect! Try again, ok? If it turns out the 2nd time, you’ll be glad you tried again. It’s soooo worth it! Good stuff!

Sheila — June 1, 2013 @ 6:21 pm

Just a question–can this cake be frozen for future use????

Diane — June 1, 2013 @ 7:37 pm

wondering if anyone used rhubarb for this recipe

liz — June 2, 2013 @ 2:22 pm

do you have a carb count on this recipe?

Dalila — June 8, 2013 @ 1:45 pm

So i Just finishing making this cake but haven’t tried it yet, looks delicious though. However, when I let it cool for 20 minutes, it flattened. It has rounded and puffed up in the oven and as soon as i put it to cool, it flattened a little.
    I did not use a bundt pan so im not leaving it upside down…..maybe this cake is only good with bundt pans?

Thanks for the recipe! My mom had really reccommended this one to me!

Phyllis Zarnas — June 9, 2013 @ 7:02 am

this is confusing; one place you said to heat over to 325 then later it said 375. This is a huge difference. Please confirm heat temperature before I waste my money.

• Klee — June 9th, 2013 @ 5:25 pm

Phyllis – it says in the instructions to preheat your oven to 375 and to turn it down to 325 when you put the cake in.

• Sommer — June 10th, 2013 @ 8:50 am

Phyllis,

Yes as KLEE said, in the instructions I have you preheat the oven to a higher temperature, then lower the heat to help form a good exterior crust without over-baking and drying out the cake. :)

Richard — June 9, 2013 @ 5:31 pm

Awesome! Just finished my first piece and getting ready to start on my second.

Maisy — June 9, 2013 @ 9:36 pm

Just made the recipe today! Very delicious! I think I will play around with different berries or fruit next time. The instructions were easy, although I did have to read them twice before starting. I was thrown off by the different temperatures at first. Start at 375 and then lower to 325 before putting in. This cake is super moist!

Jessica — June 13, 2013 @ 5:38 pm

Absolutely amazing!!! Took it to a BBQ and everyone loved it! I received so many compliments and it was actually very easy to make. I plan on making it again this weekend but with Blueberries (dad’s fav) for Father’s day. Thanks for the great recipe!

Samantha H — June 24, 2013 @ 8:28 pm

I’m looking to do a fresh strawberry cake for a layer on a wedding cake….do you think this recipe will work? It’s going to be the 16″ bottom layer of a 3 tiered wedding cake.

flip flops for women — June 27, 2013 @ 9:12 pm

Conceived as a dream in 1979, today the availability of the VVM is the result of immense efforts and dedication to strengthening public health on the part of many organizations, institutions, companies and individuals.

judi — June 28, 2013 @ 6:59 am

Hi i just wanna ask can i use frozen strawberries instead of frech strawberries?

Carol Y — June 29, 2013 @ 1:09 pm

A friend of mine made this with strawberries and it was delicious. I made my first one using a pound (after seeding) of fresh apricots and it turned out great! I love the yogurt and lemon in it. I’ve been searching high and low for something to do with fresh apricots, so this is definitely a keeper.

• Carol Y — June 29th, 2013 @ 1:13 pm

I also want to mention the directions were good. I did mess up and only use 2 and 1/4 c of flour, but it didn’t make any difference. Maybe the apricots are not as juicy – they weren’t overripe. I used a bundt pan and followed the temperature directions as written.

Pete — July 1, 2013 @ 3:33 pm

Made this for the second time. My wife just loves it! Is there an easy way to
    Freeze this cake? Great recipe!

• Sommer — July 5th, 2013 @ 7:06 am

Pete, wrap it well with plastic wrap , then foil. :)

Madeline — July 1, 2013 @ 3:55 pm

I made this cake today..it tastes delicious but didn’t rise at all?…not sure what I I’d wrong. Any thoughts?

• Sommer — July 5th, 2013 @ 7:05 am

Madeline, you may need to replace your leavening agents. Things like baking soda and baking powder lose their lift power over time.

Daniela — July 4, 2013 @ 8:31 am

Does this call for unsalted butter sticks or salted :)

• lori — September 1st, 2013 @ 3:50 pm

you should always use unsalted when baking :)

Bobbi — July 4, 2013 @ 9:13 pm

Made this for our Fourth of July Bar-be-Que…Fabulous! Rave reviews and seconds all the way around the table. Thank you for sharing.

Patti Chaivre — July 7, 2013 @ 7:35 pm

This cake was excellent! I used frozen blueberries and the cake was a huge hit! Thank you for sharing!!!!

Crissy — July 10, 2013 @ 6:32 am

I made this cake for 4th of July festivities and it was a huge success, everyone loved it! I did use sour cream and salted butter in lieu of yogurt and unsalted butter b/c that’s what I had on-hand but the cake still turned out wonderful. I already have requests to make this again. Thanks for this awesome recipe!

Diane — July 11, 2013 @ 7:26 pm

WOW! I am a beginning baker (at the ripe old 40 something age). I followed the recipe to the tee and my pictures matched yours each time!! Thank you so much for sharing the recipe and the pics! My family and I loved it! It turned out GREAT!

Kate — July 13, 2013 @ 12:24 pm

I just wanted to come and tell you how much we love this cake! I’ve made it at least half a dozen times and it always receives reviews. Thanks for sharing the deliciousness :)

Nancy Long — July 14, 2013 @ 6:48 am

can’t wait to try the cake – meeting some friends at Marco Island in a couple of weeks and this will go with me. Also, my email and provider have changed, do I need to resubscribe for the newsletter?

Janette Howell — July 17, 2013 @ 8:32 am

The batter was AMAZING!! I cannot wait to taste the cake…I used fresh blueberries instead of strawberries though.

Claire — July 20, 2013 @ 12:20 pm

I used store-bought strawberries and measured out the recommended 12oz. I would suggest just using the whole 1lb. package though because I found that my cake didn’t contain enough strawberries for my taste. Overall, I was pleased as this cake was very delicious and moist!

Luanne Eckert — August 3, 2013 @ 7:05 pm

I just pulled this cake out of the oven and it smells awesome! It cooked beautifully in my new Bundt pan. Can’t wait to taste it!

Megan — August 4, 2013 @ 8:34 pm

Made this for a family event and everyone loved it! I used coconut oil in place of butter, reduced the sugar to 1 1/2 cups, and replaced half the flour with whole wheat. Even with the healthier changes it was moist and delicious!

Angie S — August 10, 2013 @ 10:53 pm

I tried this with peach instead of strawberries – perfection!

Lisa Bernier — August 11, 2013 @ 1:29 pm

Absolutely Delicious. I cut the sugar down to 1cup and cooked for 45 minutes. The whole family loved it. Definitely a keeper.

Jaimie — August 12, 2013 @ 11:20 am

Great cake, made it before…this time the top of the cake collapsed….what do you think I did wrong?

Constance — August 14, 2013 @ 5:25 am

Wow, I just made this, and I gotta say, this is an OUTSTANDING recipe. This cake turned out *super moist* with great flavor & with a lovely & subtle tang from the lemon – delicious! Thanks again!

Onya — August 20, 2013 @ 10:28 am

This recipe looks so tasty I can’t wait to try it, just one problem: I don’t have a Bundt pan! What size cake tin can i use instead for good results?

• Sommer — August 20th, 2013 @ 6:32 pm

I would try two bread pans. :)

cindy — August 24, 2013 @ 9:05 am

Can i use strawberry greek yogurt? And do you think it would work with crushed pineapple added in the batter? Thanks! Sounds amazing!

• Sommer — August 26th, 2013 @ 5:05 am

Hi Cindy, yes to both questions!

Sandy — August 26, 2013 @ 12:23 pm

Made this a few weeks ago for my beloved Pastor and wonderful wife…it was a hit.I am making it once again tonight for my hubby.

Vivian — August 28, 2013 @ 8:17 pm

Amazing recipe,thanks for sharing!
    I just have a question: i did not use the bundt pan,so I used a regular round pan (an aluminun one) and when i turned it out,a thin layer of the cake was left there…it didn’t destroy my cake,but the appearence could be prettier.
    Any thoughts on how to avoid this?

Dawn — September 7, 2013 @ 3:27 pm

Thank you from the bottom of my bundt pan!!! I love this recipe and have made is several times, always with the same results – everyone LOVES IT!!!!!!!! Trying it again today with peaches and blueberries mixed. I can’t wait to cut into it :)

derwin — September 16, 2013 @ 8:48 pm

I made the cake tonight…i think it came out a little to wet..maybe i use too many strawberrys…all n all…i do like the cake…very good flavor.

Dayna — September 21, 2013 @ 1:03 pm

I’ve made this cake several times now and LOVE it. As does everyone who has tasted it. I recently made it into mini cupcakes, (without the fresh strawberries) with lemon cream cheese icing. YUMMY!!!!! Big hit. Thank you for my new go-to cake.

kerri — September 26, 2013 @ 12:55 pm

Can I use another type of cake pan on this ? I don’t have a bundt

Kacee — November 10, 2013 @ 10:15 pm

Have you ever made it as cupcakes or put frosting on it? My daughter wants strawberry cupcakes for her birthday.

Sarah — November 24, 2013 @ 10:34 am

I just made this, this morning using blueberries instead… (hubs is allergic to strawberries) and it was AMAZING! I was testing this recipe out for our upcoming vacation to Colorado and it will be perfect! SO glad to have found this recipe! DELICIOUS and EASY for this I-love-to-cook-but-not-that-great-at-it chef. :)

Lori — December 8, 2013 @ 6:07 pm

Have made this recipe several times with raspberries. Love it even better.

candice — December 22, 2013 @ 12:22 am

In the oven as I write! Do you think the cake will last 3 days before eating or do you think it is best to freeze? Any thoughts as to if I should keep it in the fridge or not if I don’t freeze? Thanks!

• Sommer — December 22nd, 2013 @ 7:50 pm

Hi Candice, It should be fine for 3 days in the fridge. Hope you like it!

ALYSSA — January 6, 2014 @ 6:14 pm

Is there a way to make this with frozen strawberries?

Win Huisman — January 11, 2014 @ 9:58 pm

I made this for a Dessert, for friends that were coming for Dinner, and it turned out just what the photo looked like. It was a hit, and I am going to make it again this next weekend for other friends.
    Thanks for sharing.

Janis — February 6, 2014 @ 8:56 am

Can you make this with blueberries instead of strawberries? I wanted to make it for a gathering but I have someone coming that is allergic to strawberries

• Sommer — February 6th, 2014 @ 8:32 pm

Absolutely!

Carol Ann — February 14, 2014 @ 11:29 am

Tasty – kids loved it! Took way longer than 60 minutes (maybe 75-80?) and stuck to the bottom of the bundt even though it was greased. Should I have kept at at 375 longer? I preheated it until it reached that temp – then changed it to 325 as directed) right as I put it in.

Only changes: I used a 1/4 cup less of sugar and 10 (versus the 12) oz of fresh strawberries.

Also glaze didn’t dry all professional looking like yours!

Any suggestions?? Still delicious!

• Danielle — March 7th, 2014 @ 9:05 pm

Where’s the nutritional info?

Billie — March 7, 2014 @ 2:08 pm

Just wondering if this cake can be frozen for later eatin’? Thank you looks delicious!

Melissa — March 11, 2014 @ 5:30 pm

Can I use a different pan, don’t have a bunt pan.

• Sommer — March 11th, 2014 @ 11:22 pm

Hi Melissa, you can make it in two loaf pans and bake around the same length of time. Good luck

Tammy — March 28, 2014 @ 7:15 pm

I didn’t read the part about turning down the oven until the cake was in for approx 40 minutes. What effect will this have on the end product? I will probably know by the time you can reply, but i put a lot of love into making this and am hoping it can be salvaged. I turned the oven down to 315 just to hopefully help the situation out.

AmandaO — March 29, 2014 @ 12:31 pm

Delicious! I used orange zest and freshly squeezed orange juice instead of lemon, blueberry yogurt instead of plain Greek yogurt, and baked in mini loaf pans for 40mins. I’ll be making this again. Thanks for the recipe!

Katie — April 13, 2014 @ 12:30 pm

We had friends over for dinner yesterday and I made this for dessert. I used plain Greek yogurt and reduced the sugar by 1/3cup and it turned out amazing! I saw that some people had trouble with it sticking so I greased and floured the heck out of my pan and had no issue. Will definitely be making again, and experimenting with different fruits. Thank you for sharing!

Kerri — April 24, 2014 @ 3:17 am

Delicious! Baked up perfectly and the whole family loved it. My son always wants strawberry cake for his birthday and I have yet to find one that I really like. This one has potential to be tried as birthday cake later this year!

Elizabeth — April 27, 2014 @ 4:14 pm

This is delicious! Mine got darker on the outside than yours which wasn’t as visually appealing. Any suggestions? I tried taking the next one out earlier but it wasn’t done.

• Sommer — April 28th, 2014 @ 6:08 am

Hmmm…. it makes me wonder about your bundt pan. Is it very old?

R. McLaen — May 2, 2014 @ 6:40 am

I have made this cake 4 times and it is delicious but I can’t get it to stop sticking to the bottom of the pan so I have a mess!! I do grease and flower and my bundt pan is not very old. Any other suggestions?

• Sommer — May 2nd, 2014 @ 5:11 pm

Hmmm… my bundt pan is a Wilton and has a heavy non-stick seal. The main reason why a bundt cake might not come out of the pan (other than not greasing and flouring) is not letting it rest in the pan long enough. Make sure the cake rests AT LEAST 20 minutes before flipping. If you are doing that and are still having a problem, try letting it sit for 30 minutes or so. Also, some people really love Bakers Joy non-stick spray for pans. Hope this helps!!

Jamie — May 6, 2014 @ 9:25 am

How many cups is 12 oz. of diced strawberries? I buy strawberries from the farmer’s market and they are not in packages with oz. listed on the front. Thanks!

• Brittany — June 5th, 2014 @ 12:04 pm

8oz = 1 cup, so therefore 12oz = 1.5 cups.

Sarah Post — May 8, 2014 @ 2:04 pm

Wow! Just made this cake and have yet to try it, but it came out beautifully. Just like the picture! Can’t wait to try it. Thanks!

Debbie — May 10, 2014 @ 1:40 am

I’ve been waiting long enough for a good excuse to make this cake and what better excuse than a family barbecue! I will be baking it tomorrow!

Raeleen — May 25, 2014 @ 12:17 pm

After reading all the comments about the difficulty of this cake sticking to the pan, I did what I’ve found to really work. After greasing the Bundt pan with shortening, I use purchased, plain regular breadcrumbs instead of flour. Since I discovered this method, I’ve never had any problems. Thank you for this cake recipe! So delicious! Have used blueberries, too!

Alicia King — June 19, 2014 @ 8:53 pm

Could you use splenda in place of the sugar?

• Sommer — June 19th, 2014 @ 9:01 pm

Hi Alicia, I don’t ever use Splenda, but you could certainly try it! If you do, let me know how it turns out. :)

Alicia — June 22, 2014 @ 11:14 am

This is cooling off as we speak! Smells great and looks fantastic. .mine is a bit darker and strawberries didn’t completely sink to bottom! Can’t wait to taste it at bunco today! !!!

Katie G — July 17, 2014 @ 5:53 pm

Made this today for my family. It came out way too lemony. It almost tasted like a lemon cake with some strawberries rather than a strawberry cake. It might be helpful to list what size lemon to use in the recipe and exactly how much zest (in Tbsp) Apparently a large lemon is not correct. Overall great cake, excellent consistency, but too much lemon.

stephanie — July 25, 2014 @ 8:27 pm

Delicious. Made a few changes though. Used orange zest and freshly squeezed orange juice instead of lemon. used 3 strawberry GoGurts instead of plain or vanilla because that’s all I had on hand. And I don’t have a bundt pan so I used 9×13 instead. Same temp. Took 30mins in my oven.

Micu Mici — August 6, 2014 @ 8:13 am

Hello!
    First of all, thank you for this wonderful recipe, your cake looks amazing and its been on my mind for a while. I have some friends over tonight, so I decided it is a good occasion to try it.
    I am in Europe, and it took me some time to convert everything to grams, ml and Celsius… the only thing I could not measure was the strawberries. My cake turned out way too wet, and it took forever to bake through. I will have to introduce it as a ‘strawberry lemon pudding’ I guess, but it still tastes amazing.
    While making it, I couldn’t believe how little flour you use, but I decided to stick to the recipe. Next time will put less strawberries and more flour I guess.

Thank you!!!!

Callen — August 27, 2014 @ 8:33 am

Looks amazing. Has anyone tried it with frozen berries? Does it work with frozen strawberries just as well?

Thanks!

Ashley V — August 31, 2014 @ 2:31 pm

I stumbled upon this recipe about a week and a half ago through the I Heart Naptime blog (old post), and I used it for a cake bake-off contest with my friends. Though our cake had 2 other flavors along with this one, I have a sneaking suspicion that this strawberry cake is the reason we won the taste category by more than double the points. It was incredible! I’m typically a chocolate only type of girl-I don’t usually even waste my time eating any other flavors of cake, ice cream, desserts in general. However, I have been pretty much dreaming about this cake since I made it, and I am desperate for a reason to make it again (a reason other than ‘I just desperately want it,’ because that would result in my eating the entire thing all by myself which probably isn’t the best plan)!

• Sommer — September 1st, 2014 @ 1:07 pm

Wow Ashley, that’s awesome! Thanks for stopping by to share. :)

Allie — September 16, 2014 @ 3:11 pm

Thank you so much for this recipe, it’s one of my favorite desserts now! Thank you for all the time and energy you put into this blog for people you may never meet. Bless you!! – Allie :)

1. Pingback: Drei-Gänge-Menü | Topfsache

2. Pingback: Strawberry Yogurt Cake! « DR. LILL

3. Pingback: » New Recipe Rundown » Abide at Home Abide at Home

4. Pingback: A Little Sunshine | Heather Bakes

5. Pingback: Link Lovin’: Fresh Stawberry Yogurt Cake…. « Rollin' Oats Market and Cafe

6. Pingback: cakes by iamshe - Pearltrees

7. Pingback: Fresh Strawberry and Yogurt Cake « ipinnedit

8. Pingback: Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Cake

9. Pingback: Cakes | Pearltrees

10. Pingback: Cakes:) | Pearltrees

11. Pingback: Jen’s Meal Plan 2/27 – 3/4 | Meal Plan Girls

12. Pingback: Pinteresting: March Wish List «

13. Pingback: A Mad Weekend « Go Bake Yourself

14. Pingback: Becca's Balancing Act » Blog Archive » Sweet Potato Burritos + Baking Tips

15. Pingback: Link Love « Muslim Hippie

16. Pingback: Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Cake «

17. Pingback: 25 Easter Food Ideas…Breakfast, Main Dishes, Desserts, & More |

18. Pingback: Food Factiod: Strawberries | Her Split Ends

19. Pingback: strawberry cake number 2… - boscopix photography

20. Pingback: Berries are Back « Meredith’s Munchies

21. Pingback: Strawberry Yogurt Cake « pleasebebrave

22. Pingback: Tide and Thyme » Strawberry Yogurt Cake

23. Pingback: Internet Inspirations … « Simplify by Sara

24. Pingback: Strawberry Yogurt Cake with Lemon Zest « upeacerecipes

25. Pingback: Red, White and Lemon Cake

26. Pingback: Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Bundt Cake | A Seat at the Table

27. Pingback: Pick Your Own Strawberries at Rose’s Berry Farm in Glastonbury | Out and About Mom

28. Pingback: Tried & True (Thank You, Pinterest) « relished

29. Pingback: Summertime Eats and Drinks | cincysavers.com

30. Pingback: Strawberry Yogurt Cake « North Fork Beauty

31. Pingback: Deserts svētkiem – Zemeņu jogurta kūka | Tējtasīte

32. Pingback: What to do with all those Strawberries!

33. Pingback: Cherry-Vanilla Yogurt Cake | Bake or Break

34. Pingback: The Moistest Pound Cake Ever – Raspberry Yogurt Cake

35. Pingback: Strawberry Yogurt Cake « Fresh Perspective

36. Pingback: strawberry yogurt cake

37. Pingback: Fresh Strawberry Yoghurt Cake | A Life Extraordinary

38. Pingback: Best of 2012 | Mother Knows Something

39. Pingback: Frugal Things I Did Last Week or What to Do When You Fall off the Frugal Wagon « Emerson Family

40. Pingback: Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Cake | The littlest cupcake

41. Pingback: Strawberry & Butter Bundt Cake | Food Blogger Mania

42. Pingback: Strawberry Lemon Yogurt Mini Bundt Cakes | onlyonegem

43. Pingback: Menu Plan: March 17 | Just a Mama's Stories

44. Pingback: March 17-March 31 | Meal Scheme

45. Pingback: Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Cake | Come Sit in My Kitchen

46. Pingback: Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Cake - Chew Nibble Nosh

47. Pingback: Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Cake | In Her Chucks

48. Pingback: My Word with Douglas E. Welch » My Favorite Things for March 2013 – Douglas E. Welch

49. Pingback: My Favorite Cake | Happy Wifey

50. Pingback: Strawberry Yogurt Bundt | Taste Of Sweet

51. Pingback: Fresh Strawberry Orange Bundt Cake | Measuring Bliss

52. Pingback: Strawberry Breakfast Cake | If You're Bored

53. Pingback: Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Cake | Dreamy Blog

54. Pingback: S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y | Our Piep Show

55. Pingback: Recipe: Strawberry Yogurt Cake | BurlingtonVT Moms BlogBurlingtonVT Moms Blog

56. Pingback: Help. Need a strawberry cake recipe - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel

57. Pingback: Strawberry Yogurt Cake Recipe

58. Pingback: Strawberry Yogurt Lemon Cake | Nascentes Morimur

59. Pingback: Strawberry Pound Cake | normalcooking

60. Pingback: spring strawberry cake | wert and art

61. Pingback: Strawberry Sour Cream Cake | I Heart Nap Time - How to Crafts, Tutorials, DIY, Homemaker

62. Pingback: Strawberry Yogurt Muffins | NancyCreative

63. Pingback: Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Cake - A Family Feast

64. Pingback: Strawberry Pound Cake | Normal Cooking

65. Pingback: Breads and Cakes | Pearltrees

66. Pingback: Strawberry Yogurt Poundcake | What I Like

67. Pingback: Strawberry Cakes Forever | In Natalie's Shoes

68. Pingback: Strawberry Yogurt Cake | The Messy Sisters

69. Pingback: Strawberry Yogurt Cake « Live More Daily | Live More Daily

70. Pingback: Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Cake | "A Curious Mind"

71. Pingback: Share The Love Sunday: Recipes with Fruits and Vegetables in Unusual Places |

72. Pingback: Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Cake Recipe | Bakerette.com

73. Pingback: Feel Good Friday | Exploring Happiness

74. Pingback: Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Cake - Seven Foods Of Heaven

75. Pingback: File it Friday: Flower Craft, Strawberry Cake + More | How to Have it All

76. Pingback: Fun Friday Five! | A Fettle Fine Thyme

77. Pingback: Caramel Potatoes » Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Cake

78. Pingback: Hautelinks: Week of 5/1/14 – College Fashion

79. Pingback: Strawberry Recipe Roundup – CA Grown

80. Pingback: Cooking A-Z: Y is for Yogurt Cake | Sweets Eats and Crafts

81. Pingback: 8 Things that I’m Loving Right Now (June) | The Thrifty Frugal Mom

82. Pingback: It's all About Strawberries and Delicious Recipes

83. Pingback: A Mad Weekend | Go Bake Yourself

84. Pingback: Strawberry Bundt Cake | My great WordPress blog

85. Pingback: Two-Colored Yogurt Bundt Cake - Give Recipe

86. Pingback: Fresh Lime Cake with Raspberries - Ambrosia & NectarAmbrosia & Nectar

87. Pingback: Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Cake | OptimaFood